universe

Feminine motivations

23 posts in this topic

Recently heared a speach by Osho in which he talks about the differences between feminine and masculine energy in the universe.

Im a man and this was very interesting to me because until then I just assumed that the way I go about conscious work, awareness and connection would also be how everyone else does it.

Here is what he said:

Men care about truth, reality and how to create things in reality (e.g. spaceships). They want to figure out how reality works and whats is true and what is not.

That has really been my whole life. Figuring out reality, questioning reality and searching for the Truth.

Well turns out, for women its none of that. While men are interested in emprinting themselfs on nature. Nature is only interested in the uterus, because the uterus gives birth. The uterus is inside of women, so they are much more centered in themselves. Women are not interested in building spaceships because the uterus is already inside of them.

So anyone on the feminine side of things care to explain this a bit more? I really want to inspire people to do conscious work and need a better understanding of the female mind regarding metaphyics, so I can include women as well.

Step 1 Identify women do not care to identify reality

Step 2 ask women how they identify reality 

lol :P

They are interested in people, of course!

Because they have an uterus and thus can be more centered in themselves they might be more drawn to others. Even though our society is very masculine they might also be assuming everyone is like them. My mind is blown!

Yeah @K VIL im fucking trapped here, help! :D

Careful with these gross generalizations.

But women generally are better than men at appreciating the value of relationships, love, empathy, emotions, and intimacy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Goal is to become both a man and a woman in one body.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

i like it , man

@universe It's best to think of things in terms of masculine principle/feminine principle and Yin/Yang, as opposed to man/woman. People are energetically androgynous by their very nature. And being too identified with ideas of manhood or womanhood will cover over our ability to experience the true interplay between the masculine and feminine that occurs within us and within reality as a macrocosm. 

So, if we identify too strongly with manhood or womanhood, we will cut off a significant part of our Yin/Yang energetic signature. And speaking psychologically, we will cut ourselves off from our Anima and/or our Animus. A well developed person allows the Yin and Yang in themselves to flow freely and be in constant intercourse with one another, which creates an electricity between the two natures that accrues more libidinal energy. It is this allowance of opposites to intermingle chaotically within us that creates the tension and energy necessary for psychological, emotional, and spiritual growth. 

So, I find that a lot of men, because they associate empowerment with societally constructed masculine gender roles based on a caricature of masculinity and the idea of male dominance. And they also tend to desire women at the extremes of femininity and beauty. So, they tend to get caught in the trap of repressing their Yin energy to the extreme. And it doesn't help that society's values mirror this Yin repression.

They think, if I am like a woman, then I will lessen my status and fewer women will be attracted to me and I will have less power and I will fall in the hierarchy. So, they contort themselves out of shape to fit into those social roles and reject their feminine aspect (the Yin energy). And they shift away from their authentic self.

And because their feminine energy is blocked, it cannot be in intercourse with the masculine or flow freely and chaotically. So, their energy gets stagnant and they can't accrue the libidinal energy necessary for growth. As a result, they're emotions begin to go bitter and stale with lots of hatred and projection. And they feel disconnected from their own feminine nature, which is then projected onto women as a whole group. They reject the feminine, and this mirrors onto women in the form of feeling rejected by them. The disowned Anima in a man will become spiteful because of the rejection and seek revenge on him through projection and creating an illusory version of reality where women hold all the power over him and he is powerless to them. And he will spend his time feeling vengeful toward women.

So, it's a pretty nasty trap to fall into, and it's INCREDIBLY common. It's called Anima possession. And the primary cause is taking societally constructed gender roles too seriously, and disowning so much of themselves as a result. 

Also, being a woman, I hear people make these kinds of generalizations all the time. And some of them, I'm like "That doesn't fit me, but I can see that there is a general pattern like that." But more often than not, I'm like "Nope. Totally a misrepresentation." It's best to get to know your own feminine nature than make guesses or listen to other men about women as you (and probably Osho too) can't know their internal motivations and what makes them tick. 

I've been in this woman vehicle for 29 years, and I'm always learning new things about it that I didn't have enough subtlety or sensitivity to pick up on in earlier years. So, it takes quite a bit of nuance and first-hand experience to speak intelligently about female nature in general, without sounding ignorant or heavy handed. And to me, it's quite clear to me that your insight about female nature is nothing more than an intellectual speculation about the female experience from afar. But if you don't yourself embody your own feminine nature, you cannot be aware of female nature in general. 

This is one of the subtle benefits of being a woman. Society doesn't mind us embodying the masculine too much, because society views the masculine as superior to the feminine. Also, society is built in tune with the masculine principle. And even all the defaults tend to be set to the male perspective including default pronouns. So, women have a whole life-time of having to shift into the masculine perspective, in order to function in society. So, it's not uncommon for many women to understand men quite well and be able to empathize with them. 

But most men never actually shift into the feminine perspective as society punishes it, and society isn't set up in such a way that it requires them to do so. So, they tend to get stuck only existing in the masculine perspective. As a result, women are a huge mystery to them. And even trying to empathize would be a major shift out of their comfort zone. This especially hits them hard in the sphere of dating and attraction, because men who have no access to their feminine side have NO IDEA what makes them attractive. 

So, watch out for this trap. Just notice and accept whatever is there without getting to into social ideas around these energies. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Thanks for your answers!

14 minutes ago, Emerald said:

And to me, it's quite clear to me that your insight about female nature is nothing more than an intellectual speculation about the female experience from afar. But if you don't yourself embody your own feminine nature, you cannot be aware of female nature in general. 

Yes, I just listened to Osho a few days ago. Also watched Leos videos on masculinity and femininity but they were more general/sexual. Im interested in the female path to enlightment. How do women go about it, when not questioning reality, pondering about Truth, being mindful, being aware of the mind labeling things, entangling the groups under each label, seeing reality for what it is, watching the thoughts and fiddling through all the lies told by society?

Maybe even more interesting I find, what is the motivation behind all this.

For me, the motivation that got the ball rolling was definitely finding Truth, deepening my understanding of existence and personal growth. How is that different from a female perspective?

Im not on that level yet to just tap into my female energy and answer all these questions for myself. Allthough if you happend to have some guidance I will give it a try.

Disclaimer: Im using the word woman/female/masculinity etc. just for the sake of clear writing. Im aware everyone is both female and male to variing degrees.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

BUT LEO ... !!!!

Are you saying I must become a fa***** ??!!!!

Are you saying that all my work-out is useless ??!!!!

That I'm not an Alpha ??!!!!

But LEO ... !!!!

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Outer said:

A generalization is false, but on average it's true that women like people more than things.

Are you sure that women love more you than the Gucci, Prada and the diamonds?

@Crystalous Of course! Nothing compares to the intoxicating allure of Leo.

You not being Leo, your results may vary ;)

I would beg to differ with the spiritual community. 

It seems to me much more that men are the romantics and women the pragmatists when it comes to love between the sexes. 

20 hours ago, universe said:

Im interested in the female path to enlightment. 

I’ve been playing the enlightenment game for a looong time and this idea has never come up. I’m surprised it hasn’t since the idea is so fundamental to personal identity 

I observed that female path to enlightenment goes through suffering too.

Due to female physical and mental capabilities given by universe and influenced by society they usually use subtler energy paths.

Edited by archi

Whatever it is, men has ALOT to learn from females and female energy. And I think to get really deep in that learning is to have a romantic relationship that focus on growing and acceptance. I think men will learn more by that than sitting in a cave. Even though caves are awesome to get deep in Being. 

interesting, I'm female and I am definitely more interested in people, I actually make people so I need to know a lot about them lol

I became interested in enlightenment because of people

at first I just needed to fix my life which was mainly problems (suffering) with certain people, it was not spiritual at first at all, but it led me there

I'm also very interested in reality and how things work and in finding what is true and what is not true

but I'm not interested in those things just to know I'm interested in them because of what they lead to which is bliss, that's what I want

is some of that the same for men?

@isabel don't doubt that

You are universe, we are universe, you might feel unique but you are the same :x 

On 24.9.2018 at 6:46 PM, isabel said:

interesting, I'm female and I am definitely more interested in people, I actually make people so I need to know a lot about them lol

I became interested in enlightenment because of people

Never thought about that, haha. Yeah it makes sense when you see it from that perspective ;)

A friend told me her motivation came also through her suffering. Because of self-worth and because of the way she behaved in previous relationships which was the result of her low self-esteem. So the suffering was that man(society?) treated her poorly and she didnt wanted to accept this.

On 24.9.2018 at 6:46 PM, isabel said:

but I'm not interested in those things just to know I'm interested in them because of what they lead to which is bliss, that's what I want

is some of that the same for men?

Definitely, for me at least. Truth and understanding where a bigger motivator than bliss.

I guess that realization that it all leads to bliss came far later for me. Although there is a certain gratification/fulfillment in deeply pondering reality by itself.

Edited by universe

The dance between the "man" and the "woman" pushes us into duality. 

It's a "duality" that symbolizes "oneness". It's a paradox.

"Men" and "Women" becomes complicated once you pass orange stage. Orange stage men and women are what we usually see in culture.

But then things start to get funky at green, yellow and turquoise.

Where green stage men are more compassionate and loving than orange stage women. 

It becomes super funky.

I think we are far far far away from fully understanding the duality between men/women. Even within the enlightened communities.

The shadow is really thick.

And we are babies just learning how to walk.

Im specifically interested in the motivational path towards enlightenment. I feel that there is a lot for me to understand still.

Women on this board please post how you came here. What is your journey, how did you find actualized.org, what resonated the most with you?