Alex14

Is School worth It?

21 posts in this topic

Honestly. I’ve been following and learning with actualized.org an other places for 3 or 4 years by now (I’m about to turn 18) and every new thing I learn it makes me doubt even more the purpose of school, specially at such a specific level like high school.Too many idiot rules to follow just because a teacher wants you to. And basically sacrifice almost every aspect of your life (specially spirituality) to get good grades, which are useless (even looking at them with a materialistic perspective). You’ll probably never find you life purpose at school.  You have to constantly kiss the teachers’ ass to keep them happy. And on top of all this my parents are the type of parents who would be very upset if I don’t go the hard science (physics, biology, etc) rout. Is not that I don’t like school beacons I prefer to do drugs and play video games (I don’t even like that) but because genuinely think I would have a more useful and close to spirituality and life purpose education outside of school. To actually go out and learn outside a textbook, to research by my self stuff that is actually important (like health witch all I know I learnt it by my self). I just feel very restrained by school. Any solutions or advice to cope throug or how to get out of school? Leo, I would infinitely appreciate it if you answered this question.

IMHO except if you're training to become a medic or engineer, school is a waste of time and money that doesn't prepare you for the real world at all anymore- but the same can be said for entry level wage slave jobs. You can learn any theoretical knowledge on your own with books, videos and internet, and learn skills hands-on starting your own projects, and gain hands on experience as a volunteer, apprentice or intern.

If I were high school senior currently, I would get my school to set me up with internships at companies so I can learn applicable real world skills and make business connections. Then ask my parents to give me whatever money they would pay towards me going to college to use towards starting a business.

I was in the position where I said: "School is crap, they just make robots so they have corporative slaves". You know what? I got bit older and realized that's bullshit. I bet most people couldn't build great career without school, people are just too weak for that, very few quit or don't go to school in order to build their idea. Most will just work in crap jobs and blame "the system". 

Definitely don't pay for school, that's stupid, so many great countries have free education in any field, choose that. And no, don't take whatever your parents suggest or what pays well, adjust your passion, purpose, hobbies to offered programms, that's what I did and It's the best choice ever. Sure I still study most of the stuff at home as I don't plan to be average worker, that's what everyone should do. You will be taken much more seriously If you do have some kind of degree and school does teach you a lot of important stuff, not just lectures themselves, but whole social aspect Itself. Attend every exhange program, build network, join in every project. School is amazing! 

Elementary School was successful in teaching me how to read and write. Although, there was also a bunch of unnecessary crap thrown in.

Do not be foolish. Think for your self.

What of practical use have you actually learnt? How have you benefited. Do you feel any better? Do you feel more inspired? Have you learnt anything that allows you to create something you otherwise would not have been able to create? What value on the marketplace can you now offer to people?

In affect, you learned nothing. Do not kid yourself. Just because you had fun at "school" due to the social aspects was not the school's doing. Fuck, even I can become chief of education and set up a "school system" where kids are simply made to walk around a 1 mile track for 6 hours a day and give the most points to the kids who walk the furthest. You can bet the kids will start talking to each other.  It is a way of creating a wealth disparity, not all the kids are going to be willing to rack up the same mileage as the kid in the lead.

Except, there is no actual tangible difference in wealth, the kid who only walked 6 miles is just as fucking useless to the marketplace as the kid who ran 20....but..... you see, people buy into lies and there IS an actual value for the kid who walked 20 instead of 6 in the market place, because the college decide to recognize the kid who walked 20 as higher value, giving access to more of that colleges prestigious titles, some employers buy into this is well and then use these titles as a benchmark for whether someone can work for them or not.

Except in college, not all the subjects are academic bullshit , some of them teach you stuff that ACTUALLY allow you to contribute to the marketplace. ( If you know how to do brain surgery, that adds value for example)

I do not mind the social aspect with school. School however, is not about socializing. 

I am 16. Do not listen to me unless your willing to think for yourself. I am only a fool.

13 hours ago, Lorcan said:

Elementary School was successful in teaching me how to read and write. Although, there was also a bunch of unnecessary crap thrown in.

Do not be foolish. Think for your self.

What of practical use have you actually learnt? How have you benefited. Do you feel any better? Do you feel more inspired? Have you learnt anything that allows you to create something you otherwise would not have been able to create? What value on the marketplace can you now offer to people?

In affect, you learned nothing. Do not kid yourself. Just because you had fun at "school" due to the social aspects was not the school's doing. Fuck, even I can become chief of education and set up a "school system" where kids are simply made to walk around a 1 mile track for 6 hours a day and give the most points to the kids who walk the furthest. You can bet the kids will start talking to each other.  It is a way of creating a wealth disparity, not all the kids are going to be willing to rack up the same mileage as the kid in the lead.

Except, there is no actual tangible difference in wealth, the kid who only walked 6 miles is just as fucking useless to the marketplace as the kid who ran 20....but..... you see, people buy into lies and there IS an actual value for the kid who walked 20 instead of 6 in the market place, because the college decide to recognize the kid who walked 20 as higher value, giving access to more of that colleges prestigious titles, some employers buy into this is well and then use these titles as a benchmark for whether someone can work for them or not.

Except in college, not all the subjects are academic bullshit , some of them teach you stuff that ACTUALLY allow you to contribute to the marketplace. ( If you know how to do brain surgery, that adds value for example)

I do not mind the social aspect with school. School however, is not about socializing. 

I am 16. Do not listen to me unless your willing to think for yourself. I am only a fool.

If you're that kind of person who is unable to apply theory to practice then maybe go to construction or mechanic school? Somehow I've found that mostly lazy people with crappy grades, who don't know what they wan't blame school. Smart, ambitious people know that school is amazing tool to reach their goals. Below university level you have to learn basic information about everything and I think It's stupid to say that you don't need a certain thing from that, in highschool they require you to learn basics on broad, general topics, which is great, after that in university you can study whatever you wan't. Maybe you're just not that kind of person who can study theory, but has to do more practical stuff.

Do It, set up you "school system". Let's see how many kids will "walk around track". Do not kid yourself, you would be running alone as your idea is crap and no one would ever join your "school system" as It's pointless bullshit. 

I get It, you're 16 and your mind is filled up with "actualized mess". But in reality the kid who walked 6 miles will beg for a job to the one who did 20 miles.

And socializing is just as or even more important than studies themselves, I suggest you to really think about this as you don't wan't life to teach you how important that is.

People, no matter how enlightened or consciouss you are, as you're living in society It's really beneficial to figure out how humans and life in general works and use this knowledge in your favor. Yes, society is tangled in illusions and bullshit, but If you are able to see trough It, you can use It to infiltrate in It and achieve whatever you wan't. In this case, school and socializing really helps If you wan't decent human experience.

2 hours ago, RabbitHole said:

If you're that kind of person who is unable to apply theory to practice then maybe go to construction or mechanic school? Somehow I've found that mostly lazy people with crappy grades, who don't know what they wan't blame school. Smart, ambitious people know that school is amazing tool to reach their goals. Below university level you have to learn basic information about everything and I think It's stupid to say that you don't need a certain thing from that, in highschool they require you to learn basics on broad, general topics, which is great, after that in university you can study whatever you wan't. Maybe you're just not that kind of person who can study theory, but has to do more practical stuff.

Do It, set up you "school system". Let's see how many kids will "walk around track". Do not kid yourself, you would be running alone as your idea is crap and no one would ever join your "school system" as It's pointless bullshit. 

I get It, you're 16 and your mind is filled up with "actualized mess". But in reality the kid who walked 6 miles will beg for a job to the one who did 20 miles.

And socializing is just as or even more important than studies themselves, I suggest you to really think about this as you don't wan't life to teach you how important that is.

People, no matter how enlightened or consciouss you are, as you're living in society It's really beneficial to figure out how humans and life in general works and use this knowledge in your favor. Yes, society is tangled in illusions and bullshit, but If you are able to see trough It, you can use It to infiltrate in It and achieve whatever you wan't. In this case, school and socializing really helps If you wan't decent human experience.

@RabbitHole  I am 15 years old, going to school in Czech republic where we also do have free education. There is also free education in the nearby countries such as Germany for example. Many people from Asia are grateful they can study here for free, because they would have to pay their life savings in China and Japan. They are even willing to learn Czech (very hard language, similar to Russian and Polish) just to apply for the schools here. 

This approach is probably ok, if you want to become a surgeon or a pilot type of person, but there is literally so much trash thrown onto us. I respect that we should have the basics of mathematics, we should be able to write with the correct grammar and maybe even have some basic IT profficiency, as it is very practical. Even history is great as there are many lessons to be learnt in that field. Not even mentioning English, which is mandatory, but most people who know English learn by themselves, the school system doesnt do well when it comes to language teaching.

The subjects that are really making me sleep are geography, chemistry and biology. Why should I know all the highest peaks and river names, why should I know all the equations and nomenclatures? (given that I dont want to become a scientist or a surgeon etc...) We forget it anyway when we get home. 

I see some of my friends struggling so hard, trying to flatter those toxic teachers, being stressed and overwhelmed by their requirements. I think its one of the main causes why half of my class is doing drugs, smokes and drinks alcohol. They just want to stand against the superiors. Therefore I cant even say that I can socialize with people that I can learn from there, most of my quality relationships are not with classmates.

I am thinking about quitting school as soon as possible, providing value to people and living from that, rather than wasting 20 % of my life hanging out with these types of people.

There is so much more to say here, I assume you got the point, but I see no necessity in learning all the stuff that we are being taught.

10 hours ago, RabbitHole said:

I

My school system was a metaphor for the one we have. I do not know your context. Maybe your school was... different.

That is. What the students do is pointless bullshit for the most part. If I invited you to come to school with me and sit through each class I'd prove it to you. I could even film it and you could not deny that it is indeed pointless bullshit ( primarily the material, secondarily the delivery method of the material, most of the time, it's useless academic bullshit).

But somehow , in the marketplace, they use it as way of generating value in the market place by saying that the kid who does best in learning the academic bullshit has more options to choose from in terms of college certifications. Some of those courses ACTUALLY teach students how to generate value in the marketplace, others don't.

It is over-hyped for a reason. If it was not hyped up, the value in having a degree would plummet. But instead some use it as benchmark for estimating the value of a person in the marketplace.

If A kid is lazy, that is not the schools doing. That is the kid's doing. 

I do not blame school. I do not like high-school. The teaching, the environment, the material. I'll take some stuff from my textbook, and we'll see how well you turn theory into action then.

Lazy? You force a man on a human sized hamster well and ask him to start running, and he refuses... You call him lazy?

Or maybe he just doesnt want to do it because the material is pointless. 

I'd say give up on high-school, read non-fiction, and if you have academic interests, read up on that yourself. Learn how to generate value yourself, with books.

Edited by Lorcan

3 minutes ago, Lorcan said:

My school system was a metaphor for the one we have. I do not know your context. Maybe your school was... different.

That is. What the students do is pointless bullshit for the most part. If I invited you to come to school with me and sit through each class I'd prove it to you. I could even film it and you could not deny that it is indeed pointless bullshit ( primarily the material, secondarily the delivery method of the material, most of the time, it's useless academic bullshit).

But somehow , in the marketplace, they use it as way of generating value in the market place by saying that the kid who does best in learning the academic bullshit has more options to choose from in terms of college certifications. Some of those courses ACTUALLY teach students how to generate value in the marketplace, others don't.

It is over-hyped for a reason. If it was not hyped up, the value in having a degree would plummet. But instead some use it as benchmark for estimating the value of a person in the marketplace.

If A kid is lazy, that is not the schools doing. That is the kid's doing. 

Well for a compromise I can tell that I believe 90% studying happens outside school, but I really wan't people to figure that out while in university otherwise in reality most people who say this and don't study on higher levels - university, college, academy etc. tend to live pretty sad lives, stuck in horrible jobs as It is really not that easy to build your own brand, company etc. most people just couldn't do that, so university level education will atleast give decent, comfortable life from which they can move forward. 

School system and life is as It is, adapt or get left behind. Sure, those few who have the enterpreunership skills to do It on their own, do It!

School is worth it for one simple reason. That reason is not what you learn there. The real reason is the teachers there; one can learn more from the teachers themselves than the lecture they preach. 

But if you awaken, then is not worth doing it, why? Because you will be able to project anywhere in the world, project in any human being and simply learn. So, you decide, if you want to go to meditation and build a schedule on the subjects you want to learn. You go the hard way of investigation or awakening. Best of luck!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Because you will be able to project anywhere in the world, project in any human being and simply learn. So, you decide, if you want to go to meditation and build a schedule on the subjects you want to learn. You go the hard way of investigation or awakening. Best of luck!

Could you elaborate more / reword this thanks

@Hellspeed 7 hours a day just to meet the teachers, who are depressed or angry most of the time anyway? I bet you could have found more teachers outside of school if you tried doing that... I am actually doing it.

21 hours ago, RabbitHole said:

Well for a compromise I can tell that I believe 90% studying happens outside school, but I really wan't people to figure that out while in university otherwise in reality most people who say this and don't study on higher levels - university, college, academy etc. tend to live pretty sad lives, stuck in horrible jobs as It is really not that easy to build your own brand, company etc. most people just couldn't do that, so university level education will atleast give decent, comfortable life from which they can move forward. 

School system and life is as It is, adapt or get left behind. Sure, those few who have the enterpreunership skills to do It on their own, do It!

Those stuck in horrible jobs need to take 100% responsibility.

Everyone has the ability to sell things to others, make their own brand. It is a matter of suffering. Those who suffer win. Those who aren't willing to suffer. Lose.

School makes it real easy to be a lick-arse and jump through all their hoops. If you are the prime person in charge of creating value rather than being told what to do by someone else, then it is not so easy. What is wrong with it being more difficult?

I don't know. I think we will not agree. I do not mean to argue. I love you rabbithole.

You want to take the easy path and be someone else's employee and have them tell you what to do for your living? Go to school. That's what it's for. Nothing wrong with this path, it must be taken by most people to have a functioning society.

You want to take the challenging path and dictate how your life is going to play out? Don't go to school. Start your own business. Learn along the way. Make your life an adventure that an author would jump at the opportunity to write about.

Find the path for you.

I found my grade school years very beneficial and it taught me a lot.

I was gonna go to college but soon dropped out because I wanted my own path as a programmer.

There's no solid yes or no answer to the value of standard education. Its all about if its a step necessary to achieve or get closer to your goal.

Maybe if AI will do most of the manual work in the near future, is there gonna be any excuse not to contribute the evolution of society?

Just imagine that a robot does work for someone who is deeply stuck in orange/blue, like most people probably. This person now has like double the time to improve. (or he can just do all the unhealthy things, but I think this will also be unscrambled sooner or later by the bankrupting hospitals)

This person can now, instead of going to school, become a stage yellow individual, who will have yellow kids, isnt that awesome?

There might be some plotholes in my story, but yeah... just a boring day at school :D

One of the greatest benefit of school, especially once you get a bit specialised is receiving a core framework of the study material otherwise you will easily get overwhelmed. Think about it like receiving a bare skeleton on the top of which you now have to add all meat and organs and tissues in your own time. This makes the additional investment worthy in my opinion. Knowing "what" to study, makes it easier than just going out there and buying random books on physics & astronomy because you want to be a NASA engineer. 

The dark side is being sucked into academia with all its bureaucracy, egotism and closemindedness, in a stage blue/orange and having your creative spirit shackled, beaten, raped and thrown into the corner. You can of course, decide to "play along" without getting indoctrinated but that is more difficult than you'd imagine. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

After awakening, one is able to use the inner being. Example: astral projecting in real time anywhere using the 5 senses together. Being able to do Tantra telepathically to influence or learn from any living thing at will, or not strictly necessarily living, there is the entities realm that is quite vast. Take in mind that all that has happened in reality is still there, every bit of info. Yes, Tantra is not only for sex. 

Today per example I started channeling the vibration of the entity of Milarepa, the famous Tibetan yogi. The info is not in words, is on the realm of dreams, emotions, insights. At the end of the day is very difficult to point in words when you project your own energy out-there. What comes out are insights and how to use the inner core to advance in a faster way. But there is a way to pinpoint to a source of written information like a book or a library and literally take out desired info or collect the info into the body. But doing this one has to reenter the feelings of loss, fear will arise, is unknown territory for the mind and panic like state. 

Eternal bliss is misunderstood. Is a state of balance btw pain and extasy. 

But is not that simple, first one has to deal with his/hers own nightmares and drama, pain, healing, ancestral memory (the so-called genetic boundaries, yes it can be conquered) etc. In my journey, took me around 2 years just to reach a level of balance in the self-control of the emotions, images, thoughts, memories, the why, the how etc. Eternal journey of discovery, there is no single 1 act or feeling or achievement which one can say: (i know everything, i have experienced everything, this is a delusion of the mind in higher stages). 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

if you live with your rents in america you can spend 1-2 years building income from an ecommerce business