Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baotrader

Wrong expectation about enlightenment

41 posts in this topic

@Nahm Can you please be more specific here? Do I need to learn advanced maths like Godel's incompleteness theorem and quatum physics to get to nonduality? Sounds to me we're just playing word game

@Baotrader

You should, and no, nobody needs to aquire knowledge to realize the nondual nature, because it’s the actual situation, regardless of knowledge. Knowledge can be used to strengthen the appearance “I am separate” if there is insufficient inward inquiry. The identifying with knowledge is the veiling, not the knowledge, because the identity & knowledge are illusionary / appearance.  You might only inflate the notion of separation via knowledge, thinking “my intelligence”, confusing being “intelligent” as “enlightened” - missing what it is which is being, and what it is which is intelligence. This can reinforce the ignorance that there is a separate being ( “ a person “) which is “becoming enlightened”. 

The vantage of understanding qm’s, etc, must be directed in inquiry into the self. 

Standard uninspected sensory input tells you the universe is real, & separate from you - that you are physical, individual and temporary. The study of ‘outside reality’ can reveal the knowledge that physicality in actually is vibration / energy / constant change & fluctuation - it just appears stationary & unchanging. Like an apple sitting on the counter appears physical, solid, and permanent, but watch it in the sun for 3 days, and it’s revealed to have never been stationary, always relative, always in a state of change.

The ego sees the implication of this a mile away, and says “fuck that”, “we’re all set here”, “Good day sir”. 

And there is no inquiry into the ego. 

But alas, suffering is relentless - inherently present in ignorance. (Ignoring the relative vibratory implication of a fleeting self)

How long can a drop of water in the middle of the ocean remain convinced is it a separate drop, through speculation and analysis of the ocean and  ‘other drops’?

What thought processes are defensively at play, which could allow a drop to remain convinced it is just a drop? The drop would need to look inward to the deeper currents which move it. Fear says “you did a lot of shit to be a solid stable drop, don’t fuck that up now”. But that ocean says otherwise, simply by saying “ok” to the drop. 

The drop “has conditions”, “has intelligence”, “loves”, “is loved”, “is free”.

The ocean is intelligence, is love, is freedom. 

What is it which separates the drop from the ocean, but the uninspected notion, it is a separate, solid, physical, drop.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm your posts are too long. Who do you think will read all of that. ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise

Uh, maybe the person who it is addressed to, the one who asked me to be more specific.

What’s with your distaste for me? Somebody tell you I slept with Katie or somethin? What’s goin on?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Namaste ? ????????????????

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Nahm it’s a joke dude. Don’t worry. I’m not angry with you.

@Nahm you better not. That’s the world we live in.

@Nahm In the world we live in, you will face plenty of situations where people will be angry with you. So you better not worry about it, or you’re looking at a whole world of suffering.

@Nahm I guess i will have to learn advanced math to understand Godel's theorems anyway. You're really very specific here but it still seems to me enlightened people are the ones who just play word game without getting into the technicality of science at all

For me, Enlightenment is seeing through the illusion of Thought and Experience (Maya) and becoming aware of the true Self.

15 hours ago, Baotrader said:

@Leo Gura do you mean we work without caring too much if we succeed or not? I'll consider it

Things we consider worthwhile doing, we do well, as best we can, for the sake and beauty of the skill and things well done, without keeping our eyes on the reward. Just do your thing exquisitely not worrying about the reward. 

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Baotrader Yes. It’s kind of up to you if it’s ‘painful or interesting’. Was that part of the cammode awakening? The groundlessness?

yeah. That's true i guess. Not to brag but i have had some glimses of awakening despite my stupid mind. It's up to me to feel a certain way in a practical sense even though in the absolute sense all my personalities and feelings are just consciousness taking on different forms