xbcc

Sadhguru says we have free will...

91 posts in this topic

According to Nondual paradigm there can not be Free will... How there be a Free Will when in this understanding you are an illusion yourself. Who has the Free Will? This is the Huge Deception. 

In Christian wordview you are an autonomous being, created by God. You have a free will and complete control over your life. You have a choice. God created us as an autonomous beings as love only exists when there is a choice! 

Now all those who struggle with free will dillema, tell me which is more powerful... you can continue being ignorant if that is your choice. You can continue being zombie without a free will. What you believe in, becomes true for you! 

7 hours ago, egoless said:

You have a free will and complete control over your life

Is will free? 

Is “the i” and this will one and the same movement of fear/psychological becoming? 

You have a choice

Is choice freedom? 

Freedom to choose may seem nice, but can we look deeper?

It’s much more subtle than we tend to see. 

God created us as an autonomous beings as love only exists when there is a choice! 

Or is it this will-choice(as the chooser), why love is not? 

If one goes deep enough down to the subtleties one may find that FEAR underlies this choosing-will

Edited by Faceless

Can we see that action in accordance to this will-choice(the chooser), which is ultimately FEAR resisting its own fact, is simply evasion of WHAT-IS? 

Edited by Faceless

@xbcc

What is free will? The freedom to act spontaneously. 

Who is the actor? It can't be found.

If so wherefore the acting arises? It arises by its own out of the Self, that unknowable who is pure potential energy. It comes forth as dynamic creative energy, which is the one and the same as the Self.

You = the Self

Therefore you have free will. 

Edited by Misagh

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

7 minutes ago, Misagh said:

You = the Self

Who sees this? 

The chooser? 

7 minutes ago, Misagh said:

It arises by its own out of the Self, that unknowable who is pure potential energy. It comes forth as dynamic creative energy, which is the one and the same as the Self.

The question is...Has “the chooser” conformed to this piece of knowledge? 

And is not this piece of knowledge and the chooser really one and the same movement of self/thought(time)? 

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Who sees this? 

The chooser? 

The question is...Has “the chooser” conformed to this piece of knowledge? 

And is not this piece of knowledge and the chooser really one and the same movement of self/thought(time)? 

There is no duality between the seer and the seen. I don't really understand the rest of your writing. 

Has this been seen..⬇️

14 minutes ago, Misagh said:

You = the Self

Therefore you have free will. 

While already free, or is this seeing the result of longing for freedom? 

16 minutes ago, Misagh said:

I don't really understand the rest of your writing. 

:)

Usually people who are readers of traditional text don’t understand me. Usually people who directly look at themselves understand what I say. But there are exceptions of course. 

Do you understand my intent in my original post to you? By the way not directed towards “you” but other me’s:)

Simply to show how freedom is essential to see WHAT IS, WHAT-IS never comes about without that very necessary freedom. 

Edited by Faceless

According to Nondual paradigm there can not be Free will... How there be a Free Will when in this understanding you are an illusion yourself. Who has the Free Will? This is the Huge Deception. 

In Christian wordview you are an autonomous being, created by God. You have a free will and complete control over your life. You have a choice. God created us as an autonomous beings as love only exists when there is a choice! 

Now all those who struggle with free will dillema, tell me which is more powerful... you can continue being ignorant if that is your choice. You can continue being zombie without a free will. What you believe in, becomes true for you! 

When we,  have a choice no man choose to act a criminal actions, if we have a choice no man choose to be depressed, if we have our free will man can choose what he or she percieve things but you can choose what our thoughts come and go... , haha as i said, with impulses and karma.. as of now we do not have any free will yet ? Through yoga or meditation we can control everything we want... ignorance cannot be seen if you are pure ego.. you are unconscious to what ego gave you like arrogance of knowing :D can you see that? Hahahahaha what you believe is your ego attach in to some ideas or concepts that you hold as truth to decieve yourself ???? 

17 minutes ago, Misagh said:

There is no duality between the seer and the seen. 

We tend to adopt this as an idea, and our action continues to speak otherwise. The self is very subtle and will play such tricks. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Hahahahaha what you believe is your ego attach in to some ideas or concepts that you hold as truth to decieve yourself ???? 

Can we watch our own divisive attack patterns in which we have rationalized-justified our own mechanical behavior? 

Do we see the subtletie of fear seeking security in playing the opposition game?

Are we aware of the fact of seeking psychological security when we criticize another? 

And isn’t that another form of illusion? 

Are we aware of the many subtle ways we derive pleasure in antagonism, which is another form of violence? 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless This is not an idea. This how IT is. I have adopted this language to communicate. Amongst the free there is no need for this communication. 

4 minutes ago, Misagh said:

@Faceless This is not an idea. This how IT is. I have adopted this language to communicate. Amongst the free there is no need for this communication. 

To point to the trickery of the mind is essential. Then there is no need to communicate that which is inevitably going to become an idea for another. You see the point here?

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

To point to the trickery of the mind is essential. Then there is no need to communicate that which is inevitably going to become an idea for another. You see the point here?

The trickery of the mind is of no concern. My mind is silent and in bliss for the most part. I call upon it if i need to do something practical. I have gone past the "I-am" state. Alas this is how we communicate in English. 

20 minutes ago, Misagh said:

The trickery of the mind is of no concern. My mind is silent and in bliss for the most part. I call upon it if i need to do something practical. I have gone past the "I-am" state. Alas this is how we communicate in English. 

To tell someone they are THE SELF and not share about the trickery of mind...you do not see the danger in that? 

And again, this is not directed at “you”, but “us”..(consciousness). 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Your point is valid. Perhaps he will learn of his own accord. 

Edited by Misagh

Just now, Misagh said:

@Faceless Your point is valid. Perhaps he will learn of his own accord. 

Perhaps not:)

The Responsibility is on “us” “we “ (consciousnesses) ??

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Perhaps not:)

The Responsibility is on “us” “we “ (consciousnesses) ??

Does Shiva feel responsibility when he dances the dance of death?

9 hours ago, egoless said:

All Free will is Egoic.  Awareness, which is the true self, has a freedom to be aware though, which is a certain kind of free will.  And keen-awareness can affect the illusion but in a non-linear way that is not easily correlated with models that we can construct.  Awareness has the free will to be aware.  But the Egoic-self lacks free will because Thought and Experience are a literal illusion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor