John Iverson

37th day doing yoga ,.. i feel dizzy and at the back of my head is painful

13 posts in this topic

I am using my ipad to watch videos suddenly my awareness shifted to my dizziness, i feel that my head is not good, i feel that my temporal lobe is little bit painful.. it is not very painful but I don't know something in my head is not okay :( i want to puke a little but i can handle it ,.. what is this? Is this normal?.. have you feel the feeling having a fever? Your nerve in your eyes that connects to your brain is hurting? I feel that right now with an intensity of 2% i can handle it but i am quite affected by that :( 

Edited by John Iverson

Stop your practice.

Yoga is one of those things that is very easy to do wrong, especially when you are learning by yourself.

If you still want to practice it, I recommend you take classes with a good teacher. Not easy to find though. 

But in any case, make sure to take a break. No yoga is better than wrong yoga. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

I'd say ground yourself.

Take a walk in nature.

Exercise.

Forget about the whole spirituality thing and go have a burger with friends.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

just a speculation, i dont know shit about yoga and i doubt the shit i say is close to the truth:

maybe you have too much blockages and so the energy you're trying to stream through your body isnt going through very well so it creates these side effects. in other words, your body is not strong enough for this practice.

Maybe read some books on emotional mastery and try to implement them. do some shadow work. do regular meditations. only then when you resist your emotions (energy) less, you can try and do yoga. a 10 day vipassana course would help a lot with that.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:34 AM, Gabriel Antonio said:

Stop your practice.

Yoga is one of those things that is very easy to do it wrong, especially when you are learning by yourself.

If you still want to practice it, I recommend you try to find a good teacher. Not easy to find though. 

I second this. Idk where you learned your yoga routine from but if you do yoga incorrectly it can do more harm than good. It’s a powerful practice, which means it can be powerfully good or bad for you. 

I recommend learning yoga from Isha school of yoga. There’s teachers all across the world.

1 hour ago, Slade said:

if you do yoga incorrectly it can do more harm than good.

That’s exactly what I said lol

You should take a break. It goes without saying that It can do more harm than good. Yoga is one of those things that's very easy to do wrong.

Tap into Chakras. Orange paired with Yellow into Red using only the diaphragm muscles and Breathe (baby breathing). Yoga is a tool to stretch the physically and build strength.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

10 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Tap into Chakras. Orange paired with Yellow into Red using only the diaphragm muscles and Breathe (baby breathing). Yoga is a tool to stretch the physically and build strength.  

What do you mean?

On 9/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, Gabriel Antonio said:

Stop your practice.

Yoga is one of those things that is very easy to do wrong, especially when you are learning by yourself.

If you still want to practice it, I recommend you take classes with a good teacher. Not easy to find though. 

Are you doing Yoga?

Edited by John Iverson

10 hours ago, John Iverson said:

Are you doing Yoga?

Not really. I realized I had been practicing yoga in a very rigid way. Currently, I'm more drawn to Tai Chi because it's more natural and soft. 

@John Iverson Are you doing Kriya? Write down your schedule.

I would say don't drop your practice. Just do something simple like Nadi Sodhana + Concentration until you feel better. Unlesss you are really sick, like when you have to see a doctor, then switch to some kind of insight meditation.

It probably has little to do with Yoga, more with the fact that you are still growing up and environmental factors.

Edited by Girzo