Andreas

How do you de-learn bad habits, fears and values?

8 posts in this topic

Do anyone have some tips? I only know of contemplation and i could use some new tips.

How'd you learn the habits to begin with? Through reinforcement and repetition. That's a good way to replace them with new ones, too. It's awkward and frustrating as shit at first, but with persistence, it happens. 

37 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

How'd you learn the habits to begin with? Through reinforcement and repetition. That's a good way to replace them with new ones, too. It's awkward and frustrating as shit at first, but with persistence, it happens. 

? Agreed, just unlearn, will bring suffering unfortunately

Few months ago I was caught in habit. When I saw that pleasure was the me looking for safety in thought and saw the whole pattern of this identification, that was it. All my habits or patterns ended that second. Had a weed addiction after using my whole life. That ended that second. Been clean for 2 months now along with all other habits. I just went into the how pleasure works. 

Edited by Jack River

Heya, @Andreas!

Leo shoot a video talking about this:

If you haven't seen it yet, its pretty good tho. Helped me a lot :)

2 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

unborn Truth

@Andreas Wtite down all the painful consequences of the habit. Really feel it. Make it agonizing.

Now write down all the pleasures of being free of the habit. All the great things. Really feel it. Make it blissful