WhatAmI

Can Enlightened People Be In Relationships?

Are relationships a distraction from englightenment?   79 members have voted

1. 1. Are relationships a distraction from englightenment?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

The relationship with the appearance of your ego/personality will change, yet remain.
The relationship with the appearance of other ego/personalities will change, yet remain.
This could go on a while, as everything in the experience is included. Our stories about outside are very noisy.

Although playing semantics here, you will still have a general relationship with everything, including other folk knocking about. All relationships change once seen through, they kinda have to as the perspective it's coming from is radically different. Adjustment happens, best to find out first hand rather than speculate. Here's a new question/belief to focus on, how is my relationship to the original question distracting me?

In the end its just like talking to yourself most of the time.  Just like i'm pretending to do here here.

On 3/28/2016 at 5:08 AM, WhatAmI said:

Is the fact that im finding it hard to detach from relationships signalling that I have a long way to go before being enlightened

The relationship is to be used skillfully (assuming it is a correct relationship to begin with for such purposes as self-refinement).

I cannot see how one can evolve but through relationships.

Realizing the inability to detach is indicative of having something to work with!! Woohoo!!

Work with just that.

On 4/9/2016 at 10:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

In fact you can be in a relationship and celibate.

Absolutely. The most powerfully transformative relationships I have had have not only celibate,  but  were virtually wordless and spanned thousands of days apiece.

No, they were not at all anonymous, they were extremely intense, and not at all private affairs.

Amazing, wondrous transformation by virtue of such relationships.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa