Lelouch

SD Stage Yellow Movie Recommendations

39 posts in this topic

The supervillain in "Unbreakable" is quite Yellow imo (the man with glass bones).

V for Vendetta maybe a yellow type movie. Specially the main character 'V' and its activities can be regarded as yellow thinking and systematic action. 

The movie "I Origins" is probably mostly green with flavorings of yellow. Recommended.

Of course 2001 a space Odyssey, perhaps the greatest film ever created. 

Tree of Life.

The show Altered Carbon really surprised me. In episodes 3-5 it beautifully weaved in themes of religion, the separation of body from mind (through interchangable "sleeves"), the human condition, and much more. It really makes you wonder what it means to be human. This struck me as yellow, excellent writing. 

The show Avatar the Last Airbender is mostly green with shades of yellow (and a couple of characters who I believe to be turquoise). Yes, it's a kid's show, and you better believe me when I say this. Don't be closed minded... I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you take the time to watch it. I wrote a separate post on it in the recommended books/media subforum. 

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

3 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Of course 2001 a space Odyssey, perhaps the greatest film ever created. 

Tree of Life.

Wicked, I came in here to post Tree of Life and I see you already did.

Totally agree about 2001 too. I'll have to check out the other movies you mention.

In that spirit, Solaris, both the original russian and newer American remake, are a bit yellow because they pull the carpet out from under the materialist perspective.

Cant agree much  that Primer mentioned earlier is yellow, but a it's a really cool movie that should be seen.

Princess Mononoke is yellow..it seems very green at first but has a catharsis that is very yellow, integrating green and orange. In this way it represents the dawn of yellow in phase green, to me at least.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I don't know what stage the movie "Being John Malkovitch" is, but it's one of my favorites:

Another one of my faves is "I heart Huckabees":

:D

On 10/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, here-now said:

I don't know what stage the movie "Being John Malkovitch" is, but it's one of my favorites:

Another one of my faves is "I heart Huckabees":

:D

I think these are both very yellow. Being John Malkovich is so beautifully odd it's hard to really classify it as anything but true art. I Heart Huckabees is very stage yellow, and a bit stage green

Cloud Atlas perhaps? 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

WestWorld definitely had more complicated themes than Green's motto of "let's have respect and empathy for everyone". I'm thinking, in particular. of its explorations of loopiness and how loopiness when combined with encounters with the self can lead to the emergence of higher levels of understanding and order. The scene (included below) where Maeve upgrades herself pretty well captures the general idea.

This show was hugely influential in my own spiritual journey as I was watching it during a vacation abroad where I was experimenting with mindfulness very intensely, having what were for me out of the "ordinary" experiences of the present moment (no surprise given how ridiculously in my own head I had been up to that point), and culminating with a committment to mindfulness as a way of life. So it felt like a profound synchronicity between the show and what I was experiencing, and for that reason WestWorld will always hold a place in my ❤️

Edited by Boethius

On 10/13/2018 at 11:02 PM, outlandish said:

Wicked, I came in here to post Tree of Life and I see you already did.

Totally agree about 2001 too. I'll have to check out the other movies you mention.

In that spirit, Solaris, both the original russian and newer American remake, are a bit yellow because they pull the carpet out from under the materialist perspective.

Cant agree much  that Primer mentioned earlier is yellow, but a it's a really cool movie that should be seen.

Princess Mononoke is yellow..it seems very green at first but has a catharsis that is very yellow, integrating green and orange. In this way it represents the dawn of yellow in phase green, to me at least.

I watched Tree of Life this past weekend, and I must say I basically didn't "get it."

There was some beautiful imagery clearly indicating the contrast between "God" and what people were praying to as God, but the whole loss / mourning / floofy beach scene at the end made very little sense.  Am I missing something?

On 3/24/2021 at 4:19 PM, Visionary said:

Star trek discovery

Idk if you can really call this yellow, but it is a great show that has a lot of good spiral dynamics examples in it such as the strong vein of red that exists in the Klingons. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 3/29/2021 at 9:06 AM, Flyboy said:

I watched Tree of Life this past weekend, and I must say I basically didn't "get it."

There was some beautiful imagery clearly indicating the contrast between "God" and what people were praying to as God, but the whole loss / mourning / floofy beach scene at the end made very little sense.  Am I missing something?

It's been so long since I saw it, it's fuzzy right now. But I do remember that beach scene being unsatisfying as well, and I sort of wrote it off as an unimportant part of the film for my experience of it. Maybe because I just didn't get it either, or maybe because there wasn't really anything there, that it's just an imperfect creation that needed an ending because of Hollywood.

What makes it a Yellow film to me is that it's purpose wasn't to show the triumph of good over evil, or to display an isolated story arc, but simply a view of the world in its multitudinous beauty. Superimposed on that view was a story, which is necessary because we're story-seeking humans and it still has to fit into the box office format to sell tickets. But that was secondary to the real purpose of the film which was to illuminate the sense of the enormous cornucopia of reality, love, god. 

I loved that scene when the predator showed compassion for a newborn dinosaur of another species

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 29.3.2021 at 6:06 PM, Flyboy said:

I must say I basically didn't "get it."

The Tree Of Life is one of my favorite movies because it doesn't really make sense and yet it feels true :D

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

The OA (series on netflix)

Devs (series on HBO)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.