kieranperez

How to transcend Orange and go into Green

6 posts in this topic

Watch videos on factory farming and then go to your fridge (unless your vegan or vegetarian). 

Watch what real selfishness looks like and how likely it is that you fund it (not going on some idealogical rampage against people who eat meat). 

Each stage transition involves a "crisis". For me, my Orange crisis came after 20 years of seeking personal achievement and attachment/identification to rational/logical thinking. It just wasn't working for me anymore. The personal achievements no longer gave me a high. They didn't give me meaning and purpose like they once did. And being contracted in rational/logical thinking became miserable. I was analyzing everything. I was constantly trying to be right and win debates. For example, exposing the irrationality of religious zealots. For a while, it gave me a sense of knowing - a sense of being superior. And then it stopped working. I realized I created my own little world of being right. If I am right, what does that make you? I created a world of people being wrong all around me. I would debate and expose their irrationality and the rest of the day I was still debating within my own head. So alone. It felt awful. I longed for human connection and something beyond my limited self. . . Green was the medicine I needed. :x

21 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Each stage transition involves a "crisis". For me, my Orange crisis came after 20 years of seeking personal achievement and attachment/identification to rational/logical thinking. It just wasn't working for me anymore. The personal achievements no longer gave me a high. They didn't give me meaning and purpose like they once did. And being contracted in rational/logical thinking became miserable. I was analyzing everything. I was constantly trying to be right and win debates. For example, exposing the irrationality of religious zealots. For a while, it gave me a sense of knowing - a sense of being superior. And then it stopped working. I realized I created my own little world of being right. If I am right, what does that make you? I created a world of people being wrong all around me. I would debate and expose their irrationality and the rest of the day I was still debating within my own head. So alone. It felt awful. I longed for human connection and something beyond my limited self. . . Green was the medicine I needed. :x

Ya this same realization hit me a few years ago as well, after about 15 years of seeking I think I knew so much and was vry right and wrongy about things within the views of liberation I learned.  Very liberating to let it go and expand.

Edited by Mu_

With awareness! We must realize by ourselves that Orange has its implicit limitations. Even though it helps us become leaders, successful, financially independent and much more, it also keeps us running towards consumerism and materialism. These things will not fulfill us in the long run. Watching Leo's videos and reading about Spiral Dynamics helps a lot since we know where we are, where we need to go and our current limitations. 

We must not forget that, although Orange must be transcended, it also must be integrated and accepted.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Now that I don’t feel like throwing up anymore and wanting to set fire to my local Safeway and other grocery outlets after watching these factory farming videos...

I think (self) honesty and awareness can be the big accelerators in moving up the spiral dynamics stages. What I’ve noticed lately is the increasing of my own awareness gets me more in touch with my current motives. As a result, this keeps the conditioned self at bay and also allows me to be more in touch with the motives and values I’m authentically towards. 

I think the biggest trap in staying stuck in a stage is to anchor yourself and lose touch with the awareness that got you to that newer level of development in the first place. I literally picture awareness and honesty to be like the lever that open the floodgates to new possibilities of evolution of concsuouness, ego is transformation (and of course transcendence), maturity, and higher motives & values.