Xin

Young and aspiring entrepeneur

8 posts in this topic

heya guys , ive done a lot of thinking and introspection and ive come to conclude my life purpose is to /design/create products that will help revolutionize the world. So basically an entrepreneur. But i have a few questions to those who have probably struggled through their own business or others who have succeeded 

What are the most important skills to master to become a successful entrepreneur?

Should i go to college and uni?

What are the common mistakes of aspiring entrepreneurs?

What advice would you give to yourself 5 years ago?

And please feel free to comment on anything else you think would help me and other aspiring entrepreneurs on this forum.

Hey, not an entrepreneur myself, but I do have a few thoughts on one of your questions :)

9 minutes ago, Xin said:

I think that you can totally be a great entrepreneur without college. Many have done it. However, I also believe there are a lot of things you could benefit from if you were to go to college. For example, if you do not already have some sort of knowledge about running/starting a business, they would teach you all of that. But if you are dedicated enough, I'm sure you could learn this in books and online. 

Another thing college is good for is connections. But again, if you are dedicated enough, I'm sure there are ways to gain those connections. It just may not be as easy. 

One more thing I would say to keep in consideration is your current financial state. If you are in a position to afford it, then you could definitely consider it. But if going to school would do nothing more but add a huge debt that you can't get out from under, I wouldn't risk it. 

Hope that helps :)

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Edited by zoey101

@zoey101 thanks those were some good insights and im from the UK , so college is free :D

1 minute ago, Xin said:

@zoey101 thanks those were some good insights and im from the UK , so college is free :D

BOOOOOO!!!! lol jk

Luck guy. With that in mind, I would say why not lol it might help :)

Some useful skills to learn regardless of whatever path you choose to pursue are: internet marketing, copywriting, psychology of sales, google ads, Facebook ads, Instagram and other various online platforms. In terms of actually becoming a successful entrepreneur (as I myself am trying to do as well right now) I'd focus largely on what type of person you need to be to achieve whatever your desired outcome. By this I mean do you need to be more disciplined with your time? More organized and logical? Do you need to improve your big picture thinking and pattern recognition? Are you highly creative but lack the organizational behaviors to actually manifest your desires? Some examples of important things to consider. 

8 hours ago, Xin said:

heya guys , ive done a lot of thinking and introspection and ive come to conclude my life purpose is to /design/create products that will help revolutionize the world. 

Which type of products? What do you mean by "revolutionize the world?" You can revolutionize education, architecture, energy, physics, the food industry, etc. I would be more clear about which industry you are interested in and which is the impact you want to have in the world. Try to hone it more and more. Be more specific.

8 hours ago, Xin said:

What are the most important skills to master to become a successful entrepreneur?

Being an entrepreneur is hard work. You need to learn management, marketing, design, finance, human resources, systems thinking, storytelling, etc. Read some biographies and see how other successful people made it. Read some entrepreneur related books - there are tons of them. Use Google :D

8 hours ago, Xin said:

It is a very personal decision. Each one of us experiences different conditions. Don't expect an answer like this on an internet forum. The good thing about college is that it gives you time to think and figure out what you want to do with your life. The bad thing is that it is expensive and you are probably better off spending the money elsewhere. Do your research and figure it out for yourself my friend. Best of luck in the journey!

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

On 9/19/2018 at 7:42 PM, Xin said:

1) What are the most important skills to master to become a successful entrepreneur?

2) Should i go to college and uni?

3) What are the common mistakes of aspiring entrepreneurs?

4) What advice would you give to yourself 5 years ago?

1) My former boss was a billionaire entrepreneur. He had a lot of crazy ideas, but I guess "Thinking Outside The Box" is what made him successful.

2) What can the university offer you that YouTube can't?

3) Making unconscious decisions.

4) MEDITATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your life purpose sounds weak. I mean not precise enough.

1) Number one skill is always marketing. If entreprenurship was chess, marketing would be the queen figure. Success of every idea depends on your ability to sell it.

2) Depends on what you want to create. If it's free and you can find a good course that will teach you how to deal with big sums of money then go for it. Starting an engineering business also reqires a degree. The key thing is to make connections during that period and find crazy people who can help you achieve your goals.

3) I have just started studying, so it would be to develop more self-discipline and work ethics, because it is hard to learn them later.