Ingit

⭐️ what is the difference between Perception and Awareness?

36 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

I don't know how to do it. I will be stuck inside of this bag of meat thinking I am an ego.

:(

? skin encapsulated Ego 

Asking “how do I”, is inviting time/thought as a means. 

To do so implies “I” will over a period of time (progression of narrow/partial insights), or by means of the application of thought, will gradually combine my many insights to come to the whole. 

Just the movement that nourishes the very structure of “i”/thought. 

Edited by Faceless

@cetus56  gave a very good simple explanation. Others gave more complicated ones to varying degrees. @Flow With Life  gave the Buddhist tradition explanation which is very interesting even if it's old so sounds a bit archaic.

It seems all the explanations have added to the confusion of it so I hesitate to still add even more but I will try maybe a different tact. Obviously it's difficult to describe the abstract although I think it can be understood in a simple way like cetus attempted.

Think of awareness as gold in it's natural form, unrefined and as if we have found it as nuggets coming out of the ground in the natural state of it. Perception is a piece of jewelry made from that gold, the primary contributor of material to the jewelry is the gold but to be a piece of jewelry there is a process of refinement and crafting that includes other elements of jewels and skill to craft which brings it to be the piece of jewelry, to be perception.

It's made primarily of the raw material of gold/awareness but it is not the raw state of material, it's been crafted to be perception through experience. It's not a perfect metaphor and I won't try to extrapolate it into a more complicated comparison but I think it's enough that it communicated the relationship between these two abstract ideas.

They may not be the exact same thing conceptually but perception is 'made' from awareness. Maybe this helps clarify it some, if not, my apologies to @Ingit if I added to the confusion.

Edited by SOUL

20 minutes ago, Faceless said:

? skin encapsulated Ego 

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Ingit You can become aware of your perception :-) 
Btw people say things like becoming aware of awareness or seeing the seer, thats a whole other thing, thats just a task that manipulates your attention.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

18 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Asking “how do I”, is inviting time/thought as a means. 

To do so implies “I” will over a period of time (progression of narrow/partial insights), or by means of the application of thought, will gradually combine my many insights to come to the whole. 

Just the movement that nourishes the very structure of “i”/thought. 

Interesting....

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@SOUL No Thank You...  helped ?

Edited by Ingit

?IngitScooby ?

Just now, Ingit said:

@SOUL No Thank You... 

Wait... is that a 'no thank you' or 'no, thank you'.... the comma changes the whole meaning.... haha

@SOUL You made it clear... ?? Can relate what you mean to say

?IngitScooby ?

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Interesting....

Asking “how to”, is simply implying, what kind of information do I need in order to end psychological time(the illusion of i)... But this need to accumulate information to solve “my” problem is the very reason for the problem. 

The structure of the i and this process of accumulation are one and the same movement of time. 

To accumulate information and appy it (thought), implies that “i” am dependent on thought to solve the problem. But this problem arises by identification with thought(the past), which projects its content into the future), to come up with an answer.

Identifection implies a resistance to uncertainty/impermanence. Identification is basically clinging to familiarity. Clinging to the known, which the known and the knower are one and the same movement of time/thought. 

As long as we cling to this information-content(thought-time), that which is timeless, is then put out of reach in a “future moment”. 

The thing is we depend on thought to free the self from its burden-suffering. But this dependence has created that very burden-suffering. 

To be psychologically free, thought (accumulation of information-content/time), has absolutely no place. 

Freedom is only when this movement of fear-self/time ceases to feed its own movement by depending on itself to end itself. 

Edited by Faceless

35 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Just sit on this, explore for yourself:)

Will do!

;)

6 hours ago, Faceless said:

Asking “how to”, is simply implying, what kind of information do I need in order to end psychological time(the illusion of i)... But this need to accumulate information to solve “my” problem is the very reason for the problem. 

The structure of the i and this process of accumulation are one and the same movement of time. 

To accumulate information and appy it (thought), implies that “i” am dependent on thought to solve the problem. But this problem arises by identification with thought(the past), which projects its content into the future), to come up with an answer.

Identifection implies a resistance to uncertainty/impermanence. Identification is basically clinging to familiarity. Clinging to the known, which the known and the knower are one and the same movement of time/thought. 

As long as we cling to this information-content(thought-time), that which is timeless, is then put out of reach in a “future moment”. 

The thing is we depend on thought to free the self from its burden-suffering. But this dependence has created that very burden-suffering. 

To be psychologically free, thought (accumulation of information-content/time), has absolutely no place. 

Freedom is only when this movement of fear-self/time ceases to feed its own movement by depending on itself to end itself. 

Beautiful dude:)

The answer is simple..

perception different from awareness?.. not really different

how do you know you are perceiving sound, tastes, feelings, touch, hear and see?? Through awareness right? You are aware of a perception ? So that's it.. easy