Ingit

⭐️ what is the difference between Perception and Awareness?

36 posts in this topic

I read somewhere that perception and awareness are different things ! What is it, anyone know the difference !

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Perception needs a perceiver.

Awareness extends beyond perceivables and conceivables.

in other words perception needs an object to be perceived. Awareness doesn't. It can be perfectly empty.

13 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Ingit Perception needs a perceiver.

Awareness extends beyond perceivables and conceivables.

in other words perception needs an object to be perceived. Awareness doesn't. It can be perfectly empty.

I am a Perciever right? I am an object(body) but the true self of mine is an object which is awareness..no object

?IngitScooby ?

5 minutes ago, Ingit said:

I am a Perciever right? I am an object(body) but the true self of mine is an object which is awareness..no object

That's how I perceive it to be.:)

I should add that "true self" and "mine" are all objects of perception. But yes awareness is "no object".

@Ingit The difference is the impression the ‘perceiver’ is other than what is perceived, that you are a little thing in a great big thing, in awareness of the illusory nature of this, is realization, you are the “great big thing”, there are no little things, or things at all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Outer Have you never experianced perfectly empty awareness where even the perceiver was gone?

@OuterThis is one of the subjects where if you ask 50 ppl you'll get 50 different views. We could throw the word "conscious" or consciousness into the mix too just to make it really complicated. Perception vs awareness vs consciousness. I'll read the link you posted.

1 minute ago, Outer said:

I don't know anything about a parabrahman.

@Outer How'd you know I was thinking about the parabrahaman even though I didn't mention it?:)

In Buddhism, the totality of experience is divided into five aggregates:

- a sense of Form

- Feeling (pleasure and pain, which can be physical or mental)

recognition or Perception (labelling, distinguishing, abstracting -- "This is a tree", "This is a cat", "This is me", "This is God")

- Fabrication (thoughts, volition, story-making)

- Consciousness (awareness of the above four activities)

All of these are impermanent. They are not nouns, but verbs. They are not objective realities, they are all fabrications of the mind. None of them are your self, although the mind can cling to any combination of these as a self, and it can change it's mind on its sense-of-self faster than the blink of an eye. None of them are singular things, they are aggregates because they are disorganized heaps of things. 

Edited by Flow With Life

AS I am reading all those above replies, I'm getting confused though

?IngitScooby ?

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Outer Have you never experianced perfectly empty awareness where even the perceiver was gone?

@cetus56 when the perceiver is gone then, is it the ABSOLUTE experiencing itself, knowing that it is experiencing itself?
( I guess knowing+experiencing+itself also break down at that point - there are no VERBS, only Noun. a single Noun, i.e. what remains is just the self-aware-ABSOLUTE) ?? 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

35 minutes ago, Ingit said:

AS I am reading all those above replies, I'm getting confused though

:)

We’ may want to start nearer to home..

Understand our motives in which are influenced by fear, uncertainty, insecurity; this mechanical need to accumulate knowledge about awareness/perception. 

Once we have gone into and understood structure of self deep enough, and have whole insight into its nature, then there can be attention to that unitary movement of thought. 

From there your questions you have opened up in this thread will be seen as a result. 

If we don’t understand the image maker (the i), such questions of “is awareness different than perception”, will be inventions of thought(images). 

From the standpoint of one who hasn’t understood the image maker, there is no difference between awareness and perception. Both will be mere images simply because when there is no attention to this image making, “the i” implicitly will invent the image of awareness or perception. 

Can we observe without the image might be a question to go into...

If we could observe without the image-time, what would that imply? 

Edited by Faceless

This doesn’t have to be a long drug out process of accumulating ideas, theory’s, and concepts. This doesn’t take time-cultivation to understand either. 

This can come in a flash of instantaneous holistic insight. 

For me no such questions were asked to understand this. It wasn’t the result of accumulating knowledge, and wasn’t something “I” sought after. 

It was apparent when the seeker was ACTUALLY SEEN THROUGH, and in that seeing was the ending. 

“I” am not special, anyone can do this. Just takes a willingness to stand and go it alone. 

Edited by Faceless

The more we depend on answers, and are not willing to maintain a relationship with the problem, we will remain in a state of paralysis. 

Can life (being dynamic), be met being bound by this state of paralysis, which is (static)? 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless ??? I can understand what you mean to say but I think it will take some time for me to go with it.

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit

Will “the i” go with it? 

Or is it implicit within the structure of “the i”, that there will be resistance, and therefore delay, prolong, and procrastinate this to be captured in time by means of thought? As in psychological becoming(time). 

This is what I mean by it takes NO TIME-cultivation. 

If it does, thought-time/psychological becoming has created a block. 

As long as we move within the limited field of time/thought, there will continue to be this Paralysis.

Edited by Faceless

This is why it’s said liberation can take a minute or a lifetime, or maybe even perhaps never. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless hey You know what as I was reading you reply what happened was I just re-read my last teply to you

17 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@Faceless ??? I can understand what you mean to say but I think it will take some time for me to go with it.

And what happened was I was still into a I dont know what and was still and focusing on what I wrote “I think it will....” and I was Like really who is this I in I think speaking really... I dont know what happened but for a moment than I read a two and then continued with your post....! ? lol yes can see what you pointing at... I really seems the hinderance

?IngitScooby ?

I don't know how to do it. I will be stuck inside of this bag of meat thinking I am an ego.

:(

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16