Emne

How to be more creative?

16 posts in this topic

What techniques can I use to train myself to become more creative?

Deliberate practice and deep work. Use that to get good at skills and you most likely be more creative.

Make unusual connections. Thats huge. Try to see connections that others dont see / look at. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I divide it into two groups:

"something new" and "synthesizing" (improvement, automation, optimization, etc, combining existing things and ideas, next level).

An approach is very different for each group. And it seems to me, that you can be good only at one of them. Right-left brain.

Isnt creativity suppose to be you making a technique and you creating something new how can someone tell you that?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

one thing I do sometimes, though I'm honestly not sure if it works very well. Is that I'm trying to be creative and I REALLY want to be creative, so instead I try and accept now, without the creativity, and then sometimes I naturally start thinking creatively. in the end your the reason your not being creative.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:43 AM, Emne said:

If you have netfix, the first episode of Abstract - was really good. An artist described his creative process.  

I am mainly talking about visual arts, as I don't know much about other fields. There are couple of stages to becoming a master at a craft : learning the fundamentals, practising the techniques , Copying masters and various styles, and becoming a Master. And repeat. Creativity starts showing up sometime in the middle of copying. There is a point when you observe a lot and practice delegintly, your ability to transfer what is in your head to paper becomes easier and easier. Creativity comes when you go very deep and get lost in the creation. When you get envolved and lose the track of time and space. When you become selfless. But in order to go there, you need to master the techniques to a certain level. Until then, patiently practise and copy the best :)

Edited by Samra

On 9/19/2018 at 7:05 AM, Caterpillar said:

Pick two or more things and combine them. For example if you pick Leo and a mushroom you can create a lot things with that.

• Leo eating a mushroom.
  • Leo sitting on a huge mushroom.
  • Leo juggling three mushrooms.
  • Etc.

Ever since Stormy's book was released, mushrooms just don't look the same. . . 

Is this asking of “how to be creative” the very reason Creativity is not ? 

Edited by Faceless

On 19/09/2018 at 2:43 AM, Emne said:

Take any object. Let's use a piece of paper. What do you want to do with it? Do something with it. Turn it into something.

FB_IMG_1526968266238.jpg

Ask yourself, "how can this be marketable?"

@Serotoninluv Reminds me of this fantastic talk on how to be creative by Sir John Cleese. I'm pretty sure at one point he advises to combine random ideas to come up with comedic, original concepts.