Frog

Wage Slavery

33 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

And wouldn't running a business just reassign the people responsible for your wages as the general public? Except with this your wage is never guaranteed.

He also has to market and sell his life purpose course and his book list too.  YouTube markets his videos for him, which is nice.  That’s a sales and marketing job basically.  Selling and marketing personal development products and services on the Internet.  At least he’s selling and marketing his own stuff which is better than selling and marketing someone else’s products or services.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor He has do to alot of "off-enlightenment" work which makes him waste time, like learning about his user base so he can better tailor his videos, shave his head before every-video-shoot, which is completely useless in the pursuit of this work, but is needed for his survival.

I just sit in my mansion and contemplate everyday and experiment with thousands of ideas without having to deal with any back-end work, since i retired at such an early age. This is why i'm in a high-stage of development towards my final destination towards enlightenment.

16 minutes ago, Frog said:

@Joseph Maynor He has do to alot of "off-enlightenment" work which makes him waste time, like learning about his user base so he can better tailor his videos, shave his head before every-video-shoot, which is completely useless in the pursuit of this work, but is needed for his survival.

I just sit in my mansion and contemplate everyday and experiment with thousands of ideas without having to deal with any back-end work, since i retired at such an early age. This is why i'm in a high-stage of development towards my final destination towards enlightenment.

That’s my point.  It’s not that I’m trying to be cynical, but working for money does add a layer of inauthenticity to anyone’s life.  Maybe ‘whore’ is too strong of a word, you could debate that.  I know there’s degrees to it.   But also, if you get in good with a company, you can get taken care of quite well.  When you start your own business, you’re gonna find out really fast what uncompensated time really means.  At least an employee knows that they’re getting paid for every minute of time they’re working.  There are days where I work my ass off and make next to nothing.  And then you have all the administrative sh*t you have to do yourself when you have a business.  When you work at a company, the company takes care of the administrative stuff for you.  All you do is your little 9-6 and you’re taken care of.  Plus you get weekends totally off.  And you get paid for holidays and stuff like that.  So, the issue is a lot more nuanced than has been addressed.   A lot of businesses fail too.  Sometimes I’ve gone through really challenging periods or what I call ‘dry periods’ where I’m doing a bunch of marketing and not getting many bites.  And that takes a lot of time too — marketing for new business.  When you work at a company you don’t have to market the business. That’s somebody else’s job.  So, there are pros and cons to all this stuff.  The only relevant question though is, ‘what’s best for me now and in the future?’

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Frog said:

Then you get bored and created this topic?) Isn't it a distraction from your destination?

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor

Watch out with this overly simplistic, fatalistic thinking.

Nobody has ever accused me of having overly-simplistic thinking.  Could it be that you just disagree with me?  Why does there have to be some kind of ‘defect’ in my thinking?  Maybe the only defect in my thinking is that you don’t agree with it.  We should be less quick to find a reason why someone is wrong when we disagree with them.  That becomes just as dismissive in another way.  A better question would have been — Joseph, can you please tell me more about why you think that way?  And then I would have been able to elaborate accordingly.  But there’s no desire to even inquire further when you dismiss someone’s thinking as wrong.  I don’t just say things for no reason.  Everything I say has a deep rationale behind it, at least on my end.  And I’m also careful to mean exactly what I say when I do say something.  I’m not the kind of person who just pops off at the mouth and says something without thinking deeply about it first.  Everything I say comes from years and years of deep contemplation.  Dig a little deeper with me when you wanna get dismissive, I think you’ll be surprised at how deeply I do think through what I say.  And even if you wind up disagreeing with me, you’ll appreciate how my mind works and why I see things the way I do.  You’ll see, ‘that dude has his reasons for why he said that just that particular way.’  Anyway I’m not gonna say anything more about this to avoid a pointless argument.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nobody has ever accused me of having overly-simplistic thinking.

About time you got some truth dumped on ya.

5 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

And wouldn't running a business just reassign the people responsible for your wages as the general public? Except with this your wage is never guaranteed.

Your wage is never guaranteed as a wage slave, either.

OMG! 

Topic can be: Most of the people do not buy luxury car but I own one. (Green Frog show-off) 

And the plot can be:

Joseph: There is not even a question but lets discuss it and show them the truth (Joseph show-off), fck.

Leo: Lets expand perspective (Leo).

Joseph: I'm right and I do not accept other perspectives, I have my truth and there is only one, mine!  

However, after reading your further posts Joseph I realized you agree with Leo, ha.

I know I'm the same here :D.

What is the original question? There is no question.

@archi Once a slave always a slave. Leo is a slave to himself and his work because he has to survive.

1 hour ago, Frog said:

@archi Once a slave always a slave. Leo is a slave to himself and his work because he has to survive.

Not only for survival.. if Leo don't have money, how can he but Psychedelics? How can he continue his journey about enlightenment in the first place? Going places to places, ? Like Retreats.?? Plain ticket .. books .. enlightenment is going to beyond survival ?? you kill yourself .. His consciousness is deep now.. that you will not understand him.. 

his work is not work? It is a life purpose.. you cannot just do nothing ? After enlightenment all you do is to sit down? And do nothing?? Duality is still exist after you work hard in non dual ?.. You still living in duality.. where you live in the society, a country.. or earth.. all you do is to sit down? Even buddha after enlightenment he teach what he learn.. so he do his life purpose.. Jesus Christ do his life purpose, to save , he give his unconditional love ... Sadhguru after enlightenment.. he is traveling a lot just to teach yoga... mooji has satsang ? 

You don't get the sense of wage slavery... you are working for someone and somebody ...you cannot do your full potential in life .. it is like for example i'm your boss.. okay do this for me...that makes you a slave.. since he have more power than you you cannot say no.. you don't have financial freedom that saying no to someone is hard.. even to the culture.. Leo has a financial freedom.. even when time comes that he wants to go to the cave and meditate there for years he can because he is free ?? he can have a money for years of Leo in the cave..  even he is not here the money is still going to his bank account or paypal account ???.. see the difference?? 

LOL to this thread! Can I participate even though I am a wage slave? Pleaseeee.

Money basically is a representation of value. If you give value to the world, you are going to get paid. Does that make you a wage slave? Not necessarily. Being a "wage slave" is when you work for something or someone that you don't believe is generating an impact. Is that bad or wrong? It is not - it is the way it has been for centuries. Better than being an actual slave for sure.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

Wage slave or not wage slave it does not matter ... it is just matter of perception in dualistic world

Edited by archi