zunnyman

your experience with inner enginnering and how it compares to other techniques

8 posts in this topic

I did some research on the forum and I don’t see that many people posting their experiences with isha yoga and inner engineering specifically. I’m taking inner engineering on Nov 15th, and looked through Sadhguru’s various offerings and it seems like 5-10 years on his path can seem very promising. I’ve sort of constructed a vision of dedicating myself to it, travelling to India and Tennesse, Himalayas, etc. 

Tons of testimonials on youtube authentically share the profound change on their lives with Inner engineering. What do you guys think of it? How would it compare to some of the other yoga or meditative techniques you have learned from Leo or someone else? 

Also @Leo Gura I did remember you calling it weak sauce lol, but is that in comparison to the kriya yoga you put on your book list or weak sauce in comparison to many of the techniques, say, that you put on the start guide on your website. I am inclined towards a more gradual, not so potent, pleasant way up a staircase (as sadhguru put it) to a non dual experience, and this seems like a good fit for me. 

Any insights on Isha yoga would be appreciated :) 

I visited the Isha center in Tennessee about two weeks ago and I spoke with some people there that have been doing inner Engineering and they said it has completely transformed their life. One fellow said his back pain is gone now because of it and he feels significantly younger. Everyone at the ashram seems so happy with whatever technique they’re using. I learned Yogasanas which was an amazing experience and has me stoked to take more programs like inner engineering and Bhava spandana.

As far as Leo calling it “weak sauce” I wouldn’t listen to it. People are clearly getting results with it and Sadhguru is enlightened, not Leo. Lol 

I'm actually traveling to Isha centre in coimbatore right now to get initiated into Shoonya  and then stay there for two more weeks just focus on my sadhana and explore many things and temples :D Right now sitting in the airport :D:D Never been so fired up:D

The most beautiful thing about Isha Inner Engineering and shambhavi is how ALIVE that process is. I have so much gratittude for that practice. Life becomes so much more intense and adventurous, spirituality and spiritual progress just goes on on fire so fast:D Life On Full Throttle #?

And what is special about the shambhavi itself is that it's a living organism you can say. She has an intelligence of her own. It's like a softwere designed to fuction according to what you need most ? That's the main difference between Isha meditation and everything else. That in Isha you receive a seed or a softwere from sadhguru that you just have to nurture and maintain an atmosphere and then fantastic things will blossom, as in other forms of meditation you're on your own, you have to struggle and grind hardcore :D It's completly different game altogether

Edited by Salvijus

@zunnyman I said the online course is weak sauce.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Oh woops my bad for the misunderstanding, well thats a relief tho haha because I found the online pretty weak sauce too

@Slade Wow that is inspiring, is the one in Tennesse worth going to compred to a local one near me would you say? 

@Salvijus I’ve read most of your posts on the forum about Isha yoga. you seem to be talking about it the most. i learned a lot from you. Would you say this can replace my meditation habit. Right now I want to quit meditation because it is getting so deep that its scary to my ego. I would want a more adventurous, fun, process like Isha yoga. 

@zunnyman

28 minutes ago, zunnyman said:

Would you say this can replace my meditation habit. Right now I want to quit meditation because it is getting so deep that its scary to my ego. I would want a more adventurous, fun, process like Isha yoga. 

Ahahaahaaha :D

Yes but it's not necessary that Isha would replace what you're doing right now :D I continued my self-enquiry for a long time after I was introduced to Isha :) However, it sucked me in quite strongly. The impact of Isha programs was such I dropped everything now. Funny because my intention was always do self-enquiry as a main thing and a little bit of simple yoga just for balance and wellbeing.

Isha has a funny way to make you thirsty for spirituality for sure. Many people go there just for a healthy lifestyle and become hardcore spiritual seekers :D

*If people come to me looking for water, I put salt in their mouth so that they cannot go without finding it #sadhguru :D:D:D

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus Oh man Im getting super excited for this. I used to be thirsty for spirituality, but recently I’ve been turned off. I want to reconnect with that love, adventure and bliss. Your words are truly inspirational. I hope we can share our experiences with each other and the forum on Isha yoga :) 

Good luck to you! ??? :D

Edited by Salvijus