MM1988

Leo Guras SICK Logic on Happiness (Youtube)

72 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

True freedom is not dependent on conditions. It is absolute and ever present. True freedom is present during sex, watching movies, while getting raped, while sky diving, while mowing the lawn, while eating lunch, while being tortured in a prison. . . This is a deeper realization of true freedom outside their comfort zone. It's the truth. Lots of teachers stay within students' comfort zone. Sometimes people need to get pushed outside their comfort zone to grow. It can be uncomfortable. Teachers have challenged some of my dearly-held beliefs and sent me into discomfort and distress. As well, I've challenged people's beliefs into their discomfort zone. I've learned that people have a "stretch zone" that is conducive for learning. Beyond that there is a "panic zone" which becomes counter-productive. 

This is cult stuff right here. You are spinning the story the way you want it. Look I get what your saying but it is trying to ignore and form reality to your mind. That has nothing to do with broadening ones consciousness to deal with the harshness of life. But of course you don't see the difference. You believe in the things you say. You have not experienced your child being raped and you being still happy. It is just a concept in your mind that you can still be happy, if you believe it hard enough.

There are enough cults around on this world, there will always be, so one more doesn't matter. The more people use psychedelics the more cults will arise.

@Barry J they are beyond salvation man. Spare your time and energy. Look I don't know what you're searching for, but it is not easy to trust 'wise' people. Even so called Buddhist teachers abuse their students. Trust your senses and never doubt your feelings is all I can say. Else you are going to start to listen to the voice of reason. I am out of this forum, I hope you stay well.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

9 hours ago, Emanyalpsid said:

This is cult stuff right here. You are spinning the story the way you want it. Look I get what your saying but it is trying to ignore and form reality to your mind. That has nothing to do with broadening ones consciousness to deal with the harshness of life. But of course you don't see the difference. You believe in the things you say. You have not experienced your child being raped and you being still happy. It is just a concept in your mind that you can still be happy, if you believe it hard enough.

There are enough cults around on this world, there will always be, so one more doesn't matter. The more people use psychedelics the more cults will arise.

You don't seem to have direct experience or understanding of unconditional freedom. It is much deeper than mainstream ideas of freedom that you have been conditioned with.

It's fine that you don't believe that unconditional freedom or unconditional love exists. Yet, just because you haven't experienced it or cannot imagine it - does not mean it does not exist. You would need to go deeper and push yourself beyond your deeply-held beliefs and desire for security and comfort. The ego will fight like hell to avoid this. If you touch upon it, your ego will tell you it is evil and cultish. The self/ego is content seeking truth within a secure and comfortable zone. One can learn and grow a lot in this zone - yet to take self-actualization to much deeper levels, one must be willing to be radically open-minded and be willing to sacrifice security and comfort for truth. I'm not talking about the insecurity of sharing vulnerable feelings or the discomfort of a long meditation session. I am talking about something much more radical and extreme. Some deep awakenings are incredibly beautiful and loving where a person feels at one with everything. Yet, if you want to reach the depths of beauty, love and oneness beyond your wildest dreams behind door #1, you've got to be willing to reach the depths of horror, terror, panic and insanity beyond your worst nightmares behind door #2. IME, there comes a point one has to completely surrender ALL control to venture deeper. You reach a point where you don't get to choose whether you enter door #1 or door #2. You don't get to choose whether the deep lesson is about unimaginable love or unimaginable terror. 

You don't seem to be willing to venture here. If a comment about child rape throws you into a tizzy about cults, you are not willing to have all your beliefs stripped from your grasping hand and be shown terror beyond your comprehension. And you will not get direct experience of absolute freedom as you lay in complete terror. 

Philosophizing and conceptualizing about reality is great stuff. Struggling through uncomfortable emotions for personal development is worthy. Debating about enlightenment, purpose, freedom and happiness on forums can shed insights. Meditation, self-inquiry and contemplation can be profound. I like to engage in these practices.  Yet I'm telling you that all this stuff is an absolute cake walk compared to some of the stuff that lies much deeper. I'm not making this shit up. It's not intellectual mumbo jumbo. I have direct experience as do several other members on the forum. If you want to stay within the safe zone, that is totally fine - there is a lifetime of personal development lessons in the world. There are so many beautiful teachings within personal development. Yet, you will not experience and come to know the deep truths that require complete surrender of ALL control - including one's own life.

@Serotoninluv Very well written. 

On the cult claim, nobody is trying to get you to follow anyone or follow anything. While there can be much to learn from others (Leo helped solve my moralization dilemma for example) the only time any advice is useful is when you've deeply come to the same conclusion yourself and see success from its application. Its one thing to be told something, its another to realize it.

A lot of the profound realizations that come with this path while can ease pain from the painful stuff, it also will cause a great deal of pain to let go of all of your deeply held beliefs you once identified with. Nobody said it was going to be all unicorns and rainbows. 

People see this as ludicrous because the ego will backlash not wanting to let go of all that maintains its survival.

41 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Shadowraix Leo mentioned he will do a video soon on cults. I’m so curious. 

I've been waiting on the one regarding evolution and intelligent design which he alluded to in the infinite intelligence video

Why pay any attention to this? the whole business of making a channel out of other's videos is strange to me. From my point of view it makes sense that younger people do it, good video making practice; it makes sense to me when it's for comedic purposes... but when someone is trying to be serious about it.. I kind of go grey rock like... what are you doing "hombre" (or "mujer" if it's a woman) ?

Anytime someone tries to "build " something on the premiss of tearing others down, I can understand where they're coming from, but they're not really building anything for themselves are they? they seem like scavengers to me.. I'm sure you can get good at it, have a point, be right even, but my point is: if something really is bad, it doesn't need random critiques to kill it, it will eventually die on it's own. It may do so from lack of attention, it may do so because it won't hold up. 

Edited by Salcedoop

In my experience videos like this and people like him are quite valuable to see to what extend your mind has made nonduality and the stuff that is being said by leo into just another worldview. Notice if you instantly try to categorize/demonize this person to dismiss what he is saying. Can we try to see if there is some truth in his perspective? After all, the truth doesn't care if it's questioned to death.

16 minutes ago, Echoes said:

In my experience videos like this and people like him are quite valuable to see to what extend your mind has made nonduality and the stuff that is being said by leo into just another worldview. Notice if you instantly try to categorize/demonize this person to dismiss what he is saying. Can we try to see if there is some truth in his perspective? After all, the truth doesn't care if it's questioned to death.

I disagree. To me this person seems philosophically and scientifically illiterate. To be careful and not blindly believe Leo's positions is something we should already be aware of as Leo himself is advocating for that. What exactly in his critique seems reasonable and valuable to you?

Glory to Israel

Stop wasting time debating on stupid stuff and go meditate/self-inquiry/kriya yoga.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Scholar He is way to dismissive, arrogant and certain of his "final, new understanding". But that is exactly the attitude many so called truth seekers also have. Of course always in the name of truth. It's the samy energy bouncing at each other so to speak - the same arrogance and sense of certainty. Both are blind to the fact of having emotions invested in identity.

To be careful and not blindly believe Leo's position is something that is easily being said, but sometimes the mind does this only as lip service and is not actually doing it.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, Salcedoop said:

Anytime someone tries to "build " something on the premiss of tearing others down, I can understand where they're coming from, but they're not really building anything for themselves are they? they seem like scavengers to me.. I'm sure you can get good at it, have a point, be right even, but my point is: if something really is bad, it doesn't need random critiques to kill it, it will eventually die on it's own. It may do so from lack of attention, it may do so because it won't hold up. 

While I generally do agree and see the point, people tend to be very expressive to how they feel and the things other people say. So on one side seeing video rebuttals can help open new perspectives. That is if you are watching the videos to learn and then make an evaluated decision on your own for your own improvement vs to just attach and defame somebody. The spreading of information and ideas is one of our great points as social creatures. The more edge case scenarios we have like this the more we can build a more robust model on the type of world we want to advocate for. Very few people are willing to lead.

I used to be very argumentative like them in my early high school years because my sense of raw nitpicky logic developed faster. It was a big ego trip to feel like you won an argument with superior debating skills. I can imagine a lot of people get the same off this stuff.

23 hours ago, Scholar said:

I disagree. To me this person seems philosophically and scientifically illiterate. To be careful and not blindly believe Leo's positions is something we should already be aware of as Leo himself is advocating for that. What exactly in his critique seems reasonable and valuable to you?

Lol you just disregarded the post of Echoes completely by dismissing the person immediately only based on your beliefs. Listen to the explanation Leo gives in the video Richard Alpert posted, it doesn't make any sense.

And yeah Leo says be objective, but he also promotes the use of psychedelics which blocks your objectivity and emerges you in a total subjective world. Psychedelic experiences are never objective, they are the farthest thing away from objectivity. It is only your imagination that makes you think it is objective. How can you not see this?

I can't stop posting because of the total ignorance being spread here.

22 hours ago, Echoes said:

@Scholar He is way to dismissive, arrogant and certain of his "final, new understanding". But that is exactly the attitude many so called truth seekers also have. Of course always in the name of truth. It's the samy energy bouncing at each other so to speak - the same arrogance and sense of certainty. Both are blind to the fact of having emotions invested in identity.

To be careful and not blindly believe Leo's position is something that is easily being said, but sometimes the mind does this only as lip service and is not actually doing it.

Yep, it is just the same old new age bullshit which is going on since the 70s, only packed in another name. Every decennia a bunch of guys trip their asses off on psychedelics and start to believe they are god, it is all consciousness, they created everything or whatever you will. But now you have the internet and easy access to psychedelics and bullshit believes. Which almost makes this an epidemic, hitting the psychological unstable people the hardest. All becoming numb for reality and others around them. Living in their own bubble. And keep on wondering why all the other people don't see the obvious...^^ he who is insane does not know he is insane.

This comment summarizes it all very well. But I guess someone will come up with another argument to defend their beliefs. You believe in the truth. The truth is a believe. You believe in the truth. The truth is a believe. You believe in the truth. The  truth is a believe. You make up arguments to defend your believe. The believe is in your mind. Therefore you need arguments to defend it. You believe in the truth. The truth is a believe. 

Maybe now someone will see through it.

Screenshot_20180930-133223.png

Edited by Emanyalpsid