MM1988

Leo Guras SICK Logic on Happiness (Youtube)

72 posts in this topic

This is a good example of an Orange-level rational thinker that is unable to utilize relative thinking. He has a limited definition of "happiness" and he assumes his idea of happiness is normative. (It applies to him and everyone else). Everything he hears goes through his lens of what happiness means. Without relative thinking, one becomes rigid. It is no surprise that he is disturbed by what he hears.

I'm not saying that Leo or the critic are "right". They each have a relative perspective. The critic is unable to see that because he is locked into a perspective that he is attached to and identifies with.

I can sense the inner turmoil in the critic. He is not at peace with his beliefs and is getting triggered by what he watches in the video.

A lesson to us all: don't get attached to, or identify with, any one perspective.

Yup, triggered.

This guy probably thinks Viktor E. Frankl is insane too. After all, the guy experienced moments of bliss at Auschwitz while he knew everyone he loved had been killed. 

Edited by martin_malin

Seems to me he is missing the point and removing context on purpose. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but I think he's got an axe to grind.

I don't feel anywhere near enlightened, but when I'm depressed, I can always see a silver lining and appreciate that happiness isn't more than a layer or two of clouds above me. I think the guy is being obtuse on purpose.

How dare anyone have a different perspective than me?! For shame!!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

One of my happiest moment is me crying like a baby after a breakup. I was so sad that it was beautiful. 

1 minute ago, martin_malin said:

One of my happiest moment is me crying like a baby after a breakup. I was so sad that it was beautiful. 

Great example. There are many ways to perceive happiness.

I've also experienced deep sorrow. From one perspective, it was experiencing the depth of human emotion in absolute purity. I didn't try to think my way out of it and I didn't suffer. I didn't want to have any other experience than the one I was having. I went "all in". I surrendered to it and fully experienced the sorrow. From this perspective it was beautiful. In a way, one could say it was joyful. Joy and sorrow are not polar opposites.

He sounds like me when I went from Christian to Atheist. He seems to have brought spirituality to a more traditional materialist atheist-like mentality.

I'm not even halfway through this video but this guy is not even open to other possibilities. He seems very caught up in naive reality by essentially thinking his idea of reality is correct and that's how it is without really questioning it.

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

13 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

But that's also a perspective right? I think being open minded is good but it makes sense to cling to a perspective if it makes more sense than other perspectives.

Its one thing to side with a perspective. Its another to cling to it as if you are its parent.

Clinging causes all sorts of issues like denial of evidence and even backlash on those opposing your perspective.

Not clinging to a perspective is not being so grounded in it that you feel like you must defend it. Clinging is very halting to growth.

Edited by Shadowraix

35 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

But that's also a perspective right? 

Haha! You are correct :)

Reminds me of Rali from naked reality criticising Leo to get views back in 2016.

I helped that guy attain enlightenment  and die through my "good boy" mantra  ?

Edited by Good-boy

I was worried about Rali. I hope he is okay and floating out into infinity somewhere. haha

3 hours ago, martin_malin said:

Because you were glad to finally get rid of your ex girl friend? It's a possibility.

Edited by CreamCat

He's triggered by the video because as an unconscious deluded ego, he wants to control his life to a high degree.

Leo's video is basically trying to sabotage this. Ego doesn't want to let go of control.

That's what the kind of Happiness that Leo is talking about is about. It's basically Detachment (i.e. Letting go of control).

If you can let go of control when you're depressed and just feel that depression exactly as it is, no control and no judgements. The feeling of depression will just flow through you and you can, if your level of spiritual purification is deep enough, feel a deep sense of joy in the experience of depression.

lol the guy is so lost. His whole channel is just dissing spiritual teachers such as Teal Swan and Matt Kahn. Can't believe how triggered stage orange people get over it. So funny yet so sad