Ampresus

What video's should I watch?

10 posts in this topic

Hello there again. If you have seen my previous post you know that I just started my journey and am very young. Yeah about that... In Leo's wage-slavery video he said that I was lucky if I found his video. Are there any other video's young people like me should watch? Are there any specifically beneficial ones out there for young people? I have already seen his video's about Body Awareness, Wage Slavery, What Is Spirituality, Understanding Islam (I am Muslim), Law of Attraction, 2 meditation video's, his self-actualization video and the Mindfulness one. I see many video's on his channel, but some don't interest me at all. Like the Ideology one. I just don't care about all of that. 

By the way about meditating: Leo made 8 video's I think which discuss meditation. I don't know if I am supposed to watch all of them or specifically a few to get a good insight of meditation without repetition of the same information. 

Oh I also want to start reading books. I saw his book list and after watching the self-actualization video I wanted to buy Maslows book. I don't know which one Leo referred to though. Keep in mind that I am young, so if you guys know if the book contains too much difficult words. Please tell me. Anyways have a great day everyone. 

People are obsessed with Leo. Omg... ?

Anyway, you should give us more information about your life: your weaknesses, for example. 

If you’re a people-pleaser, I highly recommend “How To Stop Caring What Others Think of You”

A great one to build a vision for your life is “10 Things You Don’t Know You Want”

Another great episode is “Masculinity vs Femininity”. Very useful information there! 

And my last recommendation is “How To Deal with Strong Negative Emotions”. 

If you are more specific about your life situation (apart that you’re young), we can give you better recommendations.

Btw - I think to really learn meditation, you should go to a Vipassana retreat. If you only learn it on Youtube, the odds of practicing a technique incorrectly is very high. It’s very important to have an experienced face-to-face teacher when you’re starting off.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

Two of my favorites are

30-ways-society-fucks-you-in-the-ass

how-to-be-a-strategic-motherfucker

and Spiral Dynamics series of 5 videos.

All of them have such juicy topics, how can you choose...:(

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, EternalForest said:

Watch them all! Leo has 375 videos now in total. If you watched one video a day, you could get through them all in a year. That's a fine pace and it'll give you time to take notes and process the information. Sort by oldest and get started!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ActualizedOrg/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0

Yes!!!

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

@Finland3286 :D

If they did that it would also be assuming they were also watching the new video that came out every Sunday, otherwise they'd have to spend another month or two finishing up all the videos that came out while they were watching them all haha

You don't even have to watch them in order, just the ones that interest / appeal / apply to you most first. But also don't forget that Leo says ideally one day we'll be able to "outgrow" his content, and not have to rely on him anymore. Actualized.org is a fantastic  tool I'm going to refer to throughout my life but its no substitute for mastering the practices yourself and achieving your own life purpose.

@Gabriel Antonio I can give you information about myself. I socialize on a regular bases (no shyness or anything). I have some friends, but rather be in the library where everyone is silent. I want to read more books there (including Maslows one). I sense the differences I have with the rest of my class and for that reason I only hang out with the nerd so I can get my grades up. He needs a friend (he is an introvert) and I need his guidance through mathematics. I follow my culture's traditional beliefs, although some statements about religion from Leo really inspire me. I have always been interested in Buddhism (the meditation part), spirituality and enlightenment. For now I think my dream is to become an astronaut.   

All of them are worth watching. When I first found Leo, I literally just scrolled through his videos and picked the topics I was interested in until I watched like 75-90% of his content lol. It will take a couple of years.

As for what you should watch a young person? Follow your intuition and have an open-mind. Let your curiosity take you to those videos. In addition, get good grades, focus on school, listen to the people around and your teachers with an open-mind. Try to address these conflicts, issues, as well as good times with understanding. Try to grow from everything you encounter. 

There's so much to learn: physical fitness, nutrition, the game of politics, comparative religion, psychology, biology, physics, music, art, and your own potential to create, love, hate, and fear. It's all worth learning and integrating. Just keep taking it seriously and following your intuition, it will naturally come. 

Edited by SgtPepper