Tistepiste

@enlightened people

62 posts in this topic

Just now, Tistepiste said:

@Enlightenment Would you say you have no personality anymore? Just Being? 

From the outside, it obviously looks like I have a personality but subjectively definitely no, I mean there is a complete disidentification from the ego, no centrum to the experience of being me (used to be in my head).

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

1 hour ago, Enlightenment said:

From the outside, it obviously looks like I have a personality but subjectively definitely no, I mean there is a complete disidentification from the ego, no centrum to the experience of being me (used to be in my head).

@Enlightenment to "you" , from where and how is the experience of writing that reply on this forum viewed/seen ? 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Outer Initially I stumbled upon TM video, and it kinda was like, what is this meditation all about?... Ok so I have to think mantra over and over again, let me try it... Did 20 minutes, got up and you know forgot about it, went to the gym and noticed something was probably different but couldn't pinpoint exactly what, and at the time I was very skeptical about meditation and seriously doubted that it's gonna do anything, did probably another 20 minutes in the evening that day and at some point I felt kind of spacey and realized that my sense of self is expanded, which at the time was very weird to me. For the next 2 weeks I did about 2h every day and eventually, in one meditation I sat down still having agency and some vestiges of self and got up having none.

Since then I tested a few mantra methods and fine-tuned them to be able to deepen that state further, but definitely the biggest change is going from the "normal" self to this no agency and after that initial transition what can deepen even more is you being in the moment to the point where it actually weakens your episodic memory.

No self-referential thoughts that is correct. Is everything one? Well, I would say so, yet it is not the same kind of ALL ONE as a full-blown psychedelic non-dual breakthrough.

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment @Enlightenment  do you feel like being enlightened improved your life experience? It seems that you didn't go through deep suffering prior to seeking enlightenment. Could be wrong of course!

@SoonHei From nowhere really, there are senses, mind and just experience, without this self-conscious fixated illusion of self that is somehow steering the wheel. It's like before I would feel like I am experiencing this in addition to experience itself, now I can still say there is an experience of being me, but I don't feel like a doer, experiencer, thinker etc.

@Tistepiste It did tremendously! I was undiagnosed but probably depressed before

-- Kenneth Folk

5 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

From nowhere really, there are senses, mind and just experience, without this self-conscious fixated illusion of self that is somehow steering the wheel. It's like before I would feel like I am experiencing this in addition to experience itself, now I can still say there is an experience of being me, but I don't feel like a doer, experiencer, thinker etc.

wow

so it seems like there maybe the occasional coming back to the ego

but for the most part

you're watching a TV SHOW of your body's life+experience while sitting on a Couch ?

Love Is The Answer

19 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

wow

so it seems like there maybe the occasional coming back to the ego

but for the most part

you're watching a TV SHOW of your body's life+experience while sitting on a Couch ?

What you've described would still imply a watcher and life that he's watching which is a dualistic perspective. 

Imagine a situation where you felt especially self-conscious, being behind your eyes constantly correcting things, thinking what you gonna say next, and now the opposite to that when you where doing something you really enjoy and "lost yourself" in activity,in this moment perhaps even entered a "flow" state where distance between you and experience collapsed, there was a sense of effortlessness and then you popped out of this and instantly regained normal state. Have you ever had that experience?

Edited by Enlightenment

-- Kenneth Folk

12 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

being behind your eyes constantly correcting things, thinking what you gonna say next, and now the opposite to that when you where doing something you really enjoy and "lost yourself" in activity,in this moment perhaps even entered a "flow" state where distance between you and experience collapsed, there was a sense of effortlessness and then you popped out of this and instantly regained normal state. Have you ever had that experience?

wow

yes. so simple and elegant

"time flies when you're having fun"

so that state one is just being - just the experience... no experience and an experiencer 

and yeah, i have had many moments like that

heck even working on something like a school subject i like, or coding or something that comes to me "naturally"  and fully in it. but i guess in all those states, i have not been aware that i am just experiencing. i would still look back after the fact and say i was doing XYZ but sure, time flew by 

i understand what you're saying wow. and yes. the tv show + you sitting on the couch does = duality when compared to this way you have explained

so, just in a nutshell your experience / non-dual experience is abiding that that natural flow state - but doing so, consciously  ? @Enlightenment

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei  Of course, there are different degrees of that flow you may have

It's not like enlightenment is just a persistent flow experience, but as it's really hard to explain, I'm trying to pinpoint you in a direction

Leaving aside all non-dual talk, the biggest, most vivid change it has brought on to me is being completely in the moment and not daydreaming or worrying about the future

-- Kenneth Folk

22 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

being completely in the moment and not daydreaming or worrying about the future

i find i tend to live my life this way

but maybe it has to be lived in a very authentic way

for example, i mean, i am not sure if you're working, retired, well off such that you dont have to work or whatever

but about the not worrying about the future part, how does that fit in? 

is that then the "law of attraction" wherein if you're not projecting thoughts/worry into the future, the universe will keep your positive/flow going on its own?

like if you lost your job for example and have to pay the bills which will continue, by being in the moment and not worrying about the future how will that resolve?

i suppose by being in the moment, the required action which must be taken arises "spontaneously " and that way the "future" is secured and you aren't worried about it in the "present" ?

@Enlightenment

also thank you for replying <3 

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei

10 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

but maybe it has to be lived in a very authentic way

Initially, this shift didn't make me completely spontaneous and authentic right away, seems like it takes some time to decondition the deep brain structures or whatever that may be, for the ego-personality to change its behavioral habits. Now after almost 2 years it has changed significantly.

I can still plan events into the future, what I will do tomorrow etc. it doesn't take away that ability, however, I do make a lot more notes, set more alarms.

Well, not worrying is not something that evolution favors

-- Kenneth Folk

BEYOND THE FIRST FOUR JHĀNAS

(...)

1. The “higher powers,” which are said to allow a

yogi to perform miracles such as walking on water, or walking through walls.

2. The Divine Ear, which allows the yogi to hear speech and sound in distant places through the ears of other beings.

3. The Divine Eye, which allows the yogi to see through the eyes of other beings, and thus know what’s happening in distant places, and what will happen in the future.

4. Knowing the minds of others, which is a form of telepathy.

5. Recollecting “past lives.”

@Tistepiste For this type of practice, mastery of Śamatha is required as far as I understand it. I haven't master Śamatha yet therefore no.

-- Kenneth Folk

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think so.

What makes you think that?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

3 hours ago, sgn said:

A long life-long love affair with this work.  Like my whole life.  I’ve been doing personal development since I was literally 12 years old.  That’s not to brag, it’s just a fact.  Most kids were picking their nose at 12 years old.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, sgn said:

Hehe semantics is nothing and everything

@Enlightenment Interesting, what you describe is where I'm or heading.

Can you elaborate which mantra it was and that technique have u used?

I'd be glad to try it, tx.