Tistepiste

@enlightened people

62 posts in this topic

What is your constant state of mind/body?

Do you feel pure peace all the time? Are there moments when you feel more happy / better than other moments?

Here is your answer xD

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

My friend is enlightened and I just asked him. He said that enlightened people like to watch Star Trek. He was smiling when he said it but he does watch Star Trek a lot

really no sense in asking dawg, you're already enlightened ~ just a matter of stripping away layers of illusory attachments/identifications/conceptions

bless

n͕̣̝͙̻̯̙̜͈͕̖̯͍̹͓̘̠̄͆̃̌ͮͬ̇ͅa̙̪̮̭̱͓̣͍͙̫͍̍̅̔͂̉ͩ̋ͨ̑̋ͨ̏́ͣ͛m̠̘̗̙̭̠ͩͪ̍ͤ͒͒a̠̠̲͔̹̺͉͚̘̮͖̪̬̒̎͒̔́̈́ͥ̃͐͋ͧͭͥ̌̎̀̾̉̚ṣ̗͖͇̺̣͎ͧ̿̇͒̌t͇͈̘̲̰̫̩̘̗̲̣̩̲̯͇̍̓͒̔ͦ̊̂̔͒ͦ̽̚e̗̥̮̖͕̘ͣͫ̑͐͂ͩ́ͮ̆̌͛͐̽ͬ͛̿ͣͅ

- yawning gap

"embrace your inner pain. in hopelessness, you will find bliss. to be mindful all the time you need to have attention on the breath as second nature." - hellspeed

Enlightenment cannot be spoken nor conceptualized. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

12 hours ago, Tistepiste said:

What is your constant state of mind/body?

Do you feel pure peace all the time? Are there moments when you feel more happy / better than other moments?

The mind is normally silent.  I guess what you could call mood fluctuates around contentment, peace, happiness, joy, bliss, etc.  There are moments when there is a feeling of more or less bliss, but I don't demand that there is always bliss.  When I am most down (so to speak), there is contentment...which is not considered very low by most standards.  Normally, I am just happy and at peace.

I do not judge when I feel bliss as a better moment than when I don't feel bliss.  Bliss or not blissful...doesn't matter.  Just content and at peace either way.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@Outer Jed McKenna is far from enlightened. LOC 580. Quite shocking for me, given that his big time fan Mickey Mouse sounded quite enlightened.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Tistepiste Shiva and Shakti. Absolute unmanifest potential and dynamic creative energy. These two are really the same thing. If you are interested to understand what I say logically, try studying some Quantum-physics (which is more a theory of consciousness than physics). The world (consciousness, or YOU) is a wave function (Shiva). It becomes matter when consciousness intends to know itself (Shakti). A simpler answer is that all that there is, is blissful consciousness (Sat, Cit, Permananda), and any material manifestation is an attempt for this consciousness to know itself. 

Edited by Misagh

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

Today I had a storm of negative thoughts and I just focused on their emptiness and illusoryness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

14 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Outer Jed McKenna is far from enlightened. LOC 580. Quite shocking for me, given that his big time fan Mickey Mouse sounded quite enlightened.

What is LOC?

@Barry J Read Ramaji’s book ‘1000’. It’s basically a model for how enlightened you are. Of course some people are enlightened, but the question comes to who is more enlightened than who. That’s what this book answers. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Outer LOC 768. Although I don’t agree with him.

Who is assigning these numbers to people?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

99% of my life is like deep flow experience but of course within this flow there are "bad"/aversive moments and blissful ones

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

1 minute ago, Tistepiste said:

@Enlightenment what is a bad moment? And how do you deal with it?

Lower back pain, occasional strong headache, a situation when I'm fatigued/have no physical energy but have to do something demanding, things like that are still "bad moments" they are part of the flow, yet can still cause suffering. I have no sense of agency, so there is really nothing I (as an agent) do, they just are.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk