Recursoinominado

I feel super smart on psychedelics

13 posts in this topic

I noticed that when i use psychedelics, i feel smart, my vocabulary is better and can express complex topics in a comprehensive way for most people. It bothers me that when i am sober i have lots of problems doing the same things. I know that generally, people like their "drugged-self" more since drugs like alcohol, cocaine, and MDMA can make you less anxious, fearful and overanalytical but psychedelics are different, they can make you anxious if you can't handle your shit, especially in social contexts. I am usually introverted like most of you guys but when i use psychedelics (even weed) i can talk a LOT and in a smart way that even surprises me every single time (except when i am so high that i can't even keep a line of thought without getting distracted). 

Not only that but i get hopeful, courageous, empathetic, sincere, motivated. When i use ayahuasca i feel like a total BOSS, my voice gets deep as fuck, i speak like a man, full of confidence, i am proud of myself, is like a know who i am and that i can do anything. Normally i have LOTs of limiting beliefs (being dumb, destined to fail, not enough, incompetent etc), i know that they aren't true but i feel like they are and i am deep on this self-improvement path to transcend all limiting beliefs, i know its ALL in my head but when i use psychedelics they all seems to disappear at moments.  I fucking love my "higher-self" xD

Edit: I forgot one thing: i tend to have LOTs of deep insights when i am on psychedelics (including weed), its almost guaranteed. To the point that i was smoking way too much weed in order to generate insights, especially when i feel stuck in a problem. I noticed that i tend to contemplate about everything naturally but when i am on psychedelics i enter in full contemplation mode. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

I think LSD was designed for this purpose. Also, the goal is to be able to do it sober. Start working your way towards that.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

Just now, SageModeAustin said:

I think LSD was designed for this purpose. Also, the goal is to be able to do it sober. Start working your way towards that.

Yeah, always did that and still do, obviously, i can't walk high all the time. But i think it is amazing that drugs like mushrooms, weed and ayahuasca have this effect too.

@Recursoinominado yeah it really melts away the self, and the self is compiled with limiting non-sense. Thus, bliss and "higher self"

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@Recursoinominado That is a glimpse of who you can become by doing this work.

So roll up them sleeves.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

IME, the psychedelic mind state and the sober mind set are gradually moving closer to each other.

How do we know that we get smarter on psychedelics? I feel more open. More observant. hyper sensitive. More clear. But these are just my feelings while I'm online. After that, I really don't know if I'm smarter than before. Also what is smart in this context. To me that doesn't happen on a glimpse. It gradually improves over time. I have not felt instant improvement with any insights. It only gets the ball rolling. Is this my limiting belief? Have you really felt an instant improvement?

@SageModeAustin Ayahuasca is amazing. I live in Brazil so it's not hard to find places (religious) to use it. It was life-changing for me, i did 8 times and all of them were positive. I only did a moderate/high dose of mushrooms one time (4.5g) and i found it really similar to ayahuasca, its a "tribal" feeling, like you get connected to mother earth and she is showing you what you need to see. I noticed that it tends to expose all the deep subconscious aspects of the mind its like dream happening in your visual field (even with closed eyes). The first time i did i think i almost had an ego death, i was unable to recognize my hands, i forgot i had a body, suddenly i had a strange feeling that i was omnipotent, i could do anything like moving peoples arms or something like that, it was beautiful, and initiated in my spiritual path.

@Serotoninluv So, if i do it, let's say, weekly, it is possible to integrate the insights into my "normal" self?

@Leo Gura Kind of stuck in a place that i take full responsibility for everything, i am able to see all my bullshit and deep-rooted beliefs but i am struggling to find the best way to change them, Its kind of frustrating to know that i am limiting myself so much and don't know exactly what to do. I am still waiting for that subconscious programming course you promised us :D
@Samra I feel that with insights on psychedelics, first you kind of have that "aha!" moment so know you are aware of the situation, belief, memory etc. Now the hard part is to integrate it in your brain, if the "aha!" moment came with a strong emotion, it's possible to fully integrate the insight in just one time like something really shocking and mindblowing to you. Most of the time you will get back to your normal state and will remember the insight but all your other limiting beliefs will get in the way and now you have to be vigilant to apply this insight and try to make it a mental habit (belief). For instance, its common that i have some insight of someone who is suffering and thus this explains their low consciousness behavior, you feel compassion and love but when the high goes away, all your fears and frustrations kicks in which makes really hard to act compassionately so you have to be vigilant to remember your insight when you are interacting with this person. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

This might be a question for neuroscientists/biochemists, but I'm starting to wonder whether Capsaicin (the chemical that makes chilis spicy) has any psychedelic-like effects?

On 9/18/2018 at 8:36 PM, Recursoinominado said:

@Serotoninluv So, if i do it, let's say, weekly, it is possible to integrate the insights into my "normal" self?

On micro/mini doses are easy to integrate in a week. And you tolerance will stay low.

I find  moderate / high doses to be harder to get ntegrate. I used to do two times a month, now just 1 time a month

@Recursoinominado I feel you man xD  it is not easy to implement insights, somehow you have to find ways to align to the frequency :D

Drug users of Cocaine/Heroine/Meth etc. use iboga to get rid of addition and carve new habits (I heard) but once you go this path be prepared to suffer .

@Serotoninluv Could you elaborate your mini doses of what and how much? Also, what are you hero doses that you do once month?

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

On micro/mini doses are easy to integrate in a week. And you tolerance will stay low.

I find  moderate / high doses to be harder to get ntegrate. I used to do two times a month, now just 1 time a month

I will make an effort to trip more often :)