graded24

Requesting a video on Time

14 posts in this topic

Hey Leo,

I am new here and don't know if there is a channel to request a topic for you to cover. But I know plenty of people, including me, would love to see a leo-style nondual approach to time. In fact I am surprised you haven't already done it.  It is one of the key things to transcend going from duality to nonduality.  

thanks

For a taste of Leo talking about time watch his neti neti guided meditation.

29 minutes ago, TripleNipple said:

For a taste of Leo talking about time watch his neti neti guided meditation.

Indeed, he has talked about illusion of time in many of his videos. But it would be a different thing having a whole video dedicated to it. 

@graded24 mate, to do deeply question time would be to completely flip your experience of life. Logically speaking, we always think of time as the substrate through which anything happens. To copy and paste what I've wrote elsewhere when I made a thread "Is reality discontinuos?" :

Looking at your experience, all we have is "now". But I wonder, what is "now"?

Let's look at language and thought. Whenever one thinks of a word, e.g. "cat" and has it in their mind, I have the perception that I have this word totally grasped in my mind. However, it takes a time which is not equal to zero seconds for this word to pass through my mind. If everything is now, how does perception exist? Without time, how can sensations and perceptions exist and change? 

I'm just thinking, that it's all truly spontaneous. It comes from nothing. In my present moment experience causality doesn't exist. There is this experience and I don't know why it is. And if we say that time does exist, then things still change spontaneously. Because no matter how small a chunk of time you consider, it's a mystery why anything happens at all. Reminds me a of calculus a bit here. 

As for why I used the word discontinuous, imagine a graph with a line. A line has an infinite number of points in it by definition, and its continuous. But a point has no size, and there is no lee way to move around and have change. I used the word discontinuous because of its connotations in studying maths. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Sorry, no time for it.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry, no time for it.

;)

A reply and and the core message of the video requested in one sentence. Efficient af. 

YES! Been waiting forever for an episode like this. Make it really long just to drive the point home and mess with peoples perception of time. :P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Alan Watts is my favourite teacher lol 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.