Leo Gura

Hilarious Stage Orange Critique Of Actualized.org

38 posts in this topic

From time to time I do entertain the idea that Leo might be some sort of super-genius charlatan. Who knows... he might have deluded us all.

Glory to Israel

C'mon guys... the reason why he would take time to write the post taking down actualized.org could be that he is feeling real concern about people following Leo. Imagine if somebody asked you if it is ok to follow Hitler (obviously I am not comparing Leo to Hitler) you would probably also write them a lenghty letter explaining why it is a bad idea.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

The fact that that guy took the time to write the whole thing is hilarious. Like you don't have to watch actualized.org there's plenty of other shit out there to watch. 

Leo is just testing who still loves drama in his forum.

You've all been jebaited ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Finland3286 said:

I see how this has been debunked time and time again

Has it really? It took 2 minutes of Googling to find this study: https://f1000research.com/articles/4-1188/v1

Looks like psi is nowhere near being debunked. More like being proved more and more over time.

jesus fucking christ, this forum has become toxic. YOU CANNOT FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR HERE. NO ARTICLE NO POST NO MODEL WILL GIVE YOU THE TRUTH. IT DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER. you guys are wasting your time failing to understand teachings Leo teaches when he has preached the nature of ego & symbols in MANY videos VERY clearly. 

You're expecting too much out of the guy. 

SImply wasting your time participating in all the non sense. None of you mother fuckers are right (including Leo) because this is a fucking dream. THE MAP IS NOT THE TERRITORY. 

I-am.jpg

@K VIL Lol Byron Katie is fully self-actualized why would she need this forum. I myself feel like I will outgrow actualized.org very soon. The only vision I see that he gives are enlightenment, emotional mastery, no mind, integration of non duality into daily life and life purpose. I now know how to achieve all of them and am currently working towards them. If he doesn’t reveal anything new soon, I will no longer have any need for this website. Although it has been a very useful stepping stone, I must now find a higher vision, or at least a more supportive website of the above goals I mentioned. I guess we’ll see what happens...

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Leo Gura  I think I recognize that guy. I might have gotten to an argument with him a couple years back on an old Actualized .org video.

It ended when he made a super long response that I simply didn't bother to read.

I remember it actually started along the lines of "I've been wanting to make this response but I've been busy but here it is now."

And I just didn't bother to read further than that nor did I respond. Because why read stuff by an idiot who spends most of his time thinking about how he's going to respond to a dumb YouTube argument. Like, "Jesus Christ, dude. Don't you have better things to think about?"

8 hours ago, Shin said:

Bull shit

Edited by Barry J

I just read the whole entry. I find it interesting how his lens of perception interprets Leo and the actualized forum. What might be considered a couple kernels of truth got exaggerated and distorted beyond recognition. The level of emotion and conviction of this fellow runs very deep into him. 

He is stage Orange for sure, yet it is a mix between rational and irrational thinking. In general, how does stage Orange view Turquoise? They dismiss Turquoise as "woo woo" or they are threatened by Turquoise. What might an Orange feel threatened by? Well, Orange (and the author) seem ok with personal development stuff. Yet, when we get into higher level stuff like the illusionary nature of the self, there is no free will and dissolving of the self - it is *extremely* threatening to the ego. His essay is a classic example of a fearful ego trying to protect itself. Over and over he refers to Turquoise-level concepts are narcissistic and nihilistic. Yet, he doesn't understand these terms. He is also threatened by Leo's use of the term "God", yet lacks understanding of the context of Leo's usage. He lacks any higher level direct experience or proficiency with relative thinking.

With that said, I can feel the angst in his words. He is filled with inner conflict, uncertainty and insecurity. His emotionally-unstable essay reflects his inner turmoil. I doubt he was just blowing off steam. More likely, he lives with this inner turmoil everyday. I hope someone who can access his inner conflict enters his life to help him.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

With that said, I can feel the angst in his words. He is filled with inner conflict, uncertainty and insecurity. His emotionally-unstable essay reflects his inner turmoil. I doubt he was just blowing off steam. More likely, he lives with this inner turmoil everyday.

That claim goes nicely with my own post.

55 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura  I think I recognize that guy. I might have gotten to an argument with him a couple years back on an old Actualized .org video.

It ended when he made a super long response that I simply didn't bother to read.

I remember it actually started along the lines of "I've been wanting to make this response but I've been busy but here it is now."

And I just didn't bother to read further than that nor did I respond. Because why read stuff by an idiot who spends most of his time thinking about how he's going to respond to a dumb YouTube argument. Like, "Jesus Christ, dude. Don't you have better things to think about?"

Very dramatic and exaggerated.

And when they question Leo's credentials, I think about this picture xD

leo_gura_books_01.png

I'll be honest, I do not know much about about mathematics or physics, I pursued the Psychology field, but Leo does back himself up with quotes and has read books like: Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - which is a serious Math book. I certainly don't see them arguing against his points? instead they attack his character with exaggerated claims.

Leo on multiple occasions has said that Absolute Infinity and his idea of God is in congruence with Abrahamic God and Brahman too.

A lot in there, but so much misunderstanding. Anyways, I guess you gotta expect some haters?

Edited by SgtPepper

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

Very dramatic and exaggerated.

And when they question Leo's credentials, I think about this picture xD

leo_gura_books_01.png

I'll be honest, I do not know much about about mathematics or physics, I pursued the Psychology field, but Leo does back himself up with quotes and has read books like: Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - which is a serious Math book. I certainly don't see them arguing against his points? instead they attack his character with exaggerated claims.

Leo on multiple occasions has said that Absolute Infinity and his idea of God is in congruence with Abrahamic God and Brahman too.

A lot in there, but so much misunderstanding. Anyways, I guess you gotta expect some haters?

That photo fills me with fear. I had no idea that Leo has amassed so much knowledge! And from real physical books, not kindle devices! Only a fool would challenge this learned man 

@Shin

14 hours ago, Shin said:

??

The guy writes elegantly, I must say. 

But, hey, he should find something better to do with that skill rather than ranting on Quora.

14 hours ago, Dragallur said:

@SgtPepper Just because you read a book does not mean you understand it, just sayin..

that's very true. In Leo's case, he claims to read slow-moderate pace, taking moments to contemplate whats being said in the book, and taking notes which is an optimal way to ingest books. I believe him given the depth of his videos.

It's not even about believing what Leo is saying though. 

He gives us interesting ideas and way to look at certain things, but they won't do anything unless we experience and find out about them for ourselves.

Who cares if Leo is right or wrong? Is he someone who can point us into the right direction, that's the question

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus