Leo Gura

Hilarious Stage Orange Critique Of Actualized.org

38 posts in this topic

Hilarious Stage Orange Critique Of Actualized.org

Hilarious weaponising of spiral dynamics Theory to crush one’s fantasy opponent

edit: sorry Leo I don’t mean to be picking on you but you are making it easy today. Are feeling ok?

Edited by Barry J

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I found this very amusing. Brace yourself:

https://www.quora.com/Is-Leo-Gura’s-Actualized-org-a-scam

Well the teachings about enlightement can be pretty dangerous. Ego backslashes can make your life pretty miserable and if you haven't made much reseach it is just too foreign to you to see any benefit of that.

When I had my first mystical experiences I had to go through a lot of suffering and confusion to deal with it. Of cource now I am glad I went through with it but I don't really blame people that they are so afraid of it. 

But I agree that Leo is too hung up on his interpretation of the truth and the right way to approach it but so is every human in existence so it doesn't really discredit  him in any major way.

Isnt that post just to prove the point about what hes saying in the videos ??? Leo you have to self reflect more bro...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

What is hilarious about a mentally ill person's attempt to deal with their mental illness?

He said:

"I personally have been suffering from mental illness and poor psychology: depression, anxiety, and a body-focused repetitive behavior"

Ha ha ha you a better than him?

Well ok. Great, you are superior to him. He is unequal to you in many ways.
Why the need to laugh though? Is that person's attempt to deal with his pain funny? Or are you triggered?

@Leo Gura Maybe you should adress at least some issues that he raised. You could have invited quantum physicist over to talk with you and discuss what you think or invite a mathematician about Gödel's theorem. Maybe they would not agree but you could wrap it up for your viewers why you think he made some epistemiological failures or whatever.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

9 minutes ago, Dragallur said:

@Leo Gura Maybe you should adress at least some issues that he raised. You could have invited quantum physicist over to talk with you and discuss what you think or invite a mathematician about Gödel's theorem. Maybe they would not agree but you could wrap it up for your viewers why you think he made some epistemiological failures or whatever.

Good idea. Its easy to talk the talk in a youtube video where you just disarm your own counterpoints ("But Leo")

"The irony of it is intense—could it not be that seeking “enlightenment” is the ULTIMATE FORM OF EGOTISM!?"

He is fucking right. Enlightenment is the most (and least) egocentric to desire.

"He is just repackaging old spiritual beliefs in a way that is designed to inflate the ego he claims to have abandoned. [...] Leo Gura’s philosophy is a dangerous one. In fact it can hardly be called a philosophy, it is more of a muddled mash of parasitic ideological nonsense designed to disorient its viewers into pseudointellectual submission. Completely meaningless drivel. I can understand why those of you who have not studied mathematics, science, philosophy, or literature have been fooled by this charlatan, and as a remedy I urge you to seek alternative viewpoints. Logical bureaucracy is NOT to arrive at truth or divinity, it is to AVOID BEING MANIPULATED by fork-tongued Devils."

I love this xD

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

You guys are missing the point of this post ???

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I skimmed it and saw plain old name calling, circular reasoning, false claims (correct me if I'm wrong, but Leo never said he has no ego), projection...it's a minefield and a fortress of cards. Of course I also wonder why Leo made this post. He says it's hilarious and amusing. Hmm...that sounds kind of like a defense mechanism, but hey, whatever. I think this rant could also be seen as a learning opportunity. A lesson in the thoughts and emotions of paradigm lock.

If I think that somebody else needs help, I need to turn that around: ‘I need help’. Whenever I think that somebody else needs help, in that moment I need help.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

That's Maya.  In Maya, the Preacher becomes the Devil and the Devil becomes the Preacher.  I think I recall that dude leaving comments under the YouTube videos.

Here's the kicker -- The person who wrote that took the time to write that.  That's what's sad.  Think about it.  

PS it's weird to me to see someone with a lot of ideas but with sophomoric writing skills.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Setty said:

Well the teachings about enlightement can be pretty dangerous. Ego backslashes can make your life pretty miserable and if you haven't made much reseach it is just too foreign to you to see any benefit of that.

When I had my first mystical experiences I had to go through a lot of suffering and confusion to deal with it. Of cource now I am glad I went through with it but I don't really blame people that they are so afraid of it. 

But I agree that Leo is too hung up on his interpretation of the truth and the right way to approach it but so is every human in existence so it doesn't really discredit  him in any major way.

Tell us your answer then.  It's easy to just deny without proposing any alternatives.  

This is some awesome stuff that guy wrote to show that english can be used to prove bullshit though! 

Proof:

Consider the following list:

At least one sentence in this list is false.

I'm not the most handsome man in the universe.

Suppose sentence 1 is false. This means that there are no false sentences in the above list. But note, sentence 1 is on the list, and is false by assumption. This contradicts our assumption, and hence our assumption must have been incorrect, and this means that sentence 1 is not false, i.e. it is true.

So far we have shown that sentence 1 is true, and it says that there is at least one false sentence in the list. Since there is only one other sentence, i.e. sentence 2, and sentence 1 is true, we conclude that sentence 2 is false.

Therefore, I am the most handsome man in the universe.

QED

?

I think it's a good thing to be skeptical of ideas but when I watch Leo's videos it opens my mind to different possibilities. I may not agree with these ideas or possibilities but it makes me question and look deeper into things. Even when it comes to enlightenment I thought that was just some nonsense belief but Leo clarified by calling it complete skepticism of everything. Although, when Leo talks about becoming God or experiencing bliss it seems like BS and one of those too good to be true things. But maybe that's just to get the ego engaged with inquiries and meditation to then become the "true self" or "no self".

Although, when Leo talks about psychic ability supernatural phenomena and I see how this has been debunked time and time again I think he's just wrong. I guess if it's a real thing i'll believe it when I see it or if it looks like it has been verified by science. I don't really think it would be that hard to verify some of these things either if they are true.

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

FURTHERMORE STILL, he is claiming that there are metaphysical implications of Gödel's theorems. Ask any reputable mathematician knowledgeable on the subject, and they will assure you that this is not the case in the slightest. Really? You're going to trust Leo about mathematics, over the mathematicians? Leo doesn't even know what mathematics is.

I don't know what Gödel's theorem is, but according to Immanuel Kant, mathematics IS metaphysics. How else could it be? Can you touch it?

Kants epistomology says in his book critic of pure reason, that mathematics is basically the only synthetic judgment a priori. Which means, that mathematics is the only metaphysics we can be certain of. Even more than that. It is the only thing we can be certain of whatsoever. So every maths has metaphysical implications by default.

Also science in general is not about usefulness, but falsifiability.

While this guy has some points, which needs to be discussed, most of it is just utter rambling about things, he doesn't understand.

Edited by Sockrattes

Heres the thing, to say 'actualized.org' is a scam by definition is just not true. I havent bought the life purpose course and i cant see myself doing it, even though im sure its great, but my point is ive watched lots of Leos vids and havent paid a penny for them. You could say i used my time on them but either way Leo isnt really gaining from me watching them. However I would say i have personally found a lot of value in his youtube videos.

So if we say its not a scam for arguments sake, then you would say I just dont agree with him or i think hes talking rubbish or whatever and thats 100% cool but to take him down for that seems a bit much. Theres millions of youtubers or teachers that i dont listen to because they dont resonate with me for whatever reason but to actively take them down, whats the point of that? Its up to each of us to seek out knowledge in various forms, rather than rely on one teacher to hand feed us. If someones teachings are 'dangerous' then yeah they should be taken down but i just dont see it in Leo. I think the poster was maybe looking for a solution to his problems, and felt that Leo couldnt really help or whatever. 

A good point he did make though, is the enlightenment thing, i think that is a genuine problem of the forum, where enlightenment is seen as the answer to everything, it would almost be better to take the carrot of enlightenment off the table and just focus on being present and improving our consciousness

@Leo Gura It was a long time ago that Lance Everett was discussed because someone made a thread ("Leo has no clothes") here by stealing his Quora answer. I wasted my time writing a well thought out response on actualized.org and the guy didn't even respond to what I wrote at all. 

Also, I think Lance Everett used to go by the name "Connor Frankston" on Quora (not sure though). I asked a question on Quora https://www.quora.com/If-pi-is-irrational-how-do-circles-exist and I'm 99% sure that this answer I got  https://www.quora.com/If-pi-is-irrational-how-do-circles-exist/answer/Lance-Everett-3 was written by a user who used to go by the name Connor Frankston.  I like Connor because of his maths answers on Quora. Connor left a YouTube comment on your godels incompleteness theorem which used the word "syntax" repeatedly for some reason. You replied to the comment, but I cannot remember anything else. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.