CreamCat

Summary of "People Are Not All Equal" by Teal Swan.

48 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@CreamCat You will care about equality more when you realize that you will reincarnate as every living being who ever lived or will live. That will sober the smugness out of ya.

@CreamCat You will care about equality more when you realize that you will reincarnate as every living being who ever lived or will live. That will sober the smugness out of ya.

@Leo Gura

Leo, both vedantic and buddhist concepts of reincarnation make sense to me but did you experience something that proves reincarnation is real? If so what yogic method did you use? Or is this statement made on faith?

I could care less for siddhis but if I was able to experience that reincarnation is in fact real (just like how an individual has to experience "God" for themselves),  that would help me surrender to life much more than I already do now.

Edit: Sorry for the typos and double copy/paste. I'm a new user to the forum

Edited by ThrowAway

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

As body/mind and entities we are as humans, no one is equal. Only on paper, and maybe opportunities in business. 

From a rational perspective - yes.

From a relative perspective - it is relative to how you define "equal"

From an absolute perspective - no. Not only are all humans equal. But, humans, dogs, trees, paper clips, diapers, sunsets etc. are all equal.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not really changed my mind, it's just a consequence of being THE ALL. The All is all things at all times. So there is no one you will not be.

Leo do you mean this literally? This is the biggest part of your absolute infinity/god videos that has fucked with me. You mean that you and I (as deviations of the same one God) are literally the same being manifest in different forms. So I am my mom and my dad and my third grade math teacher I just have no awareness of this?

@CreamCat good video. 

On a side note, Teal Swan is certainly somewhat interesting to me. I've only seen a couple of videos by her. Her suicide one was pretty cool. I don't mind her as a "new ager" compared to people like Ralph Smart. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 17.9.2018 at 5:52 AM, Leo Gura said:

I think god cares the least, that's why he is creating even more hells in his infinitely perfect disneyland.

The "Be a good human being or I'll slap you" teachings by Mr. Dickinson are limited.

Nothing personal.

Edited by Timotheus

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

I think in the eyes of God all is equal.

My my perspective is more like the following video........ Not that there isn't necessarily value in people/animals.

Inequality, not sure what that even means, if reality/being just is. Got to be some element to it, I think it's mostly political, thought it was interesting listening to the history of the Peloponnesian War that the Athenian Democrats complained about exacting tribute from smaller states, "thinking that because we are a democracy, that they are our equals." Funny part later in the book when many of the men were freaking out from a particular town(more like village in modern numbers) allied to Athens, under-siege by arrow fire, trying to commit suicide with the arrow heads. Before they were all killed, and the women and children sold into slavery and the town turned into a colony of Thebes, didn't mess around then. Hilarious that they made a fairly well, although not well enough put together argument beforehand. The clincher being yeah Thebes sold out Greece to the Persians, but you guys were offered the opportunity to remain neutral, maybe it would have made a difference, maybe not.

On 16/9/2018 at 11:23 PM, CreamCat said:

@Leo Gura You're not serious. Nobody would seriously think I'm an SJW. I am not a communist, either.

To be an SJW, I should be angry and pushy about preceived social injustices. And, the perceptions should often be wrong and illusional. My perception of justice is being deconstructed.

The ultimate goal of communism is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

I don't really care if governments exist or not, or if there is common ownership or not. I just want the bottom to be raised somehow.

@CreamCat chilax creamcat, he's not being serious as hinted by the winky face following the comment.. it seems like a bit of playful mockery to me, as suggested by the wikipedia definition of a SJW:

Social justice warrior (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism,[1][2] as well as identity politics.[3] The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and engaging in disingenuous arguments.[5]

from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

: P