zunnyman

understanding “letting go” of fear based thoughts

4 posts in this topic

These days I can think of atleast 2 specific fears that come up in the form of various monkey mind thoughts and physical body sensations. Since these fears are there for a long time, they tend to delude me sometimes affecting the course of my actions in life. Anyways, since I want to erradicste these fears and deal with them, would “letting go” whenever a fear based thought arises, help deal with the fear overall in leaving the body and mind or does it just temporarily relax you. I usually tend to sit down and face the fear head on allowing it to arise into consciousness (Leo’s dealing with strong negative emotions video). After seeing leo’s body awareness video, and experiencing immediate effects, I want to apply this “24/7” but also was wondering if this is effective in facing fears head on, and erradicating them over time. 

@zunnyman

Yes. Awareness is curative: by not avoiding the sensations, you’ll become aware of how your current level of understanding / perspective / perception is causing them, because that’s what the sensations are telling you, - and you won’t see things that way anymore. While in the suppression phase, it’s ‘roped off’ from awareness. It’s happening inside you, but there is not awareness of what’s happening, as if it’s a blurred out spot that goes unnoticed. Metaphorically, it becomes as clear as.  “wait, I’m smashing my hand with the hammer?” “Why am I doing that?” “I’m definitly not going to do that anymore”.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I very much agree with you and Nahm. When facing these emotions it helps to completely allow them to be and to face them with love. This poem by Rumi always provides great comfort to me:

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

Great insights guys, guess facing the fear head on is more effective then