Uchira

On psychedelics

8 posts in this topic

So it is being obvious that leo gura is encouraging us to take more psychedelic. I am not taking Leo Gura as the issue, i am just trying to give an answer to the question like '' is taking DMT, LSD, and Psychedelic mushrooms really actually helpful to our personal growth?'' and '' Do we have to take those drugs to personally grow?''

I imagine I am in the minority on this forum.

Personally, I am listening and studying regarding the benefits of using pharmacotherapy-assisted personal growth.  Although I have no experience, I'm sure they are helpful for personal development, but certainly not necessary.  This may depend on what your goals are in personal development (ex. maturity, actualization, enlightenment, etc?)

At this time, I am abstaining from these practices.  Historically, I am not an "early adopter" as admittedly, I am risk-adverse.  But also, I genuinely love my life, love my family, love my career, and I am making daily progress in my personal development practices, maturity and growth.  Perhaps these are earthly duality ego-based traps, but I am okay with that at this time.  I am both content with myself, and working to improve myself--simultaneously.  I have reservations about the potential of what psychedelics could do to my mental health and mindset; even with an apparent small risk, I am not willing to take that risk.  

I am pretty sure psychedelics have more to offer than I am aware, but I am also pretty sure there are more risks associated with psychedelic use than (most) on this forum realize.

@Uchira There's only one way to find out ;);)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Psychedelics are tools on the Path, but a lot of people overuse psychedelics.  I haven't done psychedelics since last April.  Do I wanna do psychedelics?  Sort of.  But I also realize I don't need psychedelics to have insights.  I don't wanna become dependent on psychedelics for my insights.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Uchira said:

So it is being obvious that leo gura is encouraging us to take more psychedelic. I am not taking Leo Gura as the issue, i am just trying to give an answer to the question like '' is taking DMT, LSD, and Psychedelic mushrooms really actually helpful to our personal growth?'' and '' Do we have to take those drugs to personally grow?''

IME, it can be disruptive to personal development Psychedelics have led me to deeply question the nature of my existence and reality. It has beaten up and fragmented my personality. Yet, I have the sense that I’m beginning to see what lies beneath the personality - that which is true.

Based on my experience, I would recommend psychedelics for truth seeking - but not for personality growth and development.

Imagine watching a movie and getting immersed into the movie. . . Would you rather allow the characters to continue developing or that a bright light be shined on the movie so you can see it’s a movie screen? Psychedelics are that bright light. They show you the nature of reality - not how to develop a character.

That’s been my experience. There are many other experiences out there.

It depends on the substance and the intent

I strongly believe that everyone should try at some point under guidance or with mature intent

Also be wary of chasing the bliss

Edited by Barry J

It is helpful to personal growth. It actually really depends on your intention on what you get out of it. My self-esteem and confidence grew exponentially just from my first trip. Is it necessary? Necessary is a strong word, it is totally possible to grow without them, but psychedelics will help you grow and mature much faster than probably anything out there.