Torkys

Extra tips for developing body awareness

8 posts in this topic

This summer, I did a retreat where I focused on following my authentic desires more than anything else. During those 6 days, I realized that getting in touch with one's body is getting in touch with one's emotions, desires, and intuition so I started to practice that.

There are some tips and insights I have for you which I got from this practice:

• Stretch your body after waking up. The body tends to be rigid after sleep.
  • Try to adjust the temperature of the water you shower with such that it doesn't numb nor leave the body with unnecessary suffering.
  • Try to sleep with the least possible number of clothes on. Because being naked is taboo, society has disconnected us from our bodies.
  • Try to develop awareness of your Heart. The Love and Awareness that destroys Resistance comes from it (in all of the dimensions). You can have an experience of Yin and Yang that way - the Heart taking in and nurturing Resistance is Yin, moving and purging it out of the body is Yang.
  • All perceived problems start and end in the Body.

Feel free to post your tips below!

You can ignore this but your input would be appreciated @Solace

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Great insights thank you.

I don't understand why you should  neither shower hot or cold. For me a cold shower is a good wake-up call for the body. Or hot-cold showers!

More tips:

Check bioenergetics. These techniques are specifically developed to break emotional blockages and make your body more alive. 

Also observe how eating and drinking effect your body. For me coffee is a heavy stimulant for my nervous system. It makes my stomach tense. 

What's the difference between a duck?

Every single emotion you’ve ever felt has been in the body. Contemplate that and you can become free from the slavery of the mind.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You have gained lots of awareness of your body, it’s quite the experience losing yourself to its beauty, and grace.

There is lots of things I do too like body scans before bed, feeling food digest, the weight of my feet on the Earth, even simple Asanas. But through out all of this I always stay aware of the Love in my Heart, because I know that this brings the energy of your Soul/God/Bliss into everything you do. That is the most important aspect of all of this, where are living life from?

You can be aware of your body, but as long as you are lost in a imaginary story in your head, you will suffer. So keep it simple, stay in the heart, and feel what you have been searching for, and if you can’t feel the Unconditonal Love trust it will come  From that place you can be aware of you body on a much deeper level. The Heart has made me sensitive to my chakras, and slight movements in the muscles. It relaxes all of the subconscious tension we hold naturally, and effortlessly; and even increases the vibratory frequency of our cells. 

So for for the deepest body awareness, to feel a sense of oneness with the body, and then every form that arises make sure to have Heart awareness. But once you find the infinite Bliss that resides in there would you then desire to be aware of your body, or to bask more in that Bliss with your awareness? 

Namaste ?And great topic!

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

What I find really helpful is releasing I tend to only pop my weight on one foot when doing a task stood up e.g. brushing teeth, cooking. I should be stood firmly, with weight distributed evenly throughout each foot firmly on the ground. I also activate my Mula Bandha (pelvic floor) when doing anything stood up, bending, crawling, basically any posture which isn't rest positions. I find this also increases my body awareness. 

I also lead from my centre at all times, out of the mind and from my centre (core).

2 hours ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

I don't understand why you should  neither shower hot or cold. For me a cold shower is a good wake-up call for the body. Or hot-cold showers!

That tip was a bit personal to me. I am not used to cold showers and hot ones numb me. I'll try to rephrase it, thank you.

@Solace I really liked that comment. Thank you for being here with us ♥

Thank you all so far! :)

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I've been working on body awareness too lately. I noticed that paradoxically, tension is passive and relaxation actually active. so whenever I remember, I try to actively relax all my muscles. dancing is also a lovely way to connect to our body <3

whatever arises, love that

Thanks for all your sharing everybody. 

Personnaly, what helps me is to use the label technique from the mindfulness méditation ( Leo shoted a video about it ) : 

So, during my day when I am walking, standing, working or so, I am using the label "feel", it helps me ! 

And also guided dance meditation, I love this guided dance meditation : 

I noticed that I am very often in my head and I need to connect with my body, since I have watched the video of Leo yesterday, I am already feeling more relax and at peace during my daily life. 

Much love <3 :)