Uchira

Is smoking weed actually helpful to spirituality?

5 posts in this topic

I have been smoking weed, not everyday since last year. I have tried not to smoke again and concluded that smoking cannabis is not for me. But lately, i am considering that how can i be productive, meditate and feel my spiritual part of me getting help from THC in my blood. i am re-thinking that what if i was just failed to do it properly. Actually, i have already had few pots. So i want to hear something you guys?

Search the forum, this has been discussed about. Check out username: pluto posts on weed. 

To some extend it can be helpful but also to some extend it can keep you stagnate

Yes and no.  That’s why it’s tricky.  It’s not one or the other.  Yes in the sense that it can get you focused inwards.  No in the sense that it can cause you to become massively addicted and distracted. People who think weed is not addictive have really sold us a goose egg for whatever motivation they have to do so.  Weed is incredibly addictive and can lead to all kinds of distractions as well.  But there are some amazing things about weed that can can help you with Personal Development Work.  Weed makes you very introspective.  I call weed the Philosopher’s Drug.  You can do self-inquiry like a champ on weed.  I’m ready to stop smoking weed 100% now, but I’ve gotten the full benefit from weed.  Quitting is a very personal choice.  It’s not like weed is either all good or all bad, it depends on the context of who you’re talking about.  And then even in that specific life you’re talking about, weed has its pros and cons.  Weed can also get you very distracted into art in various forms from playing video games to playing a musical instrument to just sitting around watching TV even.  Weed draws you into Thought and Experience a.k.a. Maya and therefore can function as a tool of the Devil.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I find it to be a massive benefit at times in my life and a distraction at others. The key is to be in tune with why you're using it and make sure it's having the desired effects, not just decide it's "good" and now use it every day mindlessly, or "bad" and disavow it altogether.