billiesimon

Meditation? Self inquiry? Or both?

6 posts in this topic

I tried both in different months of this year, and I don't know which is better to self actualize.

My end goal for this stage of my life is to become:
more motivated
more productive
less scared of the future and of "negative consequences"
more socially free and extrovert
less pressured by societal judgement
more enthusiastic about life and less apathetic (I get a lot of apathetic/almost sad days and this makes me suffer a lot)

What should I focus more on to get these social and motivational results? Classic meditation or self inquiry?
I'm actually afraid that self inquiry might make me even more apathetic and idle about social life (when in fact I really really want to let go of social pressure).

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

@billiesimon

The issues you’re working on are the product of resistant thinking, thoughts against the self, manifesting as doubt, and fear. You are wise to face them, and you will be glad you did.

The meditation should slow those thoughts down, and give you some ‘spaciousness’ to more clearly observe the patterns at play, as well as allow your body some restorative time, and become more aware of awareness in general. 

That spaciousness, calmness, clarity and openmindedness are the most useful tools for self inquiry. 

If you are begining self inquiry, consider starting simple. A pen & paper, write down what and or who, you are. I suggest also utilizing google to look into things as you go. Deconstruct what you think you are by being deeply honest, and separating what is a thought or belief, from what is your own direct experience. 

Do this, just for the doing of this. There’s no incentive, or reward. 

Also consider, that through this proccess, you will discover things about yourself, and about what you want in this life. Have a dry erase board, or an easel & large pad, or something similar handy to write those things on as they arise. Apps are great, but these things are best written out physically. It will not initially appear so, but you are manifesting, and it is wise to have such things out in the open, where you see them everyday. You might find yourself needing a boost to get going on any particular day, so knowing how to change your state of mind is important too. 

Happy for you man! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@billiesimon

The issues you’re working on are the product of resistant thinking, thoughts against the self, manifesting as doubt, and fear. You are wise to face them, and you will be glad you did.

The meditation should slow those thoughts down, and give you some ‘spaciousness’ to more clearly observe the patterns at play, as well as allow your body some restorative time, and become more aware of awareness in general. 

That spaciousness, calmness, clarity and openmindedness are the most useful tools for self inquiry. 

If you are begining self inquiry, consider starting simple. A pen & paper, write down what and or who, you are. I suggest also utilizing google to look into things as you go. Deconstruct what you think you are by being deeply honest, and separating what is a thought or belief, from what is your own direct experience. 

Do this, just for the doing of this. There’s no incentive, or reward. 

Also consider, that through this proccess, you will discover things about yourself, and about what you want in this life. Have a dry erase board, or an easel & large pad, or something similar handy to write those things on as they arise. Apps are great, but these things are best written out physically. It will not initially appear so, but you are manifesting, and it is wise to have such things out in the open, where you see them everyday. You might find yourself needing a boost to get going on any particular day, so knowing how to change your state of mind is important too. 

Happy for you man! 

Very useful response!

But what kind of practice would be faster and more effective on killing the most corrupt parts of my ego?
I'm talking about social anxieties, status anxiety/persona anxiety, weak motivation to biuld my life on some days, a lot of self doubts, and a general under the skin fear of expressing my authenticity.

Of course also my "nicest" parts are ego, but I want to start by dissolving my worst egoic features. The ones who create fear, anxiety, paralysis in careers, and with socializing.
What kind of meditation or inquiry would help me the most?

Inquire in the now.

@billiesimon

The kind you do. 

Psychadelics can show you, but they can’t give it to you. 

The fastest thing you could do, right now - is jump into @Faceless‘s fragmentation thread, and don’t leave it until you see what he is saying. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

@billiesimon

The kind you do. 

Psychadelics can show you, but they can’t give it to you. 

The fastest thing you could do, right now - is jump into @Faceless‘s fragmentation thread, and don’t leave it until you see what he is saying. 

Thanks! I'm going to read it now.

Inquire in the now.