Barry J

Pot addiction

26 posts in this topic

I had a deep pot addiction like you. Smoked before work, and after. I also had deep experiences, and I convinced myself it was good for my consciousness work, even better than if sober. Then I had my first Ayahuasca ceremony and I got off it, and after I realized that the work I had been doing with pot didn't stick so well after I got sober. But now the inner work is much more stable and disciplined and has gotten much better. I realized how sneaky pot is, and how much I had been lying to myself and justified my pot use to actually be good for me. If you get sober for a couple of months you will probably realize how sneaky pot can be. Also after I started doing Kriya Yoga it has motivated to not decrease my lung capacity as I want to get better and better at it.

5 hours ago, Outer said:

Pot is not a psychedelic.

Not a true psychedelic, but people often like to think of it as one and tell themselves they're using it as one.

It's important to distinguish between recreational and non-recreational uses of substances.

I do not encourage recreation usage. These substances are to be used for metaphysical investigation. Which means you trip hard and deep, rarely. As opposed to mild pleasure highs every other day.

Pot also affects people differently. Some people report more psychedelic effects.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Outer said:

All I want to settle is that marijuana is not a psychedelic drug.

Both pot and alcohol have certain properties that psychedelics have.  Don't get so lost in difference that you miss sameness.  I'm not going to argue this here, but people who know this will know it without any argument needed.  Experience doesn't need any argument.  Argument is for people who lack experience.  Then you can argue anything, right, like a lawyer.  Both sides can be argued equally well when you don't have any horse in the race yourself.  But as soon as you have a horse in the race, argument becomes moot -- it becomes mental masturbation.  Thought is for speculators, but your life is not a speculation.  In fact, the true Self is the only thing that's not a speculation.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Thanks all. It is definitely psychedelic to me and the effects move into psychedelic realm with high doses. I’ve had most psychedelics and would consider pot similar to all in some ways. But it’s a doubled edged sword where pot awakens or creates a strong ego that co exists with the insights gained

I also got promoted at work and received bonuses for creative problem solving and client relations. It’s not been a train wreck for me in any way you see. However it feels like a crutch so it’s time to go back to boring town :)