Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

Hindi and Sanskrit

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I want to ask you, if some of you have tried learning Hindi or Sanskrit in order to better understand all the wisdom that comes from India. I am thinking about learning these languages, as I also have friends who speak Hindi. What are your opinions or experiences, if you have some?

@bejapuskas Your time would be better invested in simply exploring your direct experience more with practices like Kriya yoga, self-inquiry, meditation, psychedelics, contemplation, etc.

Any wisdom available in Sanskrit is available in English. The deepest wisdom is simple, not complex, so it is easy to translate.

Is your goal to become a scholar or to self-actualize?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sure you can learn Hindi. It's declared the official language of India. 50-80 % of ppl in major cities speak it, along with their native local language. It's marketable. If you learn it fully, you could use it as a career or a skill. Hindi came from Sanskrit, a very beautiful original language, not really in use anymore. You can use these languages in your life purpose, if you choose to do it that way. Of course, you could also better understand the wisdom coming from India. The meaning does change when it's translated into English by someone else. If you truly want to know the original profound meaning, go for it! The sky is the limit. It's your choice. 

@Leo Gura @Key Elements  Ok... I am still not clear about my life-purpose... I should definitely think about that. It is not like I am in some kind of crisis, as I am 15, already on a good way as I am starting to solve humangous amount of problems for me that seemed impossible to get rid of before. 

Does the country we live in have any considerable effect on self-actualization? I am not trying to be the typical person who wants to solve all problems by moving to Thailand or something, but I see there are many more opportunities, gurus and even better foods in other countries, (talking about ripe fruits, that are difficult to obtain where I live) that it kind of seems mad to me staying in Czech republic, where I cannot find anything that good. 

14 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

if some of you have tried learning Hindi or Sanskrit in order to better understand all the wisdom that comes from India.

Even if you know Hindi or Sanskrit , it is very difficult to understand meaning of the Indian scriptures. There are enlightened masters who have explained these texts in English.

@bejapuskas You're young. Go for it. Why not? I've always been discouraged by someone in learning another language and listened. That was to my disadvantage.

I knew someone who was working in Hyderabad, India, and he was from the US. He wanted to do a business (startup) and wanted to invest $ in it but couldn't afford to. He learned the local language, Telugu, in 6 months by reading, practicing, and speaking to others. What he did as a side job was charge tourists 2000-3000 rs per day to take them around the city in an auto (mini cab), teach them basic Telugu, and find an apartment if they are to stay there. I was impressed. He's bold and talented. 

You don't have to learn a language in 6 months. It's your choice, but knowing another language is to your advantage. 

@bejapuskas https://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

This is the Defense language institute for U.S. marines and U.S. Army personal which developed a the hours needed for an english speaker to become fluent in language. Hindi is beautiful and not so hard of language. Its grammar is similar to english. You can see the world from new perspective from this language. India is fastest growing population in the world which will replace china in upcoming years. Business and economy is also growing in India, so starting a buisness there not so hard. You can learn it and go visit india and meet with gurus who can aid you on your self-discovery journey. But as leo said, you are going to be scholar or genius in learning a new language. you may even lose it within couple of years if you don't use it. You are better reading couple of books and going on self-discovery path.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)