Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finland3286

Neti Neti Method Issue

6 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's video on the Neti Neti method a few days ago. In the video Leo talks about you being a constant or something I interpreted as being a presence. I'm having trouble with this as isn't me thinking that I am a constant just another baseless assumption along the lines of me assuming I am the body or I am the mind? Because if I do this method I just hear this idea that i'm a constant and if I take that as truth it's just another assumption. Also if you are a constant and you become conscious of this through becoming enlightened would that mean that you are aware when you sleep in a way? (Just an interesting inquiry there.)

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

20 minutes ago, Finland3286 said:

Also if you are a constant and you become conscious of this through becoming enlightened would that mean that you are aware when you sleep in a way? (Just an interesting inquiry there.)

yes. your TRUE self always is. it is always present

the sleep part. think of it this way

if you were able to break your experience frame by frame

then sleep would be something like this:

(assuming for this example, a dreamless deep-sleep happened)

frame 1: you going to bed laying down

frame 2: closing your eyes

frame 3: waiting for the sleep

frame 4: last moment you recall you're awake before the sleep kicks in

frame 5: you wake up

you see, frame 4 and frame 5

there is no frame in between. last thing you know before going to sleep is when your eyes are closed and then next thing you know you're waking up

sure "time" has passed and you feel more energized if you had a good enough sleep but that's just it

it's an endless experience without a break

since your 1st memory that you remember and going onwards from there, you've always been here, without a pause. 

and if you dream, then after frame 4, the next frame is the experience of the dream, whatever it is

also, know this that you never know when/how/from where you got into the dream. it just is and you just go with the flow

and notice how this compares with your own experience of being born... you dont have an experience of being born, you just were "alive" 

always alive

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei this issue of 'what happens why I sleep' has had me puzzled for ages! And I found your frame by frame explanation amazing! This really helps, thanks!

@Finland3286 

The intention is “not that”, the difficulty is being aware of the mind wondering, but stay with “not that”. 

4 hours ago, Finland3286 said:

isn't me thinking that I am a constant just another baseless assumption along the lines of me assuming I am the body or I am the mind?

Yes, it’s a thought, neti neti. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Finland3286 said:

isn't me thinking that I am a constant just another baseless assumption along the lines of me assuming I am the body or I am the mind?

Yes, of course!

What you're missing is the distinction between thinking vs being.

Thought != Being

Thought of being != Being

The whole point of neti neti is to stop all thought. Once all thoughts die down, whatever is left, is pure being.

Whatever your true nature is, you are it prior to thought.

The actuality of what you are is a constant. But holding that as a thought is not it.

What are you when you are not thinking about yourself?

Don't think the answer!!!

BE it!

P.S. Yes, you can be conscious of Infinity in your sleep. Happens to me occasionally. It's really cool. You exist as an infinite singularity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.