Barna

Why is it that almost nobody is teaching about courage?

39 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, Barna said:

Hey @Martin123 , I think you understand me. The courage to fight back the bullies is not the deepest courage. The courage I'm talking about is the courage to love the bullies, the courage to let yourself feel compassion towards them. 

Some nice radical empathy right there. :x

29 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Some nice radical empathy right there. :x

When people did something unfair to me, many times I wished they had some sort of punishment, so that they get to the receiving side of the unfairness. One time I thought something like "I hope you will experience the same unfairness in your next life". And then came the AHA moment, and I realized that it's already happening. I AM their next life. I am the same consciousness that is in them.

That was the last time when I took seriously a thought about punishment. 

This was unrelated to the topic of courage, I just felt like sharing :D

@Barna I’ve spent a lot of time contemplating responsibility and punishment. I find it interesting how passionately opinionated people can be on this. Especially regarding crimes

“Experience life in all possible ways --
good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light,
summer-winter. Experience all the dualities.
Don't be afraid of experience, because
the more experience you have, the more
mature you become.” 
― Osho

Here is some courage for you! :D

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Do you all think that the nature of courage is different for Blue, Orange and Green?

What is courage like for Blue?. . . I would say the pinnacle would be military medals of honor.

What is courage like for Orange? . . . I would say a whistle-blower of white-color crimes within their company.

What is courage like for Green? . . . Colin K. taking a knee during the national anthem. 

4 hours ago, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

“Experience life in all possible ways --
good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light,
summer-winter. Experience all the dualities.
Don't be afraid of experience, because
the more experience you have, the more
mature you become.” 
― Osho

Here is some courage for you! :D

That's what I'm talking about. Some sages can really live on the edge. Did you see the video about Sadhguru when he drank cobra venom? He tripped on cobra venom in front of his audience. That guy is awesome. :D

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you all think that the nature of courage is different for Blue, Orange and Green?

What is courage like for Blue?. . . I would say the pinnacle would be military medals of honor.

What is courage like for Orange? . . . I would say a whistle-blower of white-color crimes within their company.

What is courage like for Green? . . . Colin K. taking a knee during the national anthem. 

For Yellow it could be changing one's career to help others in a more meaningful way. 

For Turquoise it could be having the willingness to be crucified for the benefit of all. 

21 minutes ago, Barna said:

For Turquoise it could be having the willingness to be crucified for the benefit of all. 

Could we just slow down a little?
How about a party for the wellbeing of all... I think that sounds like a much better idea...!

Freaking Jesus... setting unrealistic standards for all young aspiring messiahs. 

Jesus is the reason why a 12yo spiritual boys check themselves in front of a mirror all the time and weep and weep and weep while putting nails in their hands... they just wanna be included!!! |STOP|THIS|

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 Pain and death don't go against love. Nothing goes against love, everything is made of love.

Pain is just an intense sensation. When you don't resist pain, it turns into euphoria. Alan Watts talks about it in more detail in one of his lectures. He says that professional torturers know that they have to break the subject before the subject starts to enjoy the pain. 

I guess for Jesus, being crucified was one of the most ecstatic experience of his life. What can be a bigger "party" than that? :D

But I agree with you, it shouldn't be expected from anybody to do the same as Jesus did. I think the teachings about the life of Jesus should have been secret teachings. Everyday folks are simply not ready for this. If we look at the history of Christianity, I think we can agree that Christianity did more harm then good. 

But I dare you and I dare myself to experiment with pain. Play with it. Just to see that it's not something to be afraid of. :)

@Barna Mhhhm no thank you I do not care for experimenting with pain :D
Frankly I dont need to. Pain will find me when its time to be transformed...I do see benefit to all pain, every painful moment is a moment of transformation, just like Jesus on the cross was being transformed.

But after the crucifiction, what else is there to come but the resurrection. It perfectly describes the process of transformation, every death is a moment of transformation, every pain reduces us to ashes just so we can rise like a phoenix, more bright and radiant than before.

I am not afraid of pain, pain knows my address and its been knocking on my door every day for the past 3 years. But that doesnt mean I like the experience of it. I mean... lets be honest its awful I hate it :D Ive been in so much pain that I prayed to god to take me out because I cant take it anymore. And even that doesnt stop me from facing it. 

I think when we try to make pain into pleasure, it can be a subtle form of denial. I appreciate the honesty of saying "I hate pain, I dont like pain, but I can acknowledge that it is a moment of transformation."

@Martin123 What do you mean by "facing fear"? 

I'm not saying that you should try to transform pain into pleasure. You don't have to "do" anything with pain. Just see it as it is. Without resistance. 

Have you ever tried to embrace the pain as the perfect contributor to the present moment? Not transforming the pain, but embracing it as it is. 

Have you ever tried to love the pain? 

Have you ever tried to surrender to the pain? Did you ever tell the pain: "Kill me now, I'm yours. No mercy for me"

Have you ever tried to simply not resist to the pain? 

Just for the record, my answer to all the questions above is: "Me neither" :D

I'm not trying to teach anybody other than myself. When I write on this forum I'm not addressing anybody, I'm just talking to myself in public. :D

33 minutes ago, Barna said:

I'm not trying to teach anybody other than myself. When I write on this forum I'm not addressing anybody, I'm just talking to myself in public.

Mmmm I know what you mean.
Thats kinda shame tho you are such a lovely dude and have so much to share, dont just talk to yourself! Talk to others :-) 

@Barna Accept being a coward, embrace it, in order to discover courage. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

13 hours ago, Barna said:

For Yellow it could be changing one's career to help others in a more meaningful way. 

Very good Barna!

On 9/20/2018 at 8:57 PM, Martin123 said:

Mmmm I know what you mean.
Thats kinda shame tho you are such a lovely dude and have so much to share, dont just talk to yourself! Talk to others :-) 

You asked on your thread about our core wounds. Mine is neglect, so I don't know how to take compliments. But thanks :) 
Of course I'm not just talking to myself. It was kind of a joke, non-dual slang, because who are others if they are not myself? :D 

On 9/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, Hellspeed said:

@Barna Accept being a coward, embrace it, in order to discover courage. 

Of course I'm a coward. If the ego had the courage to permanently let go then awakening would happen immediately.

2 hours ago, Barna said:

You asked on your thread about our core wounds. Mine is neglect, so I don't know how to take compliments. But thanks :) 
Of course I'm not just talking to myself. It was kind of a joke, non-dual slang, because who are others if they are not myself?

I understand :D Its a cool joke. BUt lets just start with you individually that deserves all the love in the world <3 .  The rest of "You" can wait a minute, you are the center of the attention. And why shouldnt you be, gosh out of all people on the forum I gotta say you have been on of the sweetest folks to interact with. I am really sensitive to peoples energy, and yours has a wonderful glow around it, and I wanna give you all the credit in the world for that. <3 

@Martin123 when you burst out like this I cannot receive it. For my ego it sounds fake, pretentious. 
Sometimes I talk like this to spiritual girls but now I see that it can look very creepy. Thank you for the lesson :) 

39 minutes ago, Barna said:

when you burst out like this I cannot receive it. For my ego it sounds fake, pretentious

Exactly that’s why I am motivated to say these words to you. No matter how strange it sounds to your mind, it’s only telling you that it’s unfamiliar to your nervous system. Doesn’t change the fact that you deserve the love that will transform your entire being. :) ❤️

@Barna And also no matter the discomfort in your body, you deserve to receive the abundant loving reality of your radiant being as your birthright. Just know that dearest heart. You are god, first and foremost, the rest of the world can wait, for it is your sacred presence that will bring peace to all hearts.