Manjushri

I feel well rested only when I sleep 10+ hours

30 posts in this topic

Uni's gonna start soon and I probably won't be able to sleep this much. What can I do to reduce my sleep time? If I sleep less than 10 hours, I feel not fully rested, unable to enjoy life to the fullest, be conscious, etc. 

Do you masturbate ?

Do you meditate ?

Do you work-out ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

19 minutes ago, fabriciom said:

Stop thinking.

Thats the best way to save energy.

How ?

God is love

And God in them

Don't use your phone or any other electronic devices 1 hour before going to sleep and after waking up. Most people who can't fall asleep, go to sleep with phone in their hands, that shit won't work, put It away, turn of notifications/sounds and leave it alone.

Set fixed sleep routine (go to sleep, wake up at same time every day (atleast as much as possible)). This could be one of top techniques.

Ice f*cking cold shower right after waking up, no snoozing. Turn of alarm and jump in ice cold shower.

Meditate, before and after sleep. 

Healthy diet (go vegan!) and exercise is also vital for quality sleep.

Yeah, sounds like a lot, but all those things are a must and extremely beneficial in many different ways, not just sleep.

This all will definitely work? How I'm so sure? I was exactly in the same position, even 8 hours felt like 4, was tired all day and couldn't fall asleep, after slowly implementing all those techniques I sleep really well, not mentioning 101 other benefit from this.

Edited by RabbitHole

2 hours ago, Shin said:

How ?

Meditation, watch the mind, seek the silence and stillness. 

Live in the self, focus on being.

Pay attention to the space and silence that is around us all the time. Ask your self as often as possible if you can hear the silence, can you feel the space.

To measure your progress, measure how long you can go listening to the silence before you get distracted or it just goes to the background.

Edited by fabriciom

If your an emotional person with high levels of stress you'll suffer with energy depletion meditate and relax more maybe?

@Gligorije How old are you? If you're between 14 to 22, you're still basically a teenager and will require more sleep than an adult in their 30s or 40s.

It also very much depends on how you use your mind and body, how much you work, how much you study, etc.

It's also a good ideas to optimize your sleep environment by lightproofing your whole bedroom, getting a good mattress, and eliminating noise.

Diet also affects your sleep a lot. Cut back on carbs, wheat, and junk food.

You might also want to get your thyroid hormone levels checked. Underactive thyroid is very common these days, causing fatigue and sleepiness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Gligorijeclean diet + exercise. Sleep same time everyday and wake at the same. Make a habit of sleeping 7 - 8 hours and stick with it. When I was in the army they forced us sleep for 4 hours each day. Thought I was gonna die but after a while I get used to it. 

I feel like a lot of it has to do with your mental state, as well as external factors.

If you are motivated and driven by something, its much easier to spend less time sleeping.

You've mentioned starting University, maybe you just found yourself at a transition point between high-school and college, not sure what to expect and where to move forwards. If that's the case, your psychological state is normal and it will pass.

Keep in mind though, that 8 or at best 9 hours of sleep, if you are doing lots of meditation/exercise, is enough for the human body. More than that, and it's just your mind coming up with reasons to be lazy and escape reality.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@Gligorije If it makes you feel better I sleep 12-35 hours about twice a week. That is in one sitting. I sleep through alarms loud enough for deaf people. I'm always exhausted at the same time, especially after I wake up from the the 12-35 hour nights. I would say on average per week I have 3 normal nights of sleep, 2 12-35 hours, and 2 10-15 hours of sleep.

Make a keep log where you record your go to sleep time and wake up time for 30 days.  Don’t start time when you go to bed but rather when you go to sleep.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I would recommend buying a sleep tracker.

Im using Apple Watch App Autosleep.

This gives you the ability to measure your sleep quality and to see if the steps you are taking are improving your sleep quality over time.

E4D3374F-5EA0-4965-8DD4-B01D2ECBE217.png

15 hours ago, fabriciom said:

Meditation, watch the mind, seek the silence and stillness. 

Live in the self, focus on being.

Pay attention to the space and silence that is around us all the time. Ask your self as often as possible if you can hear the silence, can you feel the space.

To measure your progress, measure how long you can go listening to the silence before you get distracted or it just goes to the background.

There is still monkey mind though.

A clear mind all the time is something to strive towards, but even monks will tell you it's hard, even for them.

God is love

And God in them

Also we are sleeping all throughout the day let alone in the night, dreaming up this reality of separation with simply none other than thoughts. Another good contemplation for you.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Shin said:

There is still monkey mind though.

A clear mind all the time is something to strive towards, but even monks will tell you it's hard, even for them.

There will always be monkey mind. We are human and thats how our body works. ¿Can you stop your heart from beating? ¿Can you stop your lungs from breathing? ¿The cells from doing what ever they are doing?

I dont know any monks. I do know that as long as I stay present and conscious the monkey stays away.

30 minutes ago, fabriciom said:

There will always be monkey mind. We are human and thats how our body works. ¿Can you stop your heart from beating? ¿Can you stop your lungs from breathing? ¿The cells from doing what ever they are doing?

I dont know any monks. I do know that as long as I stay present and conscious the monkey stays away.

I thought you were implying you can have a clear mind all the time ?

God is love

And God in them