Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roman25

Be glad that your life has no meaning

14 posts in this topic

I often see people in the loop of getting depressed over the fact that their life has no objective meaning. I even found myself In the same loop so hopefully this thread will help you. I'd like to say that it's dumb to be depressed over this if you really think about it. If your life had meaning then you would be much more of a slave than you already are. Society already controls a lot of your life so if a bearded man in the clouds assigned meaning to your life then you would not be reading this comment or doing anything else you love to do since you'd just be a slave. The beauty of life is that our lives don't have meaning but we can come up with things that we want to do in our lives. Let's say a father gives birth to a daughter and this father is a cruel and crazy man. He uses the daughter as a slave to clean up the house constantly and cook food. He assigned meaning to her life but why should she care that her life has meaning when it's a horrible reason to live? You would be no different than this girl if your life had meaning. The very idea of you wanting for your life to be meaningful is absurd in my eyes. If there truly was a man in the clouds who had infinite power, do you really think that he will use such power in a positive way? Definitely not.

There is no such thing as your life.

The meaning of why you are here its whatever you are doing right now. Because that is what you are doing right now.

Sometimes I often find myself looking at the lives of human beings from an outside perspective. From the perspective of a human being, its so meaningless for us to see thousands of ants die in front of our lives under some magnifying glass or in some water. Its also pretty meaningless to us when we see those bee exterminators on Youtube destroy the hell out of a huge beehive, the bees get angry, the exterminator vacuums the bees into some liquid that causes them to die, takes their honey, and kills the queen and all the eggs. To the bees that must be some devastating shit. To us, it's like who cares those bees created a huge beehive on my fucking property, kill them all. Because from our perspective, all we care about is ourselves.

So what about mass shootings? What happened in Vegas? In the schools? That shit is terrifying for us. But what about from the outside perspective? Meaningless. If reality is infinite, and science hasn't discovered all the planets due to a lack of resources, then imagine what is out there. There could be a planet much bigger than Earth with humans 2.0 who learn 2x faster, grow muscles 2x faster, 80% of them are psychologically healthy, their overall environment is healthy, with insects and animals 2.0 with fucking nature 2.0. Expand your imagination even further, humans 3.0 on planet Earth X. Our Earth must just be a spec of sand you find on the beach.

I also think of huge events, concerts, sporting events, and raves. They're as meaningless as those thousands of huge ants with wings flying around in the spring and summer time. What about materialistic things? To us its all great, but its not different than an ant discovering a tiny piece of sugar and bringing it to his little ant hole to share with his little ant friends

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@fabriciom  Are you saying that because you discovered some amazing theory that you heard through a video? Or did you actually go through several mystical and spiritual experiences for yourself?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter there is nothing mystical or magical about it. Yes I have had some great discoveries but it's not what you think it is.

I would suggest you stop searching for unicorns and rainbows.

You will not walk on water or turn it into wine.

it's constant work and I'm not saying I'm done with it. At least I continue to discover new things.

@fabriciom I never said anything about anything being magical with unicorns and rainbows or walking on water. You’re making so many assumptions here.

I ask those questions because there’s a lot of guys out there who tend to tend to have this “spiritual ego” where they tend to lie to themselves and create an identity around being enlightened only because they watch spiritual related videos and do psychedelics and read the power of now by eckhart tolle. So I’m just trying to make sure you’re not one of those guys.

But the fact that you commented that “there is no such thing as your life” tells me that you don’t understand perspectives. You think that telling someone that will allow them to grow and to be like “oh! That gave me an epiphany about the meaning of reality now I’m enlightened thanks for your comment!” To most people that doesn’t make any sense and telling them won’t allow them to come to that realization. So that’s another reason why I question you, maybe you just finished watching Leo’s Enlightenment videos and suddenly you think you’re enlightened. But if you really did have some spiritual experiences and that is the place that you authentically come from then great, but telling everyone deep truths like that won’t help them suddenly grow out of nowhere.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:24 PM, fabriciom said:

There is no such thing as your life.

The meaning of why you are here its whatever you are doing right now. Because that is what you are doing right now.

I feel like this comes from the idea that:

All is mind and you are a creation/manifestation of such mind. Literally everything and anything you do is purely 100% intentional. But to us the meaning ultimately boils down to: Just exist.

@7thLetter There is nothing that anyone can say to you that will make you “wake up” all of the suden.

What you call perspective is simply association with though. If you keep believing in things, your thoughts, you aren’t moving in the right direction.

If you think that everyone that gives you a pointer is just ego I would suggest you look inside. When you recognised something in someone else thats because you recognise it in your self to begin with.

I tried LSD once and do not recommend doing drugs. I’ve never seen any of Leo’s videos. I have read the power of now and recommend it.

Edited by fabriciom

@Shadowraix Not all is a creation of the mind. Believes, thoughts, ideas yes. 

The mind can't create what nature does, it can filter and modify the perception but something as beautiful as a flower can not be created by the human mind.

The things we do are intentional when the mind has full control. As you start to wake, you are able to see those intentions and decide if to execute or ignore.

There is no meaning other than realising what you are.

Edited by fabriciom

What is your definition of "life"?

Life as a separate identity going to school, getting married, having kids, retiring and dying?

Life as in that who is breathing, feeling, seeing?

Life as in that who is experiencing and observing?

Life as in all that which is appearing?

I am not sure if "all that is appearing" has no meaning. But maybe the "separate story of me" has no meaning. But even that... I am not sure. 

Edited by Brittany

@fabriciom Nothing you said there was clear. Your sentences are not complete.

But you are right about recognising something in someone else because you recognise it in yourself. That is true to some extent, but that doesn’t have to mean I CURRENTLY have that psychological dysfunction in myself. It could mean that I was that way in the past, I grew out of it and now I can see it in others. Ignorant people can’t really see the ignorance in others and themselves, they would have to grow out of their own ignorance to be able to see it around them.

I have a feeling you are ignoring the importance of the psychological aspect of reality. Embodying the Spiritual practices are great but its good to understand and embody psychological practices as well. You will be lost if you only pursue one. So I would recommend you watch Leo’s videos and applying them. How could you be on Actualized.org forums without watching his videos?

@7thLetter I am sorry that you can not understand what im talking about. I do understand you very easily.

You do seem to like talking about ignorance (judgement) and analyse things/people. If you have read about the ego you should know this is where these actions come from.

I came to the forum to find people like me. I found the same as you did. I have stayed because its entertaining. 

I did not know I had to watch Leo's videos to participate in the forums.

Let me throw in a suggestion if you don't mind. Lets stop talking about you or me and make it about the OP.

@fabriciom Its not that I don’t understand what you’re talking about, its just that you made some typos so it wasn’t clear.

I haven’t read a book that focuses mainly on the ego itself, but I do have some understanding of the whole thing based on my own experiences, other people and many videos. So I do understand that my complex analysis tends to be my own mental projection. It could be because of my interest in psychology and philosphy. It could be my personality, the current paradigm I live in, also it could be that its entertaining to me. Its fun so why not? I like being able to understand reality and other people.

Didn’t say you can’t participate in the forums if you don’t watch the videos. Just asking how could you be here without watching the videos.

Sure I will take that suggestion from now on. Although I did make a post replying to the OP if you didn’t see that one above, and he hasn’t replied so, oh well.

15 hours ago, fabriciom said:

@Shadowraix Not all is a creation of the mind. Believes, thoughts, ideas yes. 

The mind can't create what nature does, it can filter and modify the perception but something as beautiful as a flower can not be created by the human mind.

The things we do are intentional when the mind has full control. As you start to wake, you are able to see those intentions and decide if to execute or ignore.

There is no meaning other than realising what you are.

I think you misinterpreted me. Language starts to break down here. If you have watched Leo's video on "What is Consciousness" or "What is intelligence" or read the Kyballion you will get a firmer understanding of what I mean by mind.

By everything is a creation of mind, its saying everything is mind/consciousness and when that manifests itself you get humans, animals, all of the perceived reality. Imagine a person in your head walking around a park. Its sort of like that but on a much more infinite limitless scale.

In this case Mind != human perception but it does include human perception since that too is a manifestation of mind.

If all is mind and a manifestation of mind then everything we do is nothing but a product of such a mind. Hence why its all intentional. It very closely relates to simulation theory.

I was first exposed to this notion through the Kyballion and later saw Leo too had some interesting perspectives on it.

Edited by Shadowraix