Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seaneyboyjazz

What to focus on?

10 posts in this topic

I'm conflicted on what to do. I really want to get my life purpose down and I'm in the lucky position in which my life purpose (involves music performance) is directly linked to what I'm doing in collage. I've discovered that I'm not going to have the time to pursue my life purpose and making it a profitable while also doing Enlightenment/Spiritual work  at the same time.  My original idea was to focus mostly on developing my life purpose and escaping wage slavery first and then moving more towards spiritual work  but that would mean I wouldn't have time to pursue stuff like yoga and self-inquiry for a least 3 years. I'm questioning if that's a wise choice or not. Would love to hear your guys opinions on the matter! 

Also disclaimer I'd still be able to have a 1 hour reading and mediation habit while pursing my life purpose. I just wouldn't have time to do Self Inquiry, Meditation and Yoga regularly.   

2 hours ago, seaneyboyjazz said:

I've discovered that I'm not going to have the time to pursue my life purpose and making it a profitable while also doing Enlightenment/Spiritual work  at the same time. 

This isn't true.

Edited by Brittany

Hi @seaneyboyjazz I don't understand why you can't make a living as a music performer AND work on your spiritual growth at the same time?

I don't see spirituality as being separate from anything we do in life. If you see it as being separate, then doesn't that go against the meaning of spirituality itself? And I don't think spiritual growth is a 'goal' you can pursue, similar to growing up isn't a goal but a natural occurrence that happens as time progresses.

If you see it as a goal, you risk being disappointed if you aren't spiritual after a certain amount of time working on it, right? I believe spirituality is a journey that happens throughout life, whether we do it consciously or not. Doing it consciously means we are mindful of what we do in the present, including making a living as a musician.

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@denydritz Thanks for the advice. Sorry I should of been more clear when I wrote that post. I didn’t mean I’d have no time for spiritual growth. I’d still be able to dedicate 2-3 hours on it.  I’d just couldn’t go hard on both. I couldn’t do let’s say 5-6 hours a day. And I was conflicted on which to go hard on first. At the moment I’m leaning towards life purpose. Also yeah you’re right about not seeing spiritual growth as a goal. That’s just my monkey mind trying to get in the way 😝

"the work" is very arbitrary. Music can take you to enlightenment. Your main direction in life should be aligning yourself to your values. Like Leo said in one of his videos, all spiritual work is you walking up the mountain with a iron rod so the chances of the lightning (enlightenment) hitting you are higher. 1 hour daily meditation sit wont hurt you and awareness comes naturally when you are doing something you enjoy. Trust the process my friend. Stop making distinctions where it is doing more harm than good. 

Develop moral qualities, become more conscious of your actions & set a daily practice where you are celebrating your existence whether that be meditation, yoga, music or many other things. 

You can do both! Don't forget, before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. Even when you become enlightened you'll still have the passion for music, why quit one for another? I'm pursuing a career in music as well, and am still working to keep up a 1 hour reading/meditation habit. As a matter of fact living out your passion is probably the most conscious thing you could do in your life. PM me some of your music when you have the chance, would love to hear it :)

In any case, the lightning rope needs to be bought high-quality. Personally, I bought a lightning rod for my house by company streamer. I bought a year ago, it helps me a lot and saves my roof. In any case, it still does not wear out. This indicates something about the quality of the product

You always have at least 2 to 3 hours of free time per day.

If you don't then you're lying to yourself or you work for 16+ hours a day.

If you want the moon, do not hide from the night
If you want a rose, do not run from the thorns
If you want love, do not hide from yourself

What to focus on?

Breath. 

And after is second nature to you that attention on the Thymus and the sound of Air coming in & out, then everything will come back to you, motivation, higher purpose, what do in life, etc. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.