Silvester

Is "The Work" Shadow work?

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if the process called the Work, created by Byron Katie, can be considered shadow work? 

If you would use it on past memories, maybe even situations of trauma, or to change a deeply seated belief, it should fall under that category, right? 

Sorry for this lame definition question

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Silvester Yes, of course. It’s a very strong shadow work process, but will also take you to enlightenment, because The Work is about unattaching from your long held beliefs. I recommend you buy the book ‘Loving What Is’ before you start, and also listen to the following audios: 

There’s a lot to learn about the process. If you want to see the progress of a friend of mine on The Work, here it is:

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Awesome! gosh I just love this process. I wasn't sure at first if the method isn't direct enough because you have to actively search for beliefs so to speak... but I guess if you do it long enough you’ll automatically stumble upon the hidden core belief.

@Silvester all you have to do is fill in a judge your neighbour worksheet. It can actually be quite pleasurable filling it in. It’s in her book ‘Loving What Is’, which again is a must-read. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@searchingserenity the book ‘Loving what is’. Also if you can listen to this podcast it would be very helpful: