Tistepiste

Why do enlightened people get married?

22 posts in this topic

eg. Eckhart Tolle

Why do they get married after their enlightenment? If you are truly enlightened with got rid of your ego, then why would one still marry one person?

You'd love everything and everyone equally. A leaf on the tree would mean the same as your wife.

So I have a hard time grasping this.

There is no problem in getting married. Maybe in the West marriage is failure. In the Eastern countries, people know that there is wild love at first and there is commitment love afterwards. In the West, I believe its only wild physical intimate love only and whenever the spark fades, people will just divorce and that's not healthy mentality. Wild love is temporary and I get what your saying, since enlightened people transcended all those temporary crap, why do they fall in the same trap they avoided through enlightenment. I believe it has many perspectives. The psychological perspective is that people dislike loneliness over long-term. Short term loneliness for self-actualization work is nice but not forever. Biology with spirituality perspective, you have very strong sexual energy from your sacral chakra that need to be extinguished in another person sacral chakra so that its reminder of the union or non-duality that occurs. Yes we crave union and non-duality even marriage and almost everything. We are ideological because we want others to be in union with us in train of thoughts and desires and needs.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

29 minutes ago, Tistepiste said:

Why do they get married after their enlightenment?

I cannot confirm this personally but I have heard enlightened sex is epic

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Tistepiste

You could be the first person to ever answer this question, by skipping the reactional defense of semantical linguistics, and actually answering.

What will you do, after you become enlightened? 

You won’t though.

Contemplate, why that is.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Im intrigued, does enlightenment make life obsolete?

I dont know but I think if I knew the truth of something it doesn't take away the joy of it.

If I enjoy jumping out of a plane  with a parachute, knowing that I can die and anyways one day I will die. Does that it take away from the fun?

Maybe Im in the wrong?

You also live in eternal peace so nothing outside of self really bothers you anymore so if it makes another happy, so be it. Enlightenment is more present in a unconditionally loving, accepting, allowing, surrendering, trusting ect... nature.

B R E A T H E

Marriage is not about love. It's about finding a fantastic teammate. Unfortunately I cannot explain to you what that means unless you already have experienced that. When two people are on the same page for most things, and are able to push each other forward, a perfect marriage happens. It can also be platonic. Love for your teammate that you trust and support with all your heart is very spiritual.

58 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I have thought about the same thing. It's one of the reasons why I have some doubt about whole this enlightenment thing.

A love relationship is egoistic in its nature. You are together with someone because you want to get something out of it.

In the book 'A course in miracles' they condemn love relationships, which they call "special love relationships". They say that such special relationships only exists in duality.

Eating, drinking, peeing and shitting exist in duality.

So you're saying you will stop doing those because it only exist in the dream ?

I would like to see you try ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Many of the biggest sages lived in celibacy. And actually today I decided that I will do the same thing.

Most of the spiritual teachers outside India have a wife.

The most influential and helpful (no bullshit/dogmas) teachers aren't from India.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Many (I think most?) of the biggest sages lived in celibacy. And actually today I decided that I will do the same thing.

As a woman I feel devastated -_-

this whole discussion, maybe to find out if love is an illusion. is it? 

maybe brainlove. sometimes symbols are just helpful. 

enlightenment is an holistic experience. tic tac. does it ring?

maybe love can have a multitude of dimensions. 

Edited by now is forever

Your Heart still has desires. Enlightenment means that you have no more limitations to take you away from what you came here to create. We all have a mission, or there would be no reason to be here as you :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Something to contemplate on before asking why people do any shit at all? xD 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Interesting topic.

In my opinion marriage is a dead institution, which carries on as a scam to rob people of money and to run corrupt government departments.

I know it's also my ego, but I generally feel disgust towards marriage, because the act of signing a contract ABOUT MONEY when talking about love is the epitome of corruption and self interest.

If you really love someone, just go live together. 

You don't need a paper that assures you that you'll rob the other person of their money.
Nature doesn't need marriage. Just go live together and build a nice happy life with your emotional commitment. Keep the government out of my fucking private love life.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

On 9/13/2018 at 7:13 AM, Tistepiste said:

eg. Eckhart Tolle

Why do they get married after their enlightenment? If you are truly enlightened with got rid of your ego, then why would one still marry one person?

You'd love everything and everyone equally. A leaf on the tree would mean the same as your wife.

So I have a hard time grasping this.

I will try to answer from my own experience.  I awoke in 2005.  A bit more than a year later I met a woman that I started dating.  Why?  I had experienced being single mostly up until that point and thought it would be fun to experience being in a long term relationship.  Playing single or married are both good options, but each has its own kind of fun.  About three years after meeting, we were married.  Why?  I thought continuing the game of being in a relationship would be fun; and I knew getting married was something she wanted and it would make her happy.  Also, I thought it might be fun to experience the whole getting married thing...ceremony, honeymoon, etc.  It was a blast.  We have been together for over 10 years now.

As Samra said, I have found a fantastic teammate.  She has introduced me to things I would have never discovered or experienced alone.  It has been enjoyable playing being married.  The being married game will end one day...that is inevitable.  So I am not attached to being married or my wife, but I will enjoy the time I do have.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

"If you make human company too important
you will not discover your true Self.
Relationships not based in Truth
are never entirely reliable
and are rarely enduring.
Taking time to discover yourself is the best use of time.
Prioritise this.
One should not excessively seek partners or friends,
one should seek to know and be oneself.
As you begin to awaken to the Truth,
you start noticing how well life flows by itself
and how well you are cared for.
Life supports the physical, emotional,
mental and spiritual needs of the one
who is open to self-discovery.
Trust opens your eyes to the recognition of this.
Surrender allows you to merge in your own eternal being."

~ Mooji

I love these types of spiritual teachings. Yet, I also need to be aware of seeking energy. One can interpret this teaching that there is "something" to be found in the timeline. I.e. "I should do this. . . ", "I should not do this". . . "If I seek, one day I will find and I will know". 

It's easy for me to get into a mindset that there is "something" to be attained. That there is some type of "destination" or "experience". This can lead to the idea that if I make the right "choices" I will discover or experience it. From one perspective, this seems valid. It seems like my practice has led to what seems like a discovery or experience. This is some great stuff that I welcome, embrace and enjoy. Yet, there is another type of awakening that is never found in the timeline. It is not a new concept, understanding, knowing or experience. One doesn't need to go anywhere or do anything. The thought that one needs to go somewhere or do something is a distraction for this awakening to what "IS" - right here and now. It sounds so simple and the mind wants to dismiss it - yet it's deeply profound. It cannot be found in the timeline. It can only be found here and now. It is eternally present and you cannot escape it. It can be terrifying and liberating. Yet, it is very unpalatable to the mind and the mind will seek to get somewhere else. It will seek to find something. To figure it out. To understand and experience. 

I spent over 20 years on a "spiritual path". Countless hours of meditation, lots of readings, lots of spiritual teachers, dharma talks, retreats, discussions within the Sangha, the statues, the bowing, the chanting, traveling to foreign countries. I finally reached a place of deep frustration and disappointment. And gave up. When the above realization entered - I didn't know whether to be joyful, sad or angry. It was the cruelest joke I could ever have imagined. The hardest part to accept was that it was there with me the whole time - all 20+ years. Yet, I couldn't see it with a seeking mindset.