Andreas

How to overcome red?

13 posts in this topic

I need more blue in a way. I think I had some issues from my childhood that never made me fully in touch with blue. I kind of went past blue really fast. 

I find myself moving down the spiral from orange really fast whenever i get any form of psychological stress. This causes me to go to red and do stupid shit. How can i fix this and trancend red fully? 

Realize the value of tradition and look into why certain traditions have been maintained for hundreds/thousands of years. There's some wisdom there that could help with your egoic tenancies. Also, look into why you take the actions that you take. Realize that the red paradigm of power lust to enrich the self is unsustainable. Start sacrificing yourself for others; blue is all about community and finding similar values to those around you.

Edit: Also, if I were you I would study Zen Buddhism. It is a very blue way to approach spirituality - learn its principles and integrate that wisdom into your life. You will find that the more openminded you get, and you expand your consciousness, you will find it easier to move up the spiral. Being closedminded is what gets people stuck at a particular stage.

Edited by Pure Imagination

It’s not about going up or down the spiral. That’s not the goal or the design behind the work. 

STAGE RED (POWER GOD) IS AN APING OF STAGE CORAL (GOD AWARENESS)

Realize there are better ways to go through life than manipulating everybody all the time.  The problem with Red is it buries a lot of bodies and develops a hatred in its wake.  Yeah you get a lot done, but you’re gonna be hated and attacked a lot too.  It’s just not the best strategy to go through life.  Red needs to discover Yellow (the sustainable strategic thinker) basically — and then eventually Coral (God Awareness).  Red is actually striving to be Coral without even realizing it, they’re just so distracted by Ego that they’ll never get there.  Red is aping Coral.  Red doesn’t realize that they’re already God ‘in here’; they mistakenly think they have to prove that they're God ‘out there’.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There is a cool book from Ken Wilber called Integral Meditation. Basically, he says that with enough awareness you should naturally move up through the stages. Now that you know which are the attributes and characteristics of Red, meditate on them, observe them, feel them, bring them back to life.

As Joseph said, notice the inherent suffering that comes when you behave in red manners. But also realize which are the benefits that it sometimes bring. Remember, each stage has its useful tools and is a necessary part of your own development. 

As Wilber says, TRANSCEND AND INCLUDE, EMBRACE AND EVOLVE (last one was mine :P)

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

16 hours ago, Andreas said:

I need more blue in a way. I think I had some issues from my childhood that never made me fully in touch with blue. I kind of went past blue really fast. 

I find myself moving down the spiral from orange really fast whenever i get any form of psychological stress. This causes me to go to red and do stupid shit. How can i fix this and trancend red fully? 

Are you sure your not just dealing with anger?  Anger exists at all stages.  Look into books on anger and maybe some shadow work.  It's a really big topic.  What are some examples in your life, that may help me/us answer more into the question.

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

Are you sure your not just dealing with anger?  Anger exists at all stages.  Look into books on anger and maybe some shadow work.  It's a really big topic.  What are some examples in your life, that may help me/us answer more into the question.

Being upset at my girlfriend for not answering.. trying to run away from home because my parents was about to put me into a psychiatric hospital.. or generally just getting mad really fast.

I don’t know if im wrong but if this isn’t red how do i fix this? 

Connecting Red with Green in my opinion.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

41 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Connecting Red with Green in my opinion.

That's kinda what Yellow is.  Just like Red, Yellow is interested in solving problems and making things happen.  Yellow is like a cerebral, more conscious Red.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 13/09/2018 at 4:48 AM, Andreas said:

trying to run away from home because my parents was about to put me into a psychiatric hospita

? that must be awful to go through... 

i think red has a lot to do with speaking up, imposing yourself, that sort of thing. Are you able to do that?