Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Your place at Heart

Me too movement opinion

4 posts in this topic

Who say its collective ego of attention hungry women raising awareness against sexual violence yet all these hollywood actresses got in hollywood via selling their bodies. I believe they are trivializing true sexual victims cases who have no voice because they are not famous and only one magazine or news paper cover their story.  these actresses have spotlights on them whenever their celeb status go down alittle and they are on news for weeks. sad thing they try to get attention by any means possible even if it mean to destroy a male colleague or bring back old wounds that healed.  I think this is not fine. Also what your opinion on withdrawing consensus. I believe There is no such thing as taking away consensus, and its basically revenge which is not sign of healthy ego. Its like cult no different than incels claiming women want to destroy them.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

As always, there is strength in numbers. So, when women come out against powerful men in large numbers all of a sudden (even years later), it's similar to a class action lawsuit.

A single person who has little power compared to a big corporation may feel powerless to challenge that big corporation and take them to court, even if that big corporation is doing shady things that negatively effect them. So, they may want to save themselves the headache of being the lone dissenter toward a powerful entity. But when there is a class action lawsuit, there is power in numbers. So, they will get a little more anonymity and won't be single out. And it will be much more difficult for a large corporation to smear them and their reputation. So, it's safer.

The same goes for the 'me too' movement. Men like Harvey Weinstein have a long track-record of sexual misconduct and sexual assault. But he is a very powerful producer who's worked with the best in the business. So, when there is an actress... especially one who is just starting out, she knows that he can put an end to her career right away if she comes out against him. So, they weigh the options, and decide that it's best to just move on as opposed to throwing their dreams in the dumpster. So, they swallow their trauma and move on with life.

But years later, if other women start coming forward, it becomes much easier to be honest about those instances as they won't be the lone dissenter facing off against a powerful man with their career in his hands. This is why, when one woman steps forward and accuses a powerful man of these crimes, others start coming out of the woodwork even if the assault occurred a decade or two ago. There is strength and power in numbers. And once these women feel like they have numbers on their side, it becomes a lot easier to be honest about these things. To come out about these things alone, means that society as a whole will blame you and will want your head on a stick. Victim blaming is a widespread epidemic.

That's the whole idea behind the widespread nature of the 'me too' movement. It encourages strength in numbers. So, it may have begun in Hollywood as a result of cases like Bill Cosby's many rapes or Harvey Weinstein's history of sexual assault and coercion. But it's trickled not the mainstream because we're starting to see some of humanity's darker shadows that mostly women have been privy to. So, it's a movement for solidarity, and I'm personally glad that it's hit the mainstream. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I’m a bit conflicted and I’m not familiar with the results it had in the US but in Sweden it’s became really big. Now a lot of people became exposed most guilty, some not so much. 

On the one hand it’s good that the issue became highlighted and that people who misbehave faced proper legal ramifications.

But on the other a lot of people who arguably didn’t do much maybe som guy lightly touched a girls butt 2 years ago also got outed and faced social ramifications that were in my opinion was a bit unjustified.

We even had people kill themself due to the social and career ramifications. One guy was later discovered to be innocent for instance.

The Swedish media companies also took a blow, due to cover ups and for writing articles without evidence and so on and so forth.

Perhaps avoiding names could be preferable next time unless you are talking to the police.

Edited by Spiral

8 hours ago, Emerald said:

As always, there is strength in numbers. So, when women come out against powerful men in large numbers all of a sudden (even years later), it's similar to a class action lawsuit.

A single person who has little power compared to a big corporation may feel powerless to challenge that big corporation and take them to court, even if that big corporation is doing shady things that negatively effect them. So, they may want to save themselves the headache of being the lone dissenter toward a powerful entity. But when there is a class action lawsuit, there is power in numbers. So, they will get a little more anonymity and won't be single out. And it will be much more difficult for a large corporation to smear them and their reputation. So, it's safer.

The same goes for the 'me too' movement. Men like Harvey Weinstein have a long track-record of sexual misconduct and sexual assault. But he is a very powerful producer who's worked with the best in the business. So, when there is an actress... especially one who is just starting out, she knows that he can put an end to her career right away if she comes out against him. So, they weigh the options, and decide that it's best to just move on as opposed to throwing their dreams in the dumpster. So, they swallow their trauma and move on with life.

But years later, if other women start coming forward, it becomes much easier to be honest about those instances as they won't be the lone dissenter facing off against a powerful man with their career in his hands. This is why, when one woman steps forward and accuses a powerful man of these crimes, others start coming out of the woodwork even if the assault occurred a decade or two ago. There is strength and power in numbers. And once these women feel like they have numbers on their side, it becomes a lot easier to be honest about these things. To come out about these things alone, means that society as a whole will blame you and will want your head on a stick. Victim blaming is a widespread epidemic.

That's the whole idea behind the widespread nature of the 'me too' movement. It encourages strength in numbers. So, it may have begun in Hollywood as a result of cases like Bill Cosby's many rapes or Harvey Weinstein's history of sexual assault and coercion. But it's trickled not the mainstream because we're starting to see some of humanity's darker shadows that mostly women have been privy to. So, it's a movement for solidarity, and I'm personally glad that it's hit the mainstream. 

You spoke about how wonderful the movement is and how harvey weinsetin had sexual record of harassing women understandable. Question?  Why now women had to come out? Why not before they stayed silent on his behavior and he could have gone down. After all, we are in age of feminism since 60s. There are also assholes like him who went down. But so many innocent men went down as well. Where is justice? Why withdrawing consent is ok? isn't that basically a revenge? I am not against the movement but myriad of dishonest egotistical individuals slipped their egos inside the movement while true rape victims who were raped and beaten and silenced never get the spotlight and if they do their story is only covered small news and magazine and not the whole media. Big media is reserved for celebrities whom many are liars and got their way inside hollywood via lying and even selling their self sexually and by consent but now are taking revenge. Don't these morons ever think of real victims of sexual abuse? They have no shame of taking over movement that was reserved for sexually attack of hopeless women who are not famous? I read an article covered in the guardian of Muslim girl who dated in secret behind her parents back and she got beaten by parents and her cousins who called her a slut and forced her to sex and raped her and beated her so hard to unconsciousness. Rape by cousin is acceptable in many middle eastern countries to rape your rogue female cousin because the family want you to marry within family boundary and rape by cousin force girl to get married to that cousin or be killed for dishonor, yet the entire media(CNN, fox, msnbc, hoffington post, vice..etx) on google focused on asia argento, rose mcgowen and other hollywood celebs

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)