billiesimon

Teal Swan's controversy taught me A LOT about reality

20 posts in this topic

I know I'm late with this "scandal" about Teal Swan, since she discussed it in autumn 2017 :D but I discovered it just these days.
And it firstly shocked me, then horrified me, then made me guess my comprehension of the world, then made me investigate more, then made me comfortable and content again. And I learned a lot about reality and about our collective minds. 
Here's what I learned.

This is the video where she responds to a tornado of hateful and skeptical videos or articles

Here's how my mind opened up a lot by questioning this controversy:

1. Let's start by saying that I like Teal's work, especially the shadow/emotional work. When I discovered this controversy the first reaction I had was "it's just envy! these people can't understand the effort and dedication that Teal is putting in her job! They are disgusting!"
And I was triggered HARD, man.... Really hard.... I reacted because of fanboy-mentality.

2. I decided to investigate the allegations of scam/fakeness/greediness with a somehow open mind, even though it was painful to give up some of my "ideological ego" to do this. 

3. A lot of allegations, provided with facts and citations, seemed very consistent and when I went to verify them, they were factually true! At this point a felt a very depressing and devastating feeling inside me. "what if all the people that have helped me to change my old sad and hopeless life were fake? what does this mean? why can't there just be authentic people out there? why would she do that?" This was very painful and the only thing that remained to me was to investigate more.

4. I started to feel some kind of repulsion towards her figure, and this kind of "gut feeling" started to develop inside me, becoming "my tryth" (a term that, honestly, is just BS). I felt like I had to REALLY distance myself from her teachings and philosophy. This became completely real to me. She was fake. No doubts about it.

5. My first instinct was just to leave all this matter alone and forget about it and forget about her teachings. Then I read in an article about her that she made a response video). My gut feeling told me to leave it alone and just recover from the false teachings.

6. And then Leo's video about radical openmindedness struck me like a thunder. The same open mind who got you to investigate the scandal should also make you investigate the response she made. It felt painful but I decided to look it up, even though I was skeptical as fuck.

7. The video struck me like a second "scandal". I went full circle.
Teal completely, rationally, logically, systemically, demolished all of the allegations (watch the video and you will see) and didn't fall in the trap of bashing her haters. She just honestly explained her work and her choices in life.

That's just it. She just explained it in a very honest and neutral way. I was sooooo shocked. 

Not by the video.
But by my mind.

My mind completely fucked my up, believing in random allegations with an emotional and hysterical feel to it.
And my mind fell to the superficial explanations of these detractors.

This made my mind more open to this shocking reality:

Our mind is so fragile, and weak, and blind. Our minds lurk in the absolute darkness of ignorance, mob thinking, gossip, idolization, and demonization.
Teal is not a guru, she's just a woman on the path of self discovery, helping others to do it too. And all the people criticizing her so harshly because of scattered facts with NO context.... are just trapped by their own egos (envy? fear?), thus projecting negative traits onto her. But at the same time they are just humans, with positive traits too! They should not be demonized either. 

This is how we start fighting eachother. This is how we create drama and emotional pain.
This is how MY mind works and how I deceived MYSELF all my life.
This means that my mind is ALWAYS in the darkness. We are all swimming in darkness, following ideologies, following the BS that our friend tell us, following the lies that we tell ourselves too.

This made me realize that we don't know. Period. We don't even know that we don't know.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

It's generally a good idea to use a diversity of teachers. I avoid getting too immersed with any one teacher. Each teacher can only teach certain facets of your truth.

damn. this particular teacher is HAWT

dunno about her content yet... but appearance weighs quite heavily for me when picking a non-duality teacher

but the hair... na... 

If only she was bald...

#LEO4EVER <3 :P 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I really love her work. I know there's fishy stuff floating around her (her haters are also very hateful, whatever she did) but she does take the time to explain herself in that video. And even if, maybe, some of the stuff she said in the past was actually fake, or she behaved in a toxic way, but then she evolved and is leaving that behind. Is that not a reason to take what is good to take in her teachings?
The only thing that still makes me frown is her talks about her being an alien or something.

This video will be incriminating for the vast, vast majority of people, yet I still trust her because her other teachings are so good (well, it's been like one year or so that I've been subscribed to her channel, so I've only seen recent stuff I guess, but yeah)

I'm very, very open-minded. But of course this alien thing makes me think.
Oh well, worst case scenario, take what resonates and leave the rest I guess.

Edited by Fuku

2 minutes ago, Fuku said:

The only thing that still makes me frown is her talks about her being an alien or something

can you not see that absolute infinity allows for that very possibility?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Then again, some people just are batshit crazy ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It remembers me Julien Blanc. After his media scandal, he came with better material.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then again, some people just are batshit crazy ;)

Yeah, I've seen this video on the release date, and it certainly helped me to understand this "scandal". Every single person has a unique path in life that we can't understand.

Inquire in the now.

4 hours ago, brugluiz said:

It remembers me Julien Blanc. After his media scandal, he came with better material.

Totally true. He had good intentions even before the scandal, but he was too egotistical.

After the scandal he became more genuine and relatable.

Inquire in the now.

There is a downside to being a public figure even if you’re trying to do good.  Like I said, working for money sucks anyway you slice it.  You think you’re doing this great thing by becoming a famous self-help teacher, but really you’re putting your peace of mind in the meat-grinder.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@billiesimon I just listened to the first 5 mins. and as Teal was telling her story it reminded me a lot of the sexual abuses that have been going on in the Catholic church for many-many years. Even if a child was to say something about being abused by father so and so to their parents they would never want to believe it. Telling the truth to a parent who obviously held priests (and the church) in such high reguard was quickly dismissed with a "how dare you accuse a man of the cloth of such things. God is going to punish you". Then the child was forced to not only live with the ongoing sexual abuse but also the guilt and shame that came with it. In the end it wasn't the parents who exposed the abuse it was the children as adults that came forth with the truth.

@billiesimon That (op) brought me to tears man, thank you. Not the Teal stuff but the you stuff there. So beautiful. What else could the lion tamer seek, but the untamed lions, of course! Where could water and love flow, but to where it is not!  What else could the lotus of death do but bloom! What could be more perfect than imperfection! ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

What else could the lion tamer seek, but the untamed lions, of course! 

Aww, such a nice metaphor

Whether or not she's nutty or from Arctura, she's put out lots of insightful, serious stuff. I don't mind Teal at all. 

Definitely.

Also + 1 on Julien Blanc. He explained in more recent videos during the past year I think, how he was self destructive, he just had to evolve and has since included in his teachings that going to the top is nothing if you carry your problems along.

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There is a downside to being a public figure even if you’re trying to do good.  Like I said, working for money sucks anyway you slice it.  You think you’re doing this great thing by becoming a famous self-help teacher, but really you’re putting your peace of mind in the meat-grinder.

Yeah, people judge but we can't even imagine what it's like. We have a little pressure as "normal" citizens and we can still go crazy, so go figure what celebrity can do to someone.

Spiritual teachers are not perfect (what is this even anyway) and on top of that they have to deal with a ton of vicious haters.

Edited by Fuku

It's so interesting to me that the vast majority of humans assume the egoic mind is sane and alternative states of mind are delusional. 

The egoic mind is maxed out delusion. So-called "altered" states of consciousness are delusional as well, yet much less so than an egoic mindset.

10 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@billiesimon I just listened to the first 5 mins. and as Teal was telling her story it reminded me a lot of the sexual abuses that have been going on in the Catholic church for many-many years. Even if a child was to say something about being abused by father so and so to their parents they would never want to believe it. Telling the truth to a parent who obviously held priests (and the church) in such high reguard was quickly dismissed with a "how dare you accuse a man of the cloth of such things. God is going to punish you". Then the child was forced to not only live with the ongoing sexual abuse but also the guilt and shame that came with it. In the end it wasn't the parents who exposed the abuse it was the children as adults that came forth with the truth.

I witnessed something like this recently with my ex-gf. She lived with her mother and a stepdad (police officer, lots of guns, mentally unstable). Her mother had toxic co-dependent relationship with her bf, they fought all the time, he was kind of an asshole to her and they often got weeks without talking to each other living in the same house. One day he asked for divorce probably hoping that her would beg for him to stay but she said "ok". He kind of went crazy, was alone with my gf at home and decided to blame her for the end of the relationship, droped his pants, exposed his dick and said he wanted to fuck her, she then run to her bedroom crying, locked herself, he tried to open, she called me in pure despair, i went told her to call the police but her mother said to NOT call the police and called a friend (his friend who also is a police officer) to help. The stepdad got out, my ex is safe and lived with me for months. Now the interesting part: her mother didn't believe her and got back with her bf. Mostly because she is kind of dependent on her emotionally(she is 50, won't find another bf easily) and financially. My ex is her ONLY family and she chooses to stay with the man that attempted to RAPE her and later we found out that he had a history of mental breakdowns (went nuts, tried to kill himself, probably due to the stress of his job, killing people and shit like that).