Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevegan928

What Are The Most Profound Insights You've Gained Through Contemplation?

3 posts in this topic

Here is one of mine that I'm proud of:

I construct physical reality by cross referencing memories to create a prediction of the future. Physicality is created by rapidly shifting awareness from my memories to my predictions. This is done so quickly that it goes unnoticed, in the same way that singular propeller blades on an aircraft go unnoticed when the propeller is moving at full speed, you just see a circular transparent blur, not singular distinct propeller blades, but really we know all that's actually there are singular propeller blades and not the blur we see before our eyes. The issue is that I've lived in the blur for so long that it's all I know and I believe that the blur is real and not a transparent blur. 

2_2.gife19.gif 

Physicality is created by rapidly shifting awareness from my memories to my predictions. 

Im not sure if I understood that. Personally I dont find this to be the case. To have awareness of a memory, it needs to be known as in known as a thought story, mental image or both. Same with a prediction as a projection, if that is what you mean.

The propeller metaphor does not make sense to me, as I dont experience remembering (or certainly cross referencing) as such a fast process. 

I feel like I dont need to construct physical reality, I just exist in a dream space where it naturally spurs out of nothingness and I feel Im in it. Its not just the mind with enforcing stories, its also the general awareness/unawareness of my body that together form this very convincing belief. 

From my self-inquiry/contemplation practises: 

You never get to ask the real "who am I?" question. Ever.

The "person" you are REALLY looking for, is the asker of the question, not the "I" concept that something is asking about.

"who is asking who am I?" falls into the same ordeal, as the asker of THAT question goes also un inquired. So actual inquiry into the asker is impossible, as language is structured that way. 

The question floats in and out from the ether of mindstuff, but never really adresses it's origin. But it came from somewhere, so there must be a source. That source is only going to be felt, as existence itself and thats what you are. 

Edited by molosku

@molosku I gleaned my insight in direct awareness, I'm not trying to "make the case for it" it's a concept I must one day drop. I could explain in slightly better detail however how I came to this insight.