Misagh

Why do YOU think you are not self-realized?

26 posts in this topic

If you are willing to share, I want to know some of the reasons and obstacles you face in self-realization. Inquiring into this reason can be very beneficial to your seeking. :)

Edited by Misagh

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

The fear of letting go of that I know to be false, because falsehood seems more comforting/familiar than emptiness. I don't know what will be left when I let go...

2 hours ago, Misagh said:

If you are willing to share, I want to know some of the reasons and obstacles you face in self-realization. Inquiring into this reason can be very beneficial to your seeking. :)

The question is kinda funny.  Theres an "assumption" thats theres "something" to "fully" "realize".  But by all means if you feel like there is something you know about yourself, follow it to its to conclusion and let it go or not.  However to stay in the spirit of the question, I'd say I get caught up in over thinking sometimes and paying more attention than I need to fear and anxiety.

Edited by Mu_

1 hour ago, mkrksms said:

It would ruin my solid sense of self-doubt and worthlessness. :D

LOL, same here. I'm apparently fond of the attachments and the same old drama. 

Honestly, I don't think I'm putting enough effort and/or desire into the right places. I meditate for 70 minutes a day (3 hrs a day on wkends), and I do psychedelics once in a while, but I stopped doing kriya yoga, and I know I should pick it back up but.....I admit that I like meditating much more, so there's a big attachment there. I've become a one-trick pony, and I'm sure that decreases my chances at awakening. 

5 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

LOL, same here. I'm apparently fond of the attachments and the same old drama. 

Honestly, I don't think I'm putting enough effort and/or desire into the right places. I meditate for 70 minutes a day (3 hrs a day on wkends), and I do psychedelics once in a while, but I stopped doing kriya yoga, and I know I should pick it back up but.....I admit that I like meditating much more, so there's a big attachment there. I've become a one-trick pony, and I'm sure that decreases my chances at awakening. 

Pick it up! Do a short practice now? :) I forced myself picking up the book Kriya Secrets Revealed again just the other day and started taking baby steps.. I’ve mostly used it for collecting dust since I bought it. I’m running out of excuses for not fucking doing the practices. :/

@mkrksms   Yeah, that book is sitting on my dining room table still, along with my other spiritual books.  It has kind of been a year of dabbling in different things. I enjoy meditating, so that will stay for sure, but I think the kriya will make its way back into my daily routine.

@Mu_ @Outer Of course the truth is that you are already self-realized. But how many seekers actually accept this? Ultimately it is this very truth that brings salvation to the ignorant, however it is not always a practical advice. They first have to realize the nature of the mind which is thought, and the quiet the mind by grounding themselves through some means. Then statements such as these could be useful to them. 

Edited by Misagh

@Serotoninluv All you need to realize is that the "I" is also a thought. Diligently asking yourself "Who am I?" will quiet the mind and ground you in the self. Self-realization is quiescence of the mind and peace. 

7 hours ago, StephenK said:

The fear of letting go of that I know to be false, because falsehood seems more comforting/familiar than emptiness. I don't know what will be left when I let go...

@StephenK It is a misconception that the ego will be gone the moment you self-realize. This is not the case, so there's really nothing to fear in that sense. Also, what will be left is already fully present in you, so its not something foreign, scary, or unknown. 

@mkrksms @PsiloPutty Neither of you to are serious about enlightenment, which is of course absolutely fine. Self-realization is by its nature easy. If you are facing complications such as what you have mentioned, they stem from a desire to NOT self-realize. Of course you already know this ;) 

@Artaemis If this is the case and you can already see through them then you are very close. Inquire into the nature of the "I" and "who" is doing the seeing and you are there.  

45 minutes ago, Misagh said:

@mkrksms @PsiloPutty Neither of you to are serious about enlightenment, which is of course absolutely fine. Self-realization is by its nature easy. If you are facing complications such as what you have mentioned, they stem from a desire to NOT self-realize. Of course you already know this ;) 

I do have a very strong desire for self-realization. But yes, it is fluctuating and my efforts have not been consistently focused enough in all areas. Working on restructuring my life in many ways. But it’s good to hear you say I’m not serious enough - it bothers me a bit as you can see. xD

Edited by mkrksms

@mkrksms The point i am trying to communicate is that self-realization is as easy as choosing to set all of THAT aside. 

Seeking IS the impediment

Enlightenment is not a GAIN but a LOSS

lose everything that is not important and see what is left :)

@Mikael89 This is great. The purpose of inquiry is to get abide as the witness. Regardless, if you really can remain as the witness for a prolonged time, then you should inquire into the witness itself. Who is it that is aware of the witness? 

The witness is the last defense of the ego. 

9 hours ago, Misagh said:

@mkrksms The point i am trying to communicate is that self-realization is as easy as choosing to set all of THAT aside. 

To set all effort/striving aside, or which ”THAT”?

12 hours ago, Misagh said:

@Mu_ @Outer Of course the truth is that you are already self-realized. But how many seekers actually accept this? Ultimately it is this very truth that brings salvation to the ignorant, however it is not always a practical advice. They first have to realize the nature of the mind which is thought, and the quiet the mind by grounding themselves through some means. Then statements such as these could be useful to them. 

Not always, but it does cut to the chase sometimes in ways that are helpful.  I respect what your saying and the good intent you have in this.