Edogowa Conan

I saw through the bullshit of today’s video

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Good-boy I could remove the video ads. My business isn't really reliant on ads. They are just there for kicks.

But it's reliant on Google's platform right? The metadata of your videos together with the viewing habits of the viewers is used for Google's purposes.

I just watched the video again.  I do get a whiny kind of Stage Green vibe in the video too (the first half of the video specifically).  A 'poor me' vibe.  Not trying to be rude, just being honest.  That's the problem with trading in all these beliefs, you start to believe them.  That seems to be the subtext of the video.  It seems very Stage Green to me. 

Here's my opinion: Dude, it's all bad!  Working for money is all bad -- sinner or saint, I don't care who you are.  It's not us versus them --  it's the whole thing.  It's all of it -- every bit.  You can't carve yourself out as an exception in a sh*t-eating contest.  At the end of the day, we're all in it.  Be careful with how strongly you cling to how you interpret things.  That's all Thought, and you're gonna turn it into a self-fulfilling prophesy.  For every rule, there's an exception.  Be the exception.  Don't let your Thought do you.  I used to think like this too when I was in my early 30's.  It was my ultra-Liberal stage.  

Maya a.k.a. Thought and Experience is all a distraction away from keen Awareness.  This is why it's important to stop pounding your Thoughts in so hard, you start to mistake them for reality!  That's a trap that I see very keenly now.  You define your own reality through clinging to Thought.  That's called Maya, Ego, and all it does is cause your own suffering.  Good or bad, it doesn't matter, if you're clinging to Thought at all you're causing your own suffering.  It doesn't matter if you think you're God's servant helping to evolve the world, that's a fantasy, a Thought -- it's Ego.  All clinging to Thought will do is keep you in Hell, in Samsara -- even if you think you're the good guy, the savior of humanity!  

The best your life can be is when (1) you know who you are as the true Self, and (2) you're not entangled in Maya a.k.a. Thought and Experience.  That has nothing to do with achievement at all, see.  The happiest you're gonna be in life is when you're God Awareness looking down on and through Maya a.k.a. Thought and Experience.  That's called Liberation or Moksha or Heaven.  'Awareness = Freedom' as Faceless said.  Our Faceless lol.  I quoted him!  The reality is you don't need sh*t as God Awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura @Nahm As I said, it’s a useful model to use. But I will always regard it as just that: a model, never a relative ‘truth’, cause there’s no such thing. I will carry on using such models to live my life, but the problem comes when you do get in a situation where you are stuck with a ‘wage slavery’ job. Leo said that he will kill himself. Clearly that shows the limits of actually believing that model, even as a relative ‘truth’. In my case, with a no-mind state, I will still do everything I can to get out of a situation of ‘wage slavery’, but I will never bog myself down with actually believing that it’s true. This is the advantage of enlightenment. You can enjoy life to the fullest as it is, and still work through your options and see what I can change. I’ve found that this is a far more useful and  efficient approach. Byron Katie never understood why people struggle so much with money. ‘Money is everywhere, it’s so easy to get’, she would say. Of course, if you actually believe that rich people have all the money and all that pyramid stuff, you will be the one to dum yourself down with your own mind. You need to realise the limits of those stuff.

Me being turquoise stage I say nothing matters. Money is apart of the 3d paradigm that where in. Therefore enjoy whatever  ride you get on. Everything exactly how it should be. Honestly if your miserable  with a regular  job,you have major enlightenment work to do  You can manifest W.e reality  you want.

1 hour ago, Aimblack said:

But it's reliant on Google's platform right? The metadata of your videos together with the viewing habits of the viewers is used for Google's purposes.

Plus his other business or whatever he does, the payment that he receives through cash or interac goes through those same thief banks. His clients paying are probably killers or rapist asking him for counselling. They pay him with the dirty cash, and he thinks that he is ? than us and we are loosers working at McDonalds. Only way for us to to reach his level is turning into a leader and make models like him to help people.His ego is bigger than mount Everest ffs.

Edited by Good-boy

@Good-boychill out dude i work at macdonalds and it's great! As manager i eat happy meals anytime i want!

I could even refuse service to Leo if he came up looking all high and mighty in shades. 

5 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Good-boychill out dude i work at macdonalds and it's great! As manager i eat happy meals anytime i want!

I could even refuse service to Leo if he came up looking all high and mighty in shades. 

I never said that, Mr. Leo said that in his video. Job is a job irrespective of where you work. I myself used to work at McDonald's and loved it; free big Mac and fries all day long baby.

Reading about the Two Truths helped me a lot to understand many teachings, you can find it at Thich Nhat Hanh's "The Heart of the Buddhas teaching", or here's a post I found that kinda sums it up:

Relative Truth

Relative truth includes all the dualistic phenomena- ourselves, other beings, material objects, thoughts, emotions, concepts-that make up our lives in this world. These are sometimes called maya, or illusion, because we mistakenly believe they are solid, separate, and independent realities. But the problem is not relative truth itself, which is basically good, but our misunderstanding of its nature. That is revealed when we understand….

Absolute Truth

Absolute truth is the reality beyond dualism of any kind. It’s also the true nature of relative phenomena. In Mahayana Buddhism, it can be called emptiness or interdependence. Thich Nhat Hanh uses the term “interbeing.” In Vajrayana Buddhism, absolute reality is also referred to as space, complete openness, or primordial purity.

The two truths are what’s called a provisional teaching in Buddhism-helpful for where we are on our path but not the final truth. The final truth is that there is only one reality, and it unites the relative and absolute. Absolute truth is the true nature of the relative. Relative truth is the manifestation of the Absolute.

---

With this I divided my mental map in two main branches, so I can switch between my relative perspective and Absolute perspective.

Hope it helped :)

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Good-boyThat's true however i believe Leo was only playing a role in his video. He doesn't seem to see himself as "above" those who are working "regular" jobs, but just wanted to get the point across that maybe we have overlooked how complex and cruel our society can be. 

I really enjoyed his perspective and understanding of what he believes to be the best option for "success" and "happiness" given our current reality 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what relative means.

You are judging the relative from the Absolute. Which isn't relative, but Absolute. Which is actually relative because the Absolute doesn't judge anything or limit anything, including the relative.

To not make room for the relative truth will lead to all sorts of foolishness, so watch out.

When the cop stops you for speeding, you will not be able to get away by saying, "But in the Absolute sense there is no right and wrong." In the relative domain, might makes right. Survival rules the day. You can choose to disregard the relative domain, but you will not survive long, so before you make that choice, make sure you're okay with death.

Some teach that the mental world trumps the physical world, so if police pulls you over, you would comply in order to keep your physical body safe (why? of course you need your physical body in order to more efficiently purify your consciousness) but you would also investigate your subconscious thoughts that caused that to happen. 

It's obviously a good idea to avoid level confusion of physical world, mental world and the higher worlds whatever we might convene to name them up to the absolute. So then let's also avoid confusing "your physical body" with "you". 

That being said, I couldn't agree more that the physical world (which in my opinion is a hard core hell world) is based on inequality and exploitation - more likely through an error in evolution than by design. Either way, there should be ways to circumvent or even fix a physical world's crappy ways by using the simple knowledge that mental trumps physical.

So yeah, true & correct knowledge is good and its spreaders are basically good doers :)

Edited by iamme

@Oliver Saavedra but it’s possible to live through purely the absolute truths. Imagine how sweet your life would be if you only immersed yourself in the absolute, and let your heart take over the relative illusion of maya.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Oliver Saavedra but it’s possible to live through purely the absolute truths. Imagine how sweet your life would be if you only immersed yourself in the absolute, and let your heart take over the relative illusion of maya.

It would be nice for this forum to have a "Like" button :)

@Good-boy the person in my photo is Byron Katie. I do her ‘Work’.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

@Good-boy the person in my photo is Byron Katie. I do her ‘Work’.

Oh, I thought it was gangaji. Lol

Wowww...just wowww

Last sentence just broke my heart ?

Screenshot_20180910-032124.jpg

Edited by Good-boy

@Good-boy After getting my AA degree I was working at McDonalds but, since I didn't come from a "traditional American" family (my parents are Persian) I could go back home. I was still going there while going to University and quit on the latter half end of University. So here's the example of me of that McDonalds guy who got out. 

2 hours ago, Good-boy said:

Plus his other business or whatever he does, the payment that he receives through cash or interac goes through those same thief banks. His clients paying are probably killers or rapist asking him for counselling. They pay him with the dirty cash, and he thinks that he is ? than us and we are loosers working at McDonalds. Only way for us to to reach his level is turning into a leader and make models like him to help people.His ego is bigger than mount Everest ffs.

I think what this thread is (or has become), is that people are being triggered by what Leo said in the video because they feel they are in the position he said you should get out of. 

It shouldn't really matter what Leo does for work or whatever, the message is still the same and I don't think it's wrong, it's also very helpful to look at things from this perspective. If you are happy working at McDonald's then theres nothing wrong with that but that doesn't make the message any less true. If you're not happy working at McDonald's but feel stuck and so therefore justify it by saying 'Leo kind of works for Google', I don't see how this helps you. 

You may think he's arrogant but be careful of ad hominem attacks and look at the content rather then the messenger

Guys this is quite a difficult topic in my opinion. As far as I can see you just gotta make your choice, either to drop everything and feel as if "the universe pushes evolution on you" or, instead, "you pushing evolution on the universe".

Digging in my memory for examples, I could come up with what Eckhart Tolle went through. At first he didn't do jack shit. He spent his time for I believe to be at least a year (but I think multiple years) on a bench in a park. People would come by and ask him how he could be so happy just sitting on a bench. Well, we know the answer. But the point is, he did eventually choose to live life again.

Another example (just came to mind). Look at Jim Carrey. He went through an awakening as we know. Recently he came back and he is having a new show as far as I could understand out of a talkshow episode on YouTube. If any of you have been following the way he changed you can clearly see he chose to play his role again (being a comedian). Well go figure, I bet you about 80% of people thought he was depressed and are now very happy he is back and kicking it the way he always used to. 

So what is more important? Again, I personally feel this topic to be very difficult.