Zeldor

i understand enlightenment?

28 posts in this topic

First rule of non duality club:

Always assume there is more, and that you are blind to the truth, even if you really deeply experience it.

Will save a lot of time !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Lol, thank you for reminding me. I think the title is a bit of a misnomer though. I don't claim to be enlightened, i just didn't understand why i wasn't. The people on this forum made me rethink my question. I am infinity, i am everything, i just haven't felt it. @Mu_ I think i have deepened my understanding of free will. I know you said i should try to feel things but i think intellectually understanding things will help me feel them. That way i kind of know what i'm searching for and should be choosing to feel? I think beliefs are a very important part of choosing. After all your beliefs change how the world feels to you. For example if you believe you are angry, the world appears to have more things to be angry at. Same with sadness and happiness in my experience. I think this is also why gurus emphasize surrender so much. If you surrender yourself to the idea that you are infinity, you get closer to becoming it. What you believe dictates your reality to a degree.

10 hours ago, Shin said:

First rule of non duality club:

Always assume there is more, and that you are blind to the truth, even if you really deeply experience it.

Will save a lot of time !

Thumbs up! :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Zeldor said:

@Shin Lol, thank you for reminding me. I think the title is a bit of a misnomer though. I don't claim to be enlightened, i just didn't understand why i wasn't. The people on this forum made me rethink my question. I am infinity, i am everything, i just haven't felt it. @Mu_ I think i have deepened my understanding of free will. I know you said i should try to feel things but i think intellectually understanding things will help me feel them. That way i kind of know what i'm searching for and should be choosing to feel? I think beliefs are a very important part of choosing. After all your beliefs change how the world feels to you. For example if you believe you are angry, the world appears to have more things to be angry at. Same with sadness and happiness in my experience. I think this is also why gurus emphasize surrender so much. If you surrender yourself to the idea that you are infinity, you get closer to becoming it. What you believe dictates your reality to a degree.

I agree one route is to intellectually understand then come to a deeper experiential sense/feel.  Congrats on more understanding.

@Serotoninluv &@Mu_ Thank you both(: I'm probably going to stop posting in this forum for a while. I'm at the point in my school career where it's a little hard to keep up, and trying to do school and philosophize at the same time is making me lose sleep ): Thank you all for listening to me ramble on. 

Edited by Zeldor

24 minutes ago, Zeldor said:

@Serotoninluv &@Mu_ Thank you both(: I'm probably going to stop posting in this forum for a while. I'm at the point in my school career where it's a little hard to keep up, and trying to do school and philosophize at the same time is making me lose sleep ): Thank you all for listening to me ramble on. 

Ya concentrate on your studies, but set aside 5-10 mins to meditate if you can, it can help deepen your understandings and improve your school capacities as well ;)  Good luck :)

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ Yeah, i'm doing kriya yoga for 30 mins, or 1 hour if i can. It's not that I don't have free-time, but i have a lot less free-time than i used to. The yoga definitely helps with the frustration i get from lack of progress(: