Sven

Lucid Dreaming

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Lucid dreaming is a topic that passed my consciousness frequently lately. I personally believe that being able to indulge in infinite possibilities for creativity at night to be a very awakening practice, but I wonder what you guys think!

Have you had a lucid dream? Yes? Did you cry (out of Beauty) when you had your first? (I did) Do you have negative experiences?

Tell me your stories I am very interested :)

Much love guys,

I have been lucid dreaming for a while now.  Its amazing. Dreaming in general is amazing.  Can teach you so many things like what do you define as reality, and identity.  False memories in dreams intrigue me.  On lower levels of lucidity you can still have false memories, and once you wake up it's like oh my God, I can't believe  I was lucid but still thought it was normal to have pink hair or crazy random things like that.  

Also interesting when you realize that these vast, fully realized worlds are created in real time right before your "eyes", without any effort from "you",  unless you choose to manipulate the environment on purpose.  For those that believe the dreams are created in the brain,  that's freaking-fucking-tastic for the brain to be able to do that.  Some believe the dream world is outside of the physical realm and we project our consciousness into it. (although either way the brain seems to have some effect on the dreams story and substance ). 

I had already both experiences: lucid dreams and out of body projection.

Around three months ago I almost had an out of body experience, but I got frightened and didn't want to let my soul get out of my body (I felt a huge pressure and tingling on my crown chakra, so maybe my Spirit Guide wanted to contact me). After one day I had another out of body experience, but I generally get worried and I go back to my body.

I remember a lucid dream I had around 3-4 years ago. I was swimming on a tower. After descending this tower, there was a woman walking on the streets. I can't remember exactly how she was, but I felt it meant something. This woman is still a mystery for me.

I also had some negative experiences, like getting inside a closed room and being not able to get out of it and also being attacked by vampires.

I remember also a lucid dream I had with Dalai Lama. I was getting psychotic those days, but I still was able to have lucid dreams. Dalai Lama was just pointing a glass filled with water and looking at me.

12 hours ago, see_on_see said:

I was scared (...)

than sleep time. 

I agree yeah, mastering is definitely to be regarded as something else than just having them once in a while. It's also a difficult boundary, though, because even though you say all time is allocated in the dream, I feel like the more conscious you are while awake has a massive impact on the amount of consciousness you can bring up in the dream state. When I was working on lucid dreaming 2 years ago, my highest peak of dream performance was also when I meditated the most. 

11 hours ago, starsofclay said:

I have been (...) story and substance ). 

Man, exactly hitting the nail there. If the brain is actually the thing creating these dreams, right? I always say this to people face to face: "If a brain can create the entire universe (theoretically), then what the hell is reality/a brain???" Or something along those lines. I mean, if people are accepting of the universe being an external reality, than how could you create that exact huge reality inside your small freaking head? It's ridiculous to think of it like that. So yeah thanks for response :)

9 hours ago, brugluiz said:

I had already (...) looking at me.

Interesting stuff there. I feel like you might be hung up to the ideas of what the dreams might mean too much, though. I get that there's sites and books and teachers and name it which are supposedly explaining the meaning of certain elements in dreams, but I just don't feel like that's the point of dreaming or life in general. There's no point, or, everything has a point. That's up to you to decide. I love to think of dreams I have with women to be a good practice for real life, as mostly the dreams tend to be romantic (which I am not really in real life) and thus I can learn from that and apply it. But yeah thanks for sharing !! :)

Ive experienced lucid dreams. I even remember having my first one at a very young age, maybe between 3 or 5. It was so weird in the first one I remember because my uncle actually told me in my dream that I was dreaming. Currently in the process of getting back into it seeing that fear blocked a lot of exploration into my subconscious in the past. Check out Giz Edwards on youtube, its his life.