Geromekevin

Leo has fallen into the "Mind Reader Illusion" trap

32 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2018 at 4:15 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Geromekevin I would rather get kicked in the nuts than try to convince Scott Adams of his self-delusions.

There are some people who are beyond help. Trump, Sam Harris, Scott Adams, and JP are 4 of them.

There is no awakening a closed mind.

My heart smiles when you speak my thoughts. :x ... and anytime you say anything disapprovingly about Jordan Peterson especially. My heart smiles really big.

Maybe it's a bit petty. But I hate the fact that there are so many people who are caught up in this dangerous collective delusion that these figures all propagate and profit from at the expense of the people and the Earth. I hate how much control they seem to be able to exert over the masses. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Emerald Oh how we love to hate ;)

xD

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

15 minutes ago, Emerald said:

xD

You don't want to face the literal death of reality.  No one wants to.  But with death comes new life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura Just to get this thread back on topic and to put this into your mind, because it's easier to see in others than in oneself:

Watch how the creator of - and other people in - this thread fell into the mind-reader illusion towards you.

I bet if you talked to Trump he would also deny your projections of him (even though this might just be mind reading on my part).

Of course you might now say, "But I see his delusions and Trump does not, because I'm more conscious than him!", which might be the case. Or you might have fallen into the same trap, hallucinating the inner thoughts of someone based on your filter of reality.

Also I just wanted to say that I'm pretty stumbled that you so closed minded reject a filter on reality, which is so well to explain the past and predict the future. I assume you are familiar with books like "Influence" by Robert Cialdini and the basic science of persuasion? Scott represents this incredibly powerful theory about the human mind and if you would study persuasion with books by Cialdini or Kahnemann and would read Scott's latest book you might find that he's quite smart after all. Even if you disagree on some aspects, it feels like you are being pretty dogmatic when it comes to this topic. Just a little reflection for you :)

Edited by Geromekevin

@Geromekevin Those explanations and models of the mind you are sharing with me are like 1st grade math compared to the college level calculus I am working with.

All of that is basically nonsense. It does not give a proper account of ego or consciousness at all.

You are accusing me of being biased when really it seems more like you see me that way because you have not yet seriously investigated your own biases.

Scott is not to be taken seriously at all. He's trapped in a stage Orange paradigm. The fact that he is enamoured with Trump's persuasion ability shows you how weak and short-sighted Scott's value system is.

Being enamoured with Trump's ability to persuade is like being enamoured with Hannibal Lecter's skill at eating people.

Just because I don't take such nonsense seriously don't confuse that with closedmindness. You brought a knife to a gun fight here, son ;)

When you become very conscious you will easily see through all of this kind of egoic pseudo-intellectualism.

A lot of people get the bright idea to try to school me when it would be much wiser to take a seat and listen very carefully to what is being said. Very advanced stuff is being said that very few human beings on Earth understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I can't believe trump is the president. Good thing that it at least wasn't Hilary. She was even worse deep down. People often make assumptions about the personalities of others and Hillary used that to her advantage to gain a shit-ton of followers. Making assumptions about others isn't something you can't not do since it is for survival. Keep that in mind.

predicting thought loops is not mind reading, is understanding how mind works

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Those explanations and models of the mind you are sharing with me are like 1st grade math compared to the college level calculus I am working with. 

@Leo Gura Maybe you are overanalyzing?

I myself have followed Scott Adams for about a year. I have found his explanations helpful to understand what's happening in USA.

@Swede God tier profile picture 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Leo Gura  I'm carefully listening to you because I'm - at least partially - aware of my biases. I'm using your and other's spirituality teachings to balance that. I studied physics and am obviously very materialist and rationalistic. Though I think I'm far ahead of the majority of my colleques just for seriously researching and practicing spirituality and non-duality.

We will see how you think about this in 10 years. You might discover that currently you are pretty dogmatic and are commiting fallacies by calling these situation's easy.

From the outside in the big picture your position looks like every other human bias to me. Most people, including me, thinks they have a better than average understanding of the world. We like to think our model is the right one, the truth.

This right here is might be a gem slipping through your hands.

And if you feel like I'm trying to school you, relax. I'm sorry. I wanted to give back since I have learned a lot from you. Thank you for you sharing your best work and insights.

PS.: This might be mind-reading, but I feel like it's probably hard for you to take the feedback from people in your forum seriously. You are used to being the teacher. You point out a lot of traps in self development. The possibility that you could fall into one of those traps (especially in giving the non-dual model to much weight, which you are heavily invested in) and that it gets pointed out by one of your viewers probably strikes you as unlikely. You are to far in your journey for that.