tentacion

If God is everything

15 posts in this topic

Does that mean that God is also what we call material objects, like a rock? When people say that God is everything, is that meant literally? Like everything we see and perceive is God, or a form of God. So we would be a limited kind of God, then you have an apsolute form of God like apsolute infinity? Please help, tnx :P

You should think of God as more the grounding of everything, and in turn is everything. Because God does not have form, God can be whatever form it wants, such as a rock. Its not limited at all, it can create whatever it wants. @tentacion @tentacion @tentacion

@tentacion yes. all is made of and out of God

even these words, the screen, the thought, you, your body

and well, the deep being-level you is god. the pure knowing awareness is god

check out leo's topic post about what god is

God is nothingness as @metwinn is saying

nothingness is everywhere, hence it is everything . thru everything, forming everything

a tv screen displaying a scene of a busy street. it appears to show cars/people/buildings etc

but it's all made up of pixels. 

lose-metaphor there, but i am walking on a treadmill as i write this :P 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, tentacion said:

Does that mean that God is also what we call material objects, like a rock? When people say that God is everything, is that meant literally? Like everything we see and perceive is God, or a form of God. So we would be a limited kind of God, then you have an apsolute form of God like apsolute infinity? Please help, tnx :P

The saying "God is everything" comes from a nondualistic perspective - which is difficult to explain. What helped me was to first drop my preconceived ideas of "God". Many teachers use terms like "awareness, consciousness, presence, god" as synonyms.

Imagine everything, and I mean everything. Can anything be outside of everything? No. As soon as think up something new, you realize it is within everything. Anything that has ever existed, will ever exist or could possibly exist is within everything.

Humans have evolved a brain capable of perceiving things as separate. As well, we are conditioned as children to have a sense of "me". I am separate from you and that rock. That is just one perspective that is conditioned into us as children and reinforced over and over again every single day of our lives. It becomes so ingrained that it's very difficult to see the perspective of everything. So, ask yourself "Am I separate from everything?". It really feels like you are. Yet, how can anything be separate from everything? Now ask yourself "Am I within everything". 

Another way to look at it: Is a pack of cigarettes 20 separate cigarettes or 1 pack of cigarettes? Is a gallon of water quadrillions of separate H2O molecules or 1 gallon of water? Are you trillions of separate cells or 1 organism? Now the BIG question: are there quadrillions and quadrillions of separate things or 1 everything? Well, both. There are two ways to look at it. Some people refer to that 1 everything as God. 

1 hour ago, tentacion said:

@tentacion Does a bear shit in the woods?:P Yea, it's all god. Have you realized who god is yet? That's the best part of it.

4 hours ago, tentacion said:

You'll have to find out for yourself, no one really can answer this.

God is source of all things. Material objects is an illusion of the mind made possible by your 5 senses. World is not made of material, you are inside a biological paradigm, a complex maze of chemicals that make you interact with this world in a certain way. Psychedelics  can open the gates to you and you see things radically differen't that will freak you out and make you panic completely initially. You can see god but through your third eye and that's differen't paradigm completely.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

@tentacion The Self is God. “I am” is God. If God is apart from the Self, He must be a selfless God, which is absurd.

Edited by Misagh

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

How can anything be separate from everything?

You and I are within everything. We are everything ☺️