zoey101

Life is a Painting

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was going through some old stuff of mine and found a paper I wrote back in High School I just wanted to share a small part of it. 

Life is a Painting

When we are going through life, it can be hard to see the good that can come out of the bad moments. But each life is like a beautiful painting. Each unique, with it's own colors and shades. It is impossible for us to see the painting as a whole, because it is not finished and we are a part of it. Every bright color (the good times), every shadow (bad times) and stroke (everything in between) is us and it is ALL necessary in order to make the painting more beautiful in the end. 

While we can not find the good in the bad, and we want to just quit sometimes, it is ALL for the beauty of your painted masterpiece that is your life.

So keep pushing guys :) 

Love you all!

Share your thoughts please :) 

@Nahm Thanks :) I can't for the life of me remember where I heard that, but it's made quite an impression on me :)

Another version I heard was the actor speech in Bojack Horseman lmao. Such a silly show with such deep moments :)

FAZ4xoVn4yWAo7pRrsTgZypq3BJy4VvrCIVdwYycxmg.png

@zoey101 I love painting. Do you paint? This is one way that I convert challenges into opportunities. I love visiting the local Michael's store--all those paint brushes and canvas boards and materials in between that could go along with your masterpiece. Yes, it could be part of a life purpose as well as the enjoyment of visiting the store for window shopping and actually buying. 

2017-10-17 20.27.46.jpg

How would this look if it's painted on canvas instead of it being a photograph?

@zoey101 I love me some abstract thinking :x

Another idea along those lines. . . Each person is like their own type of plant. To flourish each plant has it's own needs. Some plants need lots of shade. Other plants need lots of sun. Some plants need lots of water, others little water. Some plants thrive in clay soil, while other plants whither in clay soil.

2 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Edvard Munch is my favorite painter. He captures on point the suffering of the human condition. I feel connected and empathetic with him. 

Yes, the two figures walking away in the background are interesting, even though I and most people probably  think of the face. I think one of the copies was stolen a while a go. Never really looked at the painting before just heard about it in the news a fair while a go, I should probably take more interest in art. 

Was actually at the place of one of the owners of the painting in Norway, very briefly. Stayed with some fairly crazy people for a while, when I was backpacking.

19 hours ago, Key Elements said:

@zoey101 I love painting. Do you paint? This is one way that I convert challenges into opportunities. I love visiting the local Michael's store--all those paint brushes and canvas boards and materials in between that could go along with your masterpiece. Yes, it could be part of a life purpose as well as the enjoyment of visiting the store for window shopping and actually buying. 

2017-10-17 20.27.46.jpg

How would this look if it's painted on canvas instead of it being a photograph?

I paint a little :) nothing too special lol I mostly just do name boards for baby rooms :)

I think that picture would look absolutely amazing :D 

@Serotoninluv Yeah :) I love how many metaphors there are for it. Paintings, movies, plants lol all different but all beautiful in their own way :) whatever metaphor we chose to describe our lives doesn't matter. What matters is it will be beautiful in it's own way and will be totally worth it in the end :)